You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Person

 

This is one of my first stories ever. They are true, but they're not mine. These are my moms stories. My mom has had a few experiences with ghosts, entities, or shadow people. The first experience she told me was called the shadow person.

She told me she had gone out with a couple friends in the forest, and that they had found an abandoned house near a creek. She told me that they went inside and she had the feeling someone or something was watching her. Her friends had gone out side and were waiting for her, but she was to busy trying to find out what was watching her. She had a couple guesses. A raccoon, a mouse, or a ghost. She thought to her self "it can't possibly be a ghost".

Not soon after she had the feeling something was following her. She was walking up the stairs when half way up the stairs a dark shadowy figure was looking straight at her. She blinked her eyes and it was gone. She ignored it and went back down stairs. She went out side and her friends were waiting for her. They were walking away from the house when she looked back and saw the shadowy figure there, but for a longer amount of time. She blinked and it was gone.

I hope you guys have an explanation for what it was. A demon, ghost, or shadow person. I have 3 other stories about her experiences with ghosts. So please tell me what it is, I would love to look it up and find out more about the different types of entities. I have taken an interest in entities, hauntings, and ghost books please write in the comments what you think this ghost is and other stories about evil entities such as this one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 3moChic859, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Minimel76 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I have had a shadow spirit since I was a child when I was a child it was small child like it was blacker than night and would run up and down the hallway giggling everytime we moved it followed as I grew it grew still to this day it lurks my hallways and doorways others have also seen this human like figure it doesn't seem to have eyes but I know one thing when there is negitive energies in my uome it grows dramatically and can take up an entire room I have aborginal ansestors as my mothers grandfather was part aboriginal but denounced his aboriginality so he could work fencing its still unclear to me why this spirit has grown up with me yea I am gifted in a few ways but I still to this day don't understand who or what this sprirt is and why its here I have not heard it speak only giggle when I was a child but its certinaly visable anyone have any ideas on this particular shadow person?
Is it evil or good?
Cristine (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Again not every black figure is evil or demonic. Ever heard of teh shadow people? They are shadows that appear in humanized forms. Some people have seen red eyes and others have seen human-looking faces that are whiter than white with the eyes the color of their white skin etched in a tan for the pupils. Shadows disappear as quickly as they are seen. If the ghost died under wrong circumstances (murder), or they died holding onto a great deal of grief and anxiety. A ghost can manifest their energy to appear as they want to appear. In my experiance a multi-claivoyant/medium can get them to show themselves in their identity, but this takes a lot of work mentally as well as physically. Shadow people hide behind the shadow for their reason and not for our sanity.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Ok this is not a demon. If it were, then it would be viliont and would of hurt her; she would of got hurt with scratches like that.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
Hi:

I don't really think that this was an "evil entity" or she may have experienced more than just a shadow sighting. However; I am sure it was frightening. I would assume that this was an old house in the woods... Perfect setting. I used to go on the search for old, abandoned farm houses and found plenty. It was something I did when I was younger but would not anymore. I think I would feel as if I were an intruder.

Good story, can't wait to hear the rest. Zeta.
regi375 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
As others have said, not enough info. My best guess would be a shadow ghost, far from malevolent. It was most likely curous to see a person there. It could have lived there during its time, but who knows. Besides, I would have just sent the spirit to its rightful place. I would love to read the other stories and try to explain them to the best of my ability. 😁
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information to venture an educated guess as to what this might have been, and that's the best we could do in any event. For what it's worth, I don't believe in demons, so that would leave you with ghost, shadow person or... Imagination/trick of the light. I, personally, would be terrified of being in that house alone and kudos to your mom for her bravery. There's lots of info online about shadow people that you can research. This doesn't sound like a typical shadow person encounter, though. Provide us with some more details if you can.
Gary25 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
It was a pretty short story, but I do enjoy a good story about "shadows" now and then. It just needs to be elaborated a bit, and have some detail added. When that happens it will be a great story to read!
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Hi There,

Thanks for sharing your story.

'Shadow people' as they are known are very frequent visitors to us, it can be a spirit who stranded, a spirit that is residual meaning that it is tied to one place after death. More often than not, they are just spirits/entities that are looking for recognition, some people and also in my case can feel them trying to draw energy from us... Obviously to make themselves more known... Usually happens when we are at our most calm... Like falling asleep. I often get a glimpse of them walking closer to me when I am falling asleep... Sometimes I have to fight them off and tell them this is my space...

You should ask your mom if she knows any history of the place in the forest, who lived there, died there etc... Might help to clear things up!

Kepp us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: