You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost Of An Innocent Person Whom My Father Saw

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of An Innocent Person Whom My Father Saw

 

I am going to tell about a very scary incident that took place with my father about forty five years back when he was unmarried. We had an old terrace which has been broken long time back about forty years back where my father, along with his cousin brothers used to sleep at nighttime.

Now let me come to the main story. On that old terrace of our building, a person named Peter who was also my father's friend had jumped and committed suicide due to false allegations of fraud against him. People used to say that they used to see him standing, but my father was a non believer in the supernatural at that time. He used to consider all such things fictional and imaginary until the day his belief changed.

One day he was sleeping when suddenly he saw someone calling his name at night. He thought that it was his imagination and went back to sleep, when suddenly the same thing happened and he got up badly scared. He saw a white pyjama in front of him (when Peter had committed suicide, he had worn a white pyjama and white shirt) and saw Peter standing in front of him, smiling at him and suddenly he disappeared into thin air. My father got badly scared and never mentioned about this except for his mother (my late grandmother) who angrily scolded at him and told him never to sleep again at our old terrace ever again in life. After that my father never went on the old terrace to sleep and started sleeping in our hall.

After that my father and my grandmother experienced a quite few

Strange events on the same terrace, even during the day time, but they chose to ignore them.

Afterwards when the old terrace was broken down in 1984 (approximately forty years back) nothing strange was experienced in our building and everything returned to normal.

Other hauntings by Amchi1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amchi1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
To tell you all the truth we had two terraces in our building, one which was purchased in the year 1984 and a huge flat was built there in place of it. Yes he jumped from the third floor, where the new buyers who brought that plot and a flat was constructed there. Our's is an four floor building.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (59 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
On that old terrace that peter jumped from, and you mentioned building, was this an apartment with many floors. Do you know what floor peter jumped from. Did he jump from the 3rd floor, 10th floor, 1st floor? Thanx
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
Yes the police questioned everyone in our entire building and everyone staying around us regarding his suicide. Yes, I have forgotten to mention the right things in both the stories with the same name Peter (although both the men had different surnames and were different individuals. I was not even born during that time, but people who stay around us and used to stay (I mean, now they have left our area) have said and even told me, that there was a huge enquiry by the law in our building, our surrounding area and all people were questioned thoroughly and deeply regarding peter's suicide (although he was falsely accused of fraud by some cunning people) which he had never commited. He was a simple, straight, honest and an innocent family person like everyone around us. Yes, everyone around us and in our building were deeply interrogated regarding his suicide, as people say to me by the law. That's all lady glow.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-23)
Personally, I don't see any "typing mistake" in your other story. The real problem is that, put together, your stories make no sense.

How can you explain the fact that your father would "had never believed in the supernatural" around 30 years ago, if 15 years prior to the "event (that) completely changed his view", he had experienced a paranormal encounter with the spirit of his friend and some other strange events?
Was it denial? Was it amnesia? Or, dread to think, you got keyboard-happy and didn't bother to check if both stories were coherent?

And, since I got keyboard-happy asking questions, would you mind to explain what happened after Peter jumped from the terrace? Did your family have to deal with the law? After all, they would have been the last ones to see Peter alive.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-22)
Sorry I apologize for my typing mistake in the story previously written. I am a busy person, so typing error took place in the previous story. I should have written this story before. Sorry for the typing errors in the previously written story. Sorry readers.
MythBelieve (4 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-02-22)
You posted this story which was 29 year old incident and the person was Peter

"The Dead Friend That My Father Saw on 2022-10-30

Friends the story which I am going to tell you is about a very horrifying experience my father had about twenty nine years back."

It ended with the below mentioned line

" He had never believed in the supernatural, but this event completely changed his view. After this incident he started reciting god books and going to the temple to pray."

And this current story's incident happened 45 years back, just saying... Did he forget about this incident after everything was normal 45 years back
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-21)
My father has many Christian friends, who stay in our area. Now most of them have left and gone to goa, many have died. Yes what you said is truth, my father has many (not much to mention) friends by the name of Peter. He committed suicide by jumping to death from our building's terrace.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-20)
Is the name 'Peter' common in India?
How many friends named 'Peter' has your father have?
Why was Peter at your father's house when he jumped to his death?
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-02-18)
I suppose Peter decided to move on eventually, it's tragic that people sometimes feel the need to commit suicide, I can't imagine how desperate and alone they must feel to do something like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: