You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Fearful Nights

Real Ghost Stories

Fearful Nights

 

This is a continuing story as it is still going on. I moved into this current apartment in February 2011. Upon moving in, I had a creepy feeling as if I was being watched. I also was 6 months pregnant at the time. Besides the creepy feeling everything seemed normal, every now and then I would get a feeling of dread and was frightened.

In September or October of 2012, one night as I was half asleep, I awoke with my body shaking, and I couldn't move, all I could do was scream and pray to God and it eventually went away. I recall having feelings of terror as if an intruder was in my apartment. In December 2012, I had been reading my Bible and praying, laid down to go to bed and turned out the light. I felt a dark or black blanket or covering, cover my entire body from head to toe. Again, it was happening. I couldn't move and I felt helpless. I just cried out to God, rebuking whatever it was in the name of Jesus. It went away.

December 7th was an eventful night, I put my now 17 month old son to bed and I was reading on the couch. I heard something by my feet and it took off down the hall. It sounded like a dog was running through grass. I saw nothing. I continued to read and I heard a growl for about a minute. I began praying and I got goosebumps followed by cold chills. Drafts of cold air were on my cheeks and neck. Later that night at around 2:30 am my baby was screaming bloody murder. Concerned for him I brought him in my bed with me. I watched him and he just stared at the ceiling with a blank stare as his body began to tremble. I again prayed and it went away. I am currently seeking a house blessing from my church, waiting for a call back. Just curious if anyone has experienced something like this!

Thank you,

Brittany

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LibertyLites, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LibertyLites (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-17)
Rev. Holmes, you intrigue me! Lol. I don't believe God has turned a blind eye to your evil ways nor mine nor anyone else's. Human nature in itself is evil. It's selfish, fearful, self edifying, prideful ect. If salts work for you that's great! I wasn't in the need of salts apparently. Also had someone talking to me about chants telling it to come forth and go home to the light where it came from. And that it was behaving badly and needed to go into the light so the universal God could teach it a lesson until it learned to behave. Not quite familiar with that course of action. I have been down the road and have looked into other religions, it's not something I plan on doing again. Thank you for your kind words and advice. I could find God in my couch if I looked long enough.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
as you are interested in god you should read other religions too.
Satan is found in only the abrahamical religions.
Theres no satan in hinduism and a lot of other religions.
Sikhism the youngest religion in the world at 300 years makes no mention of a satan.
I found sikhism the most relevant logical and a level headed religion.
It states that our problems are due to our egos and too much identification with our bodies and ignorance about our TRUE self.
Our evil mentalities are the real satan.
Peace.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
using salts and sage doesn't undermine ones faith in god. I can be wrong of course. Salt is thought holy because life originated in the seas. And now no man has ever made a sea. When one marvels at the sea one is acknowledging the creative powers of god.
See how cleverly he has hidden himself around us all.
In our enthusiasm we often tend to diss many things.
But I must remember that I'm the most evil person there is and I'm alive only because the lord is extremely forgiving and has been turning a blind eye to my evil deeds.
Peace to all.
Humbly
Holmes ❤
LibertyLites (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
It very well could be! Another thing is I used to wake up in the middle of the night, every night with a citrus taste in my mouth. More like lemons or limes. I've noticed it's gone now. Sometimes it still creeps me out but I have made my closet my prayer closet. As I said before, I'm not educated in this area very well but am curious to know why this sort of thing happens. Is it an attack of Satan? Is there or could there be something I did to open this door? Am I now set up for further attacks? Things like that linger in my mind.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
That drive to help others could very well be why it happened in the first place, to instill that in you.
LibertyLites (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Thank you very much! I only rely on the power of God. I didn't mention that I am also an aspiring Minister. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure salts and sage can work, but with my faith, to do such things may also come across as lack of faith. I still haven't had any more problems! I believe this was a test from God and I had to give Him my fear. Which allowed me to further my transition to serve Him. Prior to this experience, I knew a demonic and angelic force existed but I had never experienced it before. In a way I am thankful it happened. I now want to help others in this area.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
you want to know if anyone else has been through such trials. I have been through worse. Take heart. And keep praying. Everything else can wait but ones search for god can't wait.
Peace to all.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
I am much joyed to know that you have found a shield against something not very pleasant. Salt is used for purification and shielding. Like bathing in saltwater before you go to pray.
I wish you success in your endeavor.
Humbly,
H
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Liberty, its always important to let any entity, that is in a way tresspassing in your home, know that you're in charge. If you welcome positive entities then let it know its not welcome. Be assertive. Put your foot down.

If it comes back then repeat what you did this time around.

I'm glad you found peace and I hope its lasting.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
At least the 'D' word hasn't been mentioned. I'm am glad your Faith is strong. In addition to your prayers please try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

As this seem to be 'on going' please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
LibertyLites (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Thank you, very much! Of course it took a few days for this to be posted! The night after I posted this, I had already gone to bed and I woke up and saw creature! It opened my bedroom door, in which it had to have closed it because its never closed. Anyway, I saw a abnormally long arm open my door all the way. It's head was abnormally long and huge and deformed. It was not very tall, it's head barely was visible as it walked along the perimeter of my bed. It just kept pacing back and forth around my bed and opening and closing the door. It peeked above my bed and we met at eye level! My baby began crying at this point as he was next to me and it disappeared. I was freaking out this whole time, filled with panic and terror. I didn't even go back to sleep, just prayed for our protection and watched my baby go back to sleep.

Later that day I called my mom to come help pray over my apartment. She is a mighty prayer warrior and we have both been to sessions on spiritual warfare in the past. She came over that evening. We read scriptures of the Bible and prayed out loud and rebuked it. Also used oil around every door and doorway and every corner of my apartment. I had a hard time reading rhe scriptures for some reason, I had to basically force the words out if my mouth. My mom said when we were in my closet she could feel something prickly touching her extremities. But she felt it was warmer when we were done. I chose to spend the night with my mom, just because I was still scared.

I returned home last night, by myself, just to make sure everything was okay. I went to go lay down for bed, with my back to the closet. This is no joke! I felt it touching me on my head and on my back and shoulders and stomach, like it was holding onto me! Felt prickly and I got goosebumps. I Talked with someone earlier that told me not to be in fear because once it sees that, it could just be a game. I just layed there while it was doing this and talked to God, thanking him for my family and friends and other supportive people in my life, ect. It eventually went away, and I fell asleep.

Today, I woke up and felt peace. I was able to smile again in my room! It's very nice not having that feeling of fear anymore! I imagine it could come back to try and scare me again, but I will not let fear in. I have faith that God took care of it.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Oh no! This is aweful. Its definitely negative especially if you're baby is being affected like this. I feel for you both. You were right to seek help from the church. If you are open to other forms of cleansings then try sage or salt. If not, then try hanging crosses above your door frame or anything else of religious nature that brings comfort to you. I advise that you keep your son with you in your bedroom until this is sorted out.

Shlain ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: