You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Red Faced Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Red Faced Entity

 

This actually happened just then and it has left me quite shaken.

This morning while getting ready, I began to exit the bathroom when I suddenly saw a red face glaring at me from the reflective mosaic tiles on the bathroom walls. I was really shocked and just tried my best to dismiss it.

Just then, I was sleeping with my boyfriend and something hit my face. It felt like a slap so I yelled at my boyfriend but he insisted it wasn't him. Upon falling back asleep I suddenly began hearing a loud static noise and my hands began to reach for my neck and I started strangling myself. My boyfriend was sound asleep and I couldn't scream. During this process a face kept flashing before my eyes and my whole body was paralysed except for my foot. I kept trying to nudge my boyfriend but he wouldn't wake up. The ordeal ended when I began to pray, I felt it weaken but not as much as other spirits did when I would pray so I began to feel this entity was particularly strong?

But I managed to weaken it enough to scratch myself which woke me from the state. Upon waking it said profanities at me which increasingly got louder and louder so I screamed back in anger and woke my boyfriend. He hugged me and as he did I felt another body pressed against mine and I heard a voice whisper mocking compliments in my ear, about how my hair was beautiful and I got a message from the entity that he wanted to rape me. I'm not sure if that is possible.

This wasn't my first encounter but it is definitely my most frightening. The thing that scared me the most was that my family are Chinese Buddhists so they got a monk to place pieces of paper around the house and cleanse the room so no spirits can enter. Does this mean they are weakening or did I just have sleep paralysis? I'm praying its the latter...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nanakorobi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
[at] rozo- I share your views and logically you are correct.
Many a case of sp can be mistaken for demonic whatnots.
I believe demonic hauntings are nothing but a sp
Taken a bit too seriously.
Some who are timid by nature may freak out.
The op shouldnt worry as it was. Just an isolated incident.
They don't repeat themselves.
Peace.
H
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
I too experience sp at times. I love sp's and often look forward to them.
When I can't move I tell myself its just a dream and not to panic and I go back to snoring or praying. And that's that.
I wonder how do other posters deal with it. Any suggestions?

❀
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
No harm done Nana, thanks for clearing up... And as a sufferer of sleep paralysis, I know just how frightening it is... If possible, try limit the amount you fall asleep lying on your back... They say this is the biggest cause of SP.

Have a great weekend.!
Rozo
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Odds are the 'ritual' that was done to cleanse the room needs to be done again... Yes it could be SP heck it might even be just that... But better safe than sorry. Oh... This was mentioned and you are more than welcome to try it.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Rev-Holmes (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
what matters is your attitude. Allways be optimistic, laugh a lot, sing and play music loud (btw demons can't stand noise lol). But I don't think you having a demonic problem.
I would blame stress for it. Like you write you had a problem at the university.
Get de stressed at once.
Negative entities and even negative people target persons who have bin going through a bad patch.emotionally.
Certain medications, in fact its just one, like mirtazapine 'cure' such incidents.
Its good you believe in a god or an avatar like jesus is known in indiΓ .but you must also try to remain high emotionally. Be a little less bound to your timetables and a little careless.
In india both lord budhha and jesus are considered avatars of the same supreme god _lord vishnu. Lord vishnu is omnipotent. He is me you and your pet dog and also in zeta and other posters. There is no place he is not present in.cheers!
Respect all love your parents as god will appreciate it much and will reward you. Acknowledge god as the prime cause of causes. Forget the incident as it was an isolated one and won't repeat itself.
Thanks and peace.
[at] zeta-thanks for your posts. I learned a lot. I know nothing about demons. This is just common knowledge in india. Vampires are basically a western concept. Don't think we ever had a vampire incident in india.
If I came across as experty, it was entirely unintentional.
I find this site very drab and humourless.
Don't enjoy being here. Guess I have OCD lol.
I like the site near death experiences as it gives a positive shot in the arm.
Thanks and peace to all
Loved to interact with you.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Nana
Rooks method of cleansing is a very good one and I believe many on this site have used it. I would recommend trying it out
nanakorobi (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] Gypsysheart: I never have but after reading a bit more I chanced upon Rookdygin's cleansing ritual:/ would that be of more help?

[at] mellybar: sorry about that, the sentence "this just happened minutes ago" was just reffering to the whole account written below:L anything written below that sentence was a recount of what had happened before I came on the site, sorry for the confusion! I actually got ready in the morning, then picked up my boyfriend where we ended up taking an afternoon nap, sorry I should have clarified more, same to you [at] rozo.

[at] rev-holmes: I guess at the time when I saw the "face" presumably it was morning and when the actual "attack" happened it was around 3 pm when I was taking an afternoon nap with my boyfriend. Overall it was a good day but I havebeen getting some stress from university work as well, thank you for your help!:)
I pray to God as in the one of Christian faith but my parents are buddhists so there is a bit of a religious barrier between us.

[at] zeta: I am hoping it is sleep paralysis, because I don't think anyone would want to experience something like this:L

Thank you for all your advice everyone:), I'll try them all out and hopefully update you all, also once again sorry for the confusion I caused with the first sentence, please feel free to ask any questions if you need to.:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Rev-Holmes: I missed one of your comments about that I should send some advice for the young teen. Although I don't have any advice for this teen in this situation, it appears that you have offered plenty of advice including;

Could be sleep paralysis
Had a bad day
Emotional problems
Bowl of water
Bowl of salt

Just to name a few. Thanks for the advice for this young teen.
Peace, zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Rev-Holmes:

Thanks for the reply, makes a little more sense now. It would appear that you are very well-versed and well-studied in the field of demonolgy... I am not, nor do I desire to be. I do have my own beliefs on demons however and they do seem to differ somewhat than yours, doesn't make them right...doesn't make them wrong... Just like your opinions.

Oh, and to answer your question...No, I don't believe that demons have a preference to pretty, young females. I believe that demons will surround anyone or anything that for some reason is suseptible, be it the situation, the circumstances, the time-frame. It seems to me many people get demons mixed up with let's say, vampires who in contrast to my belief of demons, were "smitten" by pretty, young females. Now I am a person who does not believe in vampires but I am not totally close-minded to anything.

Once again, my opinion and once again I am not an expert in the field of demons.

Peace to you also, zeta.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
another last comment
_kicking a demonic end is not simple for a westerner cause its the way they think about demons.
It seems most westerner believe that demons and angels belong to higher plane than humans.
Whereas we believe that they both exist in a plane much lower to humans.
And they are not allowed interaction with humans.
But some break the rules as we some how manage toinvite them in our lives
intentionally or unintentionally.
Each to his own opinion.
Peace

😁
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] zeta- yes my comments may appear a bit off for some reason. And english being an alien language for me.
I'm not a sarcastic person as I may seem to appear.
I am concerned about the op because from my experience or from what I have read, or as you have candidly stated -on my planet, the demons-
A.feed on a persons fear.
B.have an eye for pretty young things
C.do have naughty relations with them both in eastern and western mythology. Some incidents are also mentioned on this site.
E.their little ends can be kicked by a person who are very strong willed.
In my humble opinion the op has a problem on her hands which needs to be addressed somewhat urgently.
Atleast that's what I feel.
You can beg to differ as we all think differently.
Are you serious when you say demons are not attracted to pretty females? I think not.
You should send in your advice too. It will help the young teen. Peace.
.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
One last comment to Rev-Holmes...I am not trying to be disrespectful or anything of the sort, but looking over your comments, something seems a bit off. For example; "the lady should take courage and kick the little behind of the demon thing outta her home." Are you serious or is that a bit of sarcasm from your end? Should be that easy to kick the little behind of little demons out... Only if it were that simple.

Zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] Rev...that is not anything close to what I was talking about. I was trying to explain how maybe her method of explaining the story was a bit confusing for the readers. Had nothing to do with demons being attracted to beautiful, young things. On the contrary, I don't believe demons give a hoot about who they are "demonizing". I think you and I are on two different planes, planets maybe.

Thanks anyway, zeta.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] zeta _that clarifies things a lot. An evil entity is attracted to a teen whose hair it finds beautiful. It wants to terrorise her into submission. We can find similar examples in indian and also islamic lores.
Demons in many cultures have an eye for pretty young things.
Isnt this similar to the Beauty and the Beast tale?
Only that the beast needs to be exorcised in this situation.
Demons etc should be ashamed of themselves for using such sick tricks to prey upon innocent people.
The demon etc here is assuming that the op here is young inexperienced and hence defense less. While he is old ugly cunning and without principles and guileless and a coward.
The lady should take courage and kick the little behind of the demon thing outta her home. What do you think?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Maybe to clear up for the O/P...it states she is a teen. Many teens are very used to texting and using shortened versions of words, etc. And therefore may explain things differently than an adult. Also, maybe being from down under could play a part culturely. However, I do know that if I were a teen and a red face glaring from the mosaic tiles on the wall, I wouldn't be able to dismiss it. Rather, I may be out the door, pj's or not, in a split second. πŸ˜‰

Zeta.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] mellybar- it does take a lot of effort to understand the first sentence and the subsequent sentence _just then I was snoozing with my bf.
Maybe some people do sleep separately at nights and sleep together after awakening in the morning.
Hope the experiencer clarifies what she really means.
My english is pretty bad so pl excuse,
Thanks
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
[at] rozo-you have a point there.
Someone speaking in your ear after an sp is more of an exception.
Logically you are correct.
But if I said I do believe in demons I think it would have a negative effect on the OP. Believing in the existence of negative entities is in itself a problem. It compounds the problem. I think some rare people with a strong mind can will away entities. I can be wrong ofcourse.
I read somewhere that demons etc aren't stronger than us and rather are afraid of us.
Eastern religion believes them to be our bad karma done in past lives.
Everything we face is the result of good or bad karma.
Meditating on peace, non violence and non injury (to all living beings) can eliminate bad karma. Hence eating meat may also be termed as bad karma.
What I found a bit unusual is that demonic attacks etc are pretty mild in intensity and rare in india as compared to the west. In india we have temples playing holy music in the last leg of the night. In every village town and city.
Maybe that's the reason why psychic attacks are so unheard of in india.
Ofcourse I can be very wrong and off the point.
Thanks for reading
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
there is a thin line dividing reality from illusions. Could be sleep preyalasis. Maybe you had had a bad day? Or having some emotional problems?
Try reading the hanuman chalisa or keep praying to whosoever you pray to.
Demons etc hate water salt and iron or copper.
Keep a bowl of water and a bowl of salt by your bedside.
Wear an iron silver or copper bangle.
Btw to whom do you pray to? If you don't mind.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Yeah, I'm with Mellybarr on this one... Getting ready in the morning to get back into bed?

Does sound like SP... But my only concern is the comments you heard once awake... That is not an effect of SP... Or do I stand to be corrected?
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Wow, this story is really confusing. The first sentence doesn't make much sense, but I'm assuming you mean to tell us that this had just happened to you mere minutes ago, but then you mention going back to sleep? I don't normally start getting ready in the morning and then go back to bed... After that it sounds like SP to me. Maybe your body was trying to wake you up and get you going for the day. πŸ˜•
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Honestly sometimes those things just don't work. Have you tried burning sage? That helps a lot of the time. Just make sure the smoke gets in every corner and you state firmly that any spirit that wishes you harm must leave your house and never return. I hope this helps you a bit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: