You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Thirsty Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Thirsty Ghosts

 

Every night since I moved into my new home 4 years ago, at 8:35 P.M., I hear footsteps in the hallway above the living room. The first few times it freaked me out but now it doesn't scare me. A few nights ago, I was in the kitchen making myself dinner, when I watched the water faucet turn off, then on all by itself. I was pretty freaked. I called my boyfriend and he said I was just tired and should go to bed. I was up all night trying not to get scared and think about the ghosts (if there is any) in my house.

Then, yesterday morning I was getting my stuff together for work and the printer started to print off blank sheets of paper. Then, this morning, I walked into my office, here at my home because I heard a noise and as soon as I walked in, the chair to my desk fell over, papers were thrown in the air, and I saw a shadow leave and a cold burst of air like someone had rushed, trying to get away in a hurry. No windows were open and the door wasn't open. (I find it weird that two of the three experiences so far have both been involved with my office. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I figured I should mention it.)

Now, while I am writing this I see a shadow or dark figure through my window that disappears every time I look up. It's not as quick as it thinks, though. I can see it is a teenager or a small adult. I can't see what it is wearing but it has very pale skin. I think it just wants to come in but I'm scared to open up the window. I don't thing this spirit is trying to hurt me but I am getting a little scared. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carolineps, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
carolineps,

You got good advise here already. I just want to push the fact about NOT opening the window or door because like Rook said it could be a real person (if it's a real person, why would be s/he be by the window? Maybe a peeping Tom) or even a ghost... Both ways you don't know what their intentions are. I recently posted a story here (uninvited visitor) about a ghost trying to get into my house by ringing the bell (I have learnt that many ghosts can't enter a residence without being invited in). I'm an empath so I was able to feel the evil radiating from this thing so I didn't open the door and stopped my brother from doing so. All I'm saying is that just be cautious because you never know what you invite in.

As for protection, if you are religious you can use PrestonJ's prayer provided in the link or a prayer from whatever religion you practice.

If you are not religious and still want protection, Rook's cleansing is excellent. I am another one of the poster who have used Rook's cleansing with great results, so I could vouch for it.

Sw05's suggestion about doing research and keeping a journal is also great.

[at] Rook,
Sorry, if I made you blush even more! LOL!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Hello carolineps, the footsteps you hear every night should be definitely a residual haunting. Printer, I think as Zack said, may not probably be connected to the other happenings. I do not think it is paranormal anyway. But as far as the drawer opening and papers flying and the shadow leaving the office, I feel that some spirit is trying to catch your attention. I do not think that it has got any connection to the other one which appears outside your window. But as Rook advised, please do not open the window. Try to use Rook's cleaning method. It has helped in my case and definitely it is a solution to ward off negative energies. But don't get scared because negative entities try to embolden if you are afraid.

As others have suggested, try to investigate about the history of the house, ask the neighbours or the previous tenants or residents about whether they had any encounters. Try to keep a journal of the events and occurrences recording the date, time of encounters. Keep us informed of developments and any information about the history of the house.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
carolineps,

Please DO NOT open the window... What you are seeing 'just outside' may not be a spirit but a very real 'pale skinned young adult/teenager. Until you can rule that out please do not take the risk of opening your window or for that matter leaving the doors unlocked.

Even if it is a spirit DO NOT 'invite' it in. There is no way to determine its 'TRUE NATURE' and is not worth the risk.

If your nerves are really 'on edge' please try either the Prayer that has been offered by PrestonJ (if you are a Religious type) or feel free to use my Method as offered by valkricry (it takes a wee bit longer, but is 'Religion Free'). Thanks valkricry...😳...You made me blush...

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
On the bright side, it doesn't seem to be wanting to hurt you. Rook has a cleansing method, that many have testified has really good results. You might give it a try;
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
PrestonJ (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Carolineps,
Kind of had the same thing going on. My suggestion is trying this prayer in the morning and night. Up to you of course but has helped me and my family.

Http://www.victorianparanormalconnection.com.au/MichaelInvocation.html
Zack84 (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
The printer may not have anything to do with a paranormal event. Is the printer wifi? Or running over Bluetooth? Even if you are not using the wifi connection, if the printer is capable it may be broadcasting and searching the wifi network constantly. There are any number of reasons that can cause a wifi printer to spontaneously begin printing blank pages, or pages with lines of gibberish. If it's a hard line only printer it can also be caused by debugging within either the printer software or your OS. Might want to check for firmware and software updates on that printer.

The footsteps could certainly be a residual haunting, if so there's nothing to worry about. My mother's house has been having residual occurrences for years with no ill effects on her (or me when I was living there). I agree with sw05, research the house's past.
sw05 (2 stories) (8 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
carolineps,
Do the footsteps happen EVERY night at exactly 8:35? If so, this would seem to indicate a residual spirit. But the rest of the 'experiences' don't seem to be residual.
My advice would be to look into the history of the house if you haven't already. How old is this 'new' house? But since its happening to you in a place that you frequently occupy, maybe it has something to do with you also. Maybe keep a journal and report back:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: