You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Thirsty Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Thirsty Ghost

 

I was 9yrs old when I got sent to boarding school. We were Catholic so naturally the school of choice was a covent school in a little farming town about 2hrs away from home. The school was beautiful at the foot of a mountain with plenty of space for young kids to run around! It was pretty strict, we even had "play uniform" powder blue dresses that we wore after school when it was play time. Every Sunday morning it was church and we would walk in line with our white dresses and stockings looking like angels! I hated every minute of it but as the weeks went by I eventually got used to it.

The older girls would tell us ghost stories about the dead priests that walked around the rose gardens at night and about the groups of nuns that would chant their prayers on the sports field while we were all asleep. I didn't believe much because I had never had anything that had really scared me and I was never allowed to watch scary movies so I was actually clueless about these things.

One night I couldn't really sleep and was tossing and turning for at least an hour or two, then I happened to turn away from the wall and there on the side of my bed was a man, with a long beard looking at me. You would think that I would have screamed but I didn't feel any fear at all. He spoke to me and asked for a glass of water. I got out of bed, he had moved to the door, put on my gown, took my cup and started walking to the bathroom. I got the water and came back and he was gone. I took of my gown, got back into bed and fell asleep.

In the morning I wanted to tell our dorm mistress but for some reason when I saw her I had forgotten. That night he came again with the same request and again I did the same procedure but when I came back he was gone again. I think this happened for like a whole week until eventually I remembered to tell my friend and she totally freaked and told the dorm mistress who dismissed it and said that it was "Jesus" and not a ghost.

The following weekend my mother fetched me for a home visit and I told her what was happening... She took me out of the school with immediate effect.

Till today I do not understand whether I was being haunted or was it just a bad dream, but every morning when I woke up I would always have a cup of water on my bedside to show that I had gone to get the water and it wasn't for me because the cup was still full.

Other hauntings by Mynessa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mynessa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Another very interesting story Mynessa. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I don't know who it could have been. Maybe it was Jesus or maybe it was just the spirit of a lost soul who had died of thirst. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: