You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Electric or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Electric or Ghost?

 

This is actually an event that happened to my father. When he was a youngster, probably around ten or twelve, his cousin and him were sleeping on a fold-out couch downstairs in the living room. While everyone else was sleeping, my father happened to see the medal bars in the window pane light up witch looked like a flow of electricity in it.

The electricity (possibility, it was electricity) formed into an electric ball of some sort, then it floated across the living room towards the thermo-stat and somehow, in a way, entered it and everything in the house went silent, the air-conditioning went off and the lights, just everything. After everything came back on my father and his cousin looked at each other with amazement asking , "Whoa did you just see what I saw?".

They both happened to see the same thing, but here's the twisted part, my great-grandfather just happened to have died a week or so earlier, and my father's cousin told him that he thought he saw their grandfather's face on the supposedly "floating ball". To this day, I try to solve whether if it was electricity or a possibility of my great-grandfather saying his last goodbye to the living.

Other hauntings by xchristine99x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Testoli456 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
Spirits are said to be made of electromagnetic energy so that explains the electricty
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
I think it could have been the grandfathers ghost saying his last goodbye to your father and his cousin. Spirits, in my opinion, have a different ways to get a message across. Some turning off lights, others turning on t.v.'s, while others still make noises (such as foot steps, and breathing noises) and some still just show up as shadow spirits, etc.
It could have just been a electricity ball, but the grandfather could have used that as an opportunity to make his presence known and to let your father and cousin know he was there.

Peace
JustCurious
revetwrot (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
yeah, it sounds like ball lightning. Seeing the face, it's human nature to see shapes in objects, like when you look at clouds, and see shapes. Ball lightning in itself is a unique occurrence, as it doesn't act like any known phenomena. It acts like it has intelligence behind it. Even today, we don't know whether or not it is supernatural or natural phenomena.
BobertTiir (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
If you know anything about lightning, and electricity it does NOT form into balls, it's too erratic. I don't know what that was, but I don't think it was electricity.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
I like it when stories get passed down. I think it's a sign of your grandfather. I enjoyed reading this story. Thanks for sharing it. I guess it was a sign saying he is watching you. Friends and family relatives watch us after they have passed away that's what I believe. They just watch us and see what we get up to and that. It is creepy in a way but nice. I do think they miss us and they would do anything just to show us a sign. 😊
lulabelle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
i think this sounds like ball lightning. The face on the ball was probably the mind playing tricks which happens a lot just after people die - you imagine all sorts. Sometimes these things are real (I think) but this to me sounds like ball lightning. If the cousin saw ball lightning but didn't know what it was, he may have immediately assumed that it was the grandfather's ghost, and created a mental image.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
I think that it was your grandfather telling you his last good- bye before he passed on to heaven which is very common. Did any of this happen before? If it did, maybe your grandpa wants to stay for a little more then a good- bye, so yeah.
deadcorpse94 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
Oh my gawd! (sorry I say gawd, instead of god because I don't want to use his name in vein) This is sort of creepy, well really creepy! Good Story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: