You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Standing On The Lawn

Real Ghost Stories

Standing On The Lawn

 

When I was younger I had a couple of experiences happen to me that I just can't explain.

My grandma's house, where I grew up, used to be the biggest party house on the block. Everyone in my neighborhood was related somehow, either through marriage or our parents growing up together (in my culture we consider that as family even though it isn't blood). All the teens who got kicked out or just simply ran away because their parents didn't condone the partying behavior would come straight to my house. Drugs, alcohol, fights, shootings, cops... You name it! The atmosphere just wasn't any good for kids my age. And this went on before I was even in Elementary all the way until I was outta high school.

Anyways, a lot of my cousins were experimenting with the Ouija board every time they got drunk or stoned. They would tell me stories about how one of them got possessed and tried to kill everyone in the party. Or that every night they talked to some guy who lived on the corner right across the street and that he chased my cousin all around the block, until someone had to tackle and calm her down.

I was young so I believed it all. From a young age I've always been fascinated with the unknown. But I'm a total chicken shiat so I always needed to sleep with someone. One night me and my brother was knocked out in the living room. Immediately he started snoring and was out like a lamp. For some reason I laid there not being able to even feel tired. I felt like someone wanted me to go and sleep in our room. (My grandpa passed away in that room before I was born.)

I was in a dazed like state, like my body got up on its own and started walking towards the room. Before I reached the room I had this urge to look outside the window. Our living room windows are very wide so you can see the whole street in both directions. When I looked on my lawn, there stand was a HUGE blacker than black figure just staring at me. I mean it was bigger than two of my trash bins and probably about 7ft tall. I can make out a trench jacket by his outline and a hat. I froze and grabbed my brother but I wasn't scared because it felt like my grandpa had my back the whole time. I woke up in the morning just to see if it maybe was my trash bin, but found no evidence on the ice frosted snow...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Know_Seek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Know_Seek (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Yeah it was definitely an experience I can never forget. And yes that was the only time I ever saw that entity or whatever it was again. Thanks for the comments guys!
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Hey there! Nice story but I have an almost same experience as you I saw a rather big man sitting on a stair outside a house, I could even see his clothes' material shalwar kameez (Pakistani national dress) but when I turned on my dad's car's headlights there was nothing but stones shaped like a man and had pieces of clothes on them so maybe it was something else!
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Great story Know Seek! If you want to know who the apparition was or even if it was an apparition or a trash can, you could ask your neighbours or your family members about this man you saw.
😊 😊 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello Know_Seek, was it the only time you saw this entity? Did you see it again? Also, you said that your brother was fast asleep and you, a dazed person walked towards the room and at that time, you saw outside the window. But you also said you froze and grabbed your brother's hand. I want to ask you, how come, you said he was asleep, ain't it? I just want to know for clarification.

If it is the only time you saw that entity, then it would be difficult to give my comment on it.

As far as Ouija Boards are concerned, they should be shunned. But, whatever you narrated that somebody said that were possessed and they were telling that they tried to kill everyone in the party are all far fetched. But, my advise to you is that don't use Ouija Board.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Where do you get information about these things. It would be handy. I've tried just asking who they are. Thought I got a truthfull answer, but come to think of it, I supposed there are liers in the spirit world as well as here.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
When I was a kid, I had a good friend who had the scare of a lifetime- he saw the classic looking ghost across his yard one night while taking his dog outside. He ran in screaming for his parents. Turns out, this ghost was actually a door to the neighbor's shed left open and swinging in the breeze. The way the light above the shed was shining on the swinging door, made it appear to be a large "scooby doo" looking ghost. All that said, who knows what you might have seen that night standing in your yard.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Know_Seek: I used the YGS custom search and found a lot of stories about shadow people wearing coats and hats. They've been spotted in many places. Well, I know what I'm reading up on this weekend!
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
You might want to check out My First Shadow Person here on YGS. The OP saw something that was almost identical to what you saw. This is interesting!
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Oh, Ouija Boards. Probably the worst thing ever invented. People use them in the worst ways. While I do believe in the hands of a psychic it can be helpful, put it in the hands of a teen and you can have a demon around you for the rest of your life. They can pull things straight from hell. I believe that if this wasn't your grandfather, dropping by for a hello, it was something brought upon by the Ouija Board. I hope the user, Rook, sees this! Rook's cleansing method is a charm and look into one if things get worse or you just want to feel safe! Good luck and stay strong! ❤
Mothpete (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Why do these things need hats? To keep the sun off their fair skin? Or are they just very fashionable. It's weird. Bizarre story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: