You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Goodbye Visits Shows Distance Never Made You Distant

Real Ghost Stories

Goodbye Visits Shows Distance Never Made You Distant

 

Last night I was up late studying for AP testing when something strange happened. It was about 2am and I was totally consumed by my studies when a sudden loud noise interrupted my focus. I expected it must have been one of my family members who had woken up, but when I looked up I saw a medal swinging from a hook on the wall, clanking against some family photos.

Despite having had a few paranormal experiences in the past, my immediate reaction was skepticism (mainly because all my other experiences had been marred by fear, whereas this time I felt no sense of threat). However, after some "paranormal investigation" I concluded that none of the air vents were blowing the way of the medal, nor would the air conditioning system be strong enough to move a medal that size.

After confirming it was a spirit who came to visit me, I sat there trying to figure out who it was, half expecting to see an actual ghost. I decided it must have been my friend who passed away a few months ago, but I couldn't figure out why he would be drawn to the wall of family photos. Perplexed by who the spirit might be and even more perplexed as to why the experience hardly caused me any fear, I suddenly became soothed by a sensation of someone (or something rather) rubbing my shoulder. Eventually I went back to studying for a while before finally getting to bed.

This afternoon I found out that my grandfather had passed away. He was the one who visited me last night. What makes the whole experience a little more remarkable is that my grandfather lived all the way across the Atlantic from me in Norway. It comforts me to know the spirit realm isn't restricted by worldly laws of distance and time. If anything, my grandpa's closer to me now than he's ever been before.

I love you so incredibly much, Grandpa. Thank you for coming to visit me before you left. Rest in peace.

Du er verdens beste farfar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Neverland_Natalia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
That is a very beautiful story. I'm not sure what it is but my grandfather has done the same. Not exactly but I feel like he'll drop by and visit my mother and us through other things as well. Must be a grandparent thing. 😁 Yes! The spirit world knows no restriction. This can be beautiful or scary! Good luck in life and stay happy!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello Neverland_Natalia, welcome to YGS. That was really a remarkable experience you had. I know that people come to visit their loved ones just before crossing over, even though they are miles apart, to ensure that they say good bye. It was a nice experience that your grandfather came to bid you good bye. That is the love and affection and it goes beyond the line of life and death. I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
A great story. I had a close friend do that too when he passed. Bless you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Neverland_Natalia,
I'm curious, was the medal prechance clanking on his picture?
Lovely that he got a chance to say goodbye.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
What a wonderful and well written story!

Experiences like this one are a solid proof that love and spirit do not end with death.

Thanks for sharing.
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Hi neverland natalia - Love your story. It's such a comfort to know that death isn't really a barrier that separates us from the ones we love.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: