You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Girl Was Standing There Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Girl Was Standing There Watching Me

 

It all started when my family and I first moved into the house. We got settled and enjoyed being near the mountains. I loved the house, it was big. It had a basement but it was very old and not in good shape. The walls were torn down and you could see the pipe lines and it was nothing new. The main floor was small. It has a big living room and a small kitchen. No dining room. Then the bathroom. It was old and out of shape just like the basement. My mom hated it. I told her that we won't be here for long. She didn't believe me. Turns out we were there for only a year. The upstairs had a lot of closets but they were small. It had three bedrooms. The smallest was in the middle. My room and my sisters room was at the end of the hall. My brothers room was at the front by the stairs. There was no doors to any of the rooms.

Okay so it all started when I was up in my room and I was the only one upstairs. My sister and brothers wee downstairs watching a movie with my mom and dad. I was sitting there when out of the corner of my eye I saw something standing there watching me. My heart started to pound. And I was sweating. I looked over there again but it was gone. I stared in that spot for a while but nothing came. I ran downstairs and told my mom and dad but they were to busy watching the movie.

After a while I forgot about the figure. But it all started up again when I was downstairs getting a drink. It was close to midnight and I was trying to be very quiet. When I was done getting my drink I headed upstairs and when I reached the top of the steps I turned towards my bedroom and there was a girl standing there watching me. She had brown curly hair and was wearing a white dress that went down to her knees. I just stood there. At first I thought it was my sister but my sister does not wear or have and white dresses and she doesn't have curly hair. I closed my eyes and she was gone. I hurried into my room and couldn't get to sleep after what just happened.

After that I never saw her again. But I have been encountering some bangs upstairs and knocks on the walls. My baby brother hates going upstairs and when he does he stays away from my room most of the time and it scares me. I hate seeing my little brother scared.

I hope that someday all of this stuff would stop. I am glad that I am moving. And hopefully never coming back here... Again.

Other hauntings by toriT22

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, toriT22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

toriT22 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
By the way, Audrone, I told my parents but they said it was just my eyes messing with me.:) Parents are parents what do you expect?:D
toriT22 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Thank you guys for all of this advice.:) I just want to let you know I moved a month after that! I don't know the people who moved into that building but they might be encountering what I was encountering, along with my family. My family, parents, my younger siblings, actually thought it was haunted and my 9 year old sister doesn't believe in ghosts. So ya. She never believed me until something happened to her but she refuses to tell me still. My dad doesn't believe in ghosts and he told me he had some very strange experiences. So ya:) thank you guys so much!
Audrone (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Honestly, I don't understand how your parents could blow this off and continue to watch their movie. I would have immediately thought it might be an intruder. As unlikely as that would be, I would check just to make sure. Have you told your parents about other sitings in the past?
TaylorSwiftSnuggle (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
happens. It might be some kind of illusion. Maybe you were too tired or something, it's just unbelieving.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
This doesn't seem too bad, or anything to be really concerned about. I think that these Spirits are just revealing themselves to you and letting their presence be known. If the activity starts to be more dangerous or scary for you, then you can let us know.
This sounds very much like my own experiences.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Jimmiejam (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
It seems that these figures that were watching you have either stopped altogether, or are more hidden than before because they scared you and that wasn't thier intention (hence them still making noises but not being visible).

This is a good sign that these entities are not out to scare or even harm you in any way, because if they were then they would have thrived off of the fear and appeared more often.

They probably just wanted to make themselves known and ask for help of some sort that you may be able to provide them.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Not all ghosts are bad (they aren't all good either, just like there are both good and bad living people). Some ghosts don't even realize that they're not alive, they don't understand it. Children I think are even more apt to not understand it. And like living children, they just want someone to notice them and pay attention to them. Next time something like this happens, try making conversation just as if you were talking to one of your friends or family members.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: