You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow That Followed Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow That Followed Me

 

This, Is my first experience. I am not one to believe in the paranormal or supernatural.

Ok, so this started about 3 months ago in my parents holiday home. I was sitting by the lake with three of my friends (Jessica, Emily and Amy) Amy and I where sitting on the side of the lake with our legs in while Jessica and Emily were swimming. "HEY! HEY YOU STOP LOOKING AT US!" screamed Emily at a dark shadow standing on the other side of the lake. I just looked at Amy and we ran, Emily and Jessica not to far behind us. When we arrived back at the house we all sat down. "What do you think it was?" asked Amy looking quite pale. "It was probably just the land lord trying to tell you guys not to swim in the lake," I said laughing slightly.

Let me tell you the lay out of the holiday house so you don't get confused, Upstairs: when you go up the stairs straight ahead is a door leading to the attic, when you turn right and go straight down to your left is two rooms and to your right is a master bedroom and a family bathroom. Down stairs: As soon as you go straight in the door to your right is the stairs and then all around the stairs is the living room, if you walk through the double doors you will go into the kitchen and dinning room.

My friends and I watched a movie when we decided to call it a night. I told them I would lock up, after locking the front and back door and switching off the lights I headed for the stairs. Just as I was about to walk up I felt a presence and the lights turned on. "Ha ha very funny stop messing you guys," I said thinking it was my friends. I got no response. I shrugged it off and got half way up the stairs when I heard something fall in the darkness of the sitting room and kitchen. "Taylor?" I called out thinking it was my dog but I remembered that she was in the master bed room.

I walked down stairs and saw my brothers picture on the ground, the frame smashed. "Oh, it must have got knocked over by the air coming out of the vent." I thought trying not to freak out. I placed the picture on the table, switched off the lights and headed upstairs.

I climbed into the comfy bed and lie there, but I felt on edge about the walk-in wardrobe. I got the nerve to switch on the light in there but as I was about to climb out of the bed I saw the dark shadow (the one we saw at the lake) standing at the entrance of the wardrobe. "A-Amy? Emily? Jessica?" I asked hoping to hear their laughter and saying it was them playing a trick, but I got no response. I hid under the blankets until morning and refuse to go into the room alone.

I would like to know why the shadow was in the wardrobe and at the lake where I was. Could it be a past relative? Please help best regards - Aoife

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aoife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-01)
Well, both really. At the lake it felt intimidating as if he was forcing us away from a free life and to lure us or me back to the house. And in the house mainly down stairs it felt treatning to me like it was my fault he/it died
ShadowMan156 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
Does this shadow man's presence feel intimidating or threatening?
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I am really great full for all the comments, the medium came to the house, I just told her it was a shadow and that it was at the lake and in the wardrobe she looked around and must have saw the smashed frame on my brothers picture. Thanks for your help and advice once again.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Could the shadow be your brother? Possibly. Did you get a sense of it being male? The fact that your brother's picture was "on the ground, the frame smashed," seems to point in that direction.
But let me ask you about this medium - what information did you give her/him before they came up with it being your brother? And were they 'helping' you for money?
I am sorry for your loss, I know how hard that can be.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Hello and thanks for posting. It is hard to know how to proceed in this situation. I agree with allesgute154 that we need more info. I will point out that due to the way the story is written, it reads like a mini short script for a Halloween special! I'm not saying it didn't happen. That may just be a gift you possess with voice in writing. So if you get other questions about the validity of your claim, you can chock it up to that. I do have a couple questions for you to get more info on your haunting. When you were in your bed, where were your friends? Anytime I had a group over for the night, we always crashed in the same place... When I was younger anyway. Also, have you seen it again or has anything else happened or was it just that one time? Thanks for your post again!
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Valkricry, my brother passed away in 2010 and I went to a medium she said it was him, I just wasn't to sure. He always said he would prove to me that spirits are real, could it be him?

Allesgute154, Ok thank you for your advise once again x
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
aoife,
I would like to ask you if you are still experiencing that shadow, or if those were the only experiences? Based on that answer we can begin to construct the best way to proceed in advising you.
You ask if this is a past relative. That would be an infinatly hard call to make based on the information we have. It could just as easily be a passing spirit who was intrigued by you girls and came to pay a call.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
You're welcome aiofe. Try and avoid going near deserted spots, under trees, near water bodies after sunset. Also, please never ever leave your hair open when you go out in the evenings and especially under a tree. My granny used to tell me that's a sure-shot invitation to a demonic/spirit possession. Sorry for the long set of instructions. Stay safe. God bless.
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Thank you allesgute154 I appreciate your point of view and will cleanse my home - Aoife x
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Maybe your presence at the lake triggered something. In India, people believe water bodies are a haunt for spirits. They are called 'jal pisach' or 'water spirits'. Try some cleansing at home, like Rook's standard procedure. I'm sure Rookdygin would love to guide you on this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: