You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Lady That Faded Into The Darkness

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady That Faded Into The Darkness

 

I have had a few experiences that I would like to share. The first experience I had with a spirit, or ghost, I was about 11 years old. This was around the time that an aunt of mine passed away in a car accident. I will get to that part in a bit.

Well, I was laying in my bed one night. I seen this figure come towards me. This was a person that had jeans and white sneakers on. I could not see a face. It just kept walking towards the foot of my bed. I called my mother about three times. Right before my mother got into the room, it vanished. It vanished right before it got to the foot of my bed.

I was very terrified. My mother came into the room and wondered what I was screaming for.

Afterward, my mother and father looked inside closets, under beds, and searched the entire house. Needless to say that, it was a figment of my imagination" according to them that night.

I found out about three days later, that my aunt died, "the other night," is what I was told. Now that I think about it, this aunt used to wear blue jeans and white sneakers. I sometimes wonder if this could have been her. I did not see her face, and still am not sure what to believe as far as ghosts, and the spirit world is concerned. I am not really educated on this. I have read different beliefs, but still do not know what to think.

I have reminded my mother of this experience just recently as a matter of fact. She does not remember it happening. However, her eyes welled up with tears a little for some reason.

Let me know what you think, and/or if you have had a similar experience.

Jennyjenn

Other hauntings by jennyjenn7932

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennyjenn7932, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jessica1998 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
It is possible that your aunt wanted to say goodbye, or to let you know that she is okay.
What was your relationship like with your aunt?
Have you seen her since?
And when was the last time you saw her before she died?
I have had a similar experience, though it's a little different.
My dad's parents died a few months apart when I was 7 years old. My step-grandma died of an unknown cause, and my granddad died two months later due to kidney and liver failure, and lung cancer because of his consistent smoking and drinking.
After that, I could smell smoke and alcohol a lot with no valid explanation. No one else in my family smokes or drinks so there's no way it could be them. I still believe that it was my granddad as he died quite suddenly because his cancer went undetected. He was quite close to me and never got to say goodbye, and I still sometimes smell the smoke and booze quite strongly. Maybe our situation is similar - I hope this helped.
But, above all, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you and the rest of your family are doing okay.:) ❤
jennyjenn7932 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
lady-glow, it is possible that my aunt was trying to get my attention. This would be refreshing! My mother is not really too emotional, which surprised me when she teared up.

Battlescars, I think I was close to my aunt (she was not blood), and no, this has not happened with her since then: (
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Welcome to YGS.
I think it was your aunt trying to get your attention or/and saying good-bye.

And I'm sure your mother gets sad every time she thinks about her -sister?
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Were you close with your Aunt? I believe that your Aunt may have been passing by, she may have tried given you a message...

Has anything happened since then?

BattleScars <3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: