You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: I Saw A Black Shadow Moving Into The Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw A Black Shadow Moving Into The Living Room

 

I can't precisely remember the date it occurred, But I was alone in our house on a summer's night. I was stargazing in our backyard. After that I went back inside the house to my room and had left the door open for some fresh and cool air to come in.

After about 3 hours of being in my room I forgot I left the door open and thought it was time to close it because it was late in the night already. I went down the stairs, around the corner of the hallway (our hallway lights are broken) and I saw that I had left the second door open as well that leads into our kitchen. Now when I looked at that second door I saw a black figure about 60cm in height move like it was scared by me around the second kitchen door into the living room. And while I saw this moving I actually ''heard'' it moving, like footsteps and dragging over a wooden floor.

Now I thought this was my cat that was eating (as he is always scared of anyone) and running back to his spot in the living room. I turned on the lights and saw the cat was asleep. I really was not scared at this point because maybe its the neighbor's cat that came in (as I had left the door to the backyard open) however I could not see any cat or animal in the living room. I turned back into the kitchen. And when I wanted to close the backyard door, the lights flickered on and off for about 3 times (this has never happened ever before)

I seriously left the lights on, ran straight back up to my room and locked myself in there until my parents arrived from a night shift.

Now my mother does believe in ghosts and she has noticed some strange events in the living room like the radio turning louder and back.

And a boy sitting on the staircase.

I still can't tell if I believe in ghosts or not but I do always look twice anywhere if I'm home alone.

I would like to ask any of the readers to possibly have an explanation what was in the house that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paul16mj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

paul16mj (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-25)
Thank you for the replies!

Now, This shadow did not apear to have any features at all. It was just a low black blob moving into the living room.

However, I did not notice anything afterwards realy. It was just that night I ever saw something like that. And it never gave us any trouble. However, my mother and my sister have been seeing a ''man'' standing in the corner at the front door.

My mother has a friend who believes in spirits and paranormal beings, He came over and visited our house. The moment he stept in he said he saw the ''man'' also. But I have never seen it before.

Now it could be that the shadow I saw was this ''man'' exploring the house?:)

Paul
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-23)
Not all shadow beings are adult human shaped and not all are evil. I own a paranormal investigation team, and we have come across some that are deceased relatives of the people involved. Definitely not evil. My understanding from our team member who is most spiritually sensitive is that human spirits have different types and levels of energy, so they manifest in different ways - mist, shadow person, glowing orb (umm...my mother-in-law seen by my daughter as a pink glowing orb hanging over the bed I share with my husband, definitely awkward!), see-through spirit, full-color apparition. These are OUR experiences. Everyone has different experiences and different opinions and beliefs.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-22)
[at] Soulette, I have seen shadow people before and they never hurt me. Not everyone agrees that shadow people are nonhuman. Some theories are that they can be humans who have passed that haven't fully manifested their form. I am sure some could be negative though. But I do agree that one should cleanse their home. Keep the energy positive and clean:)
soulette (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-22)
Was it completely black with no visible features? I suggest researching on "shadow people". Shadow people have never been human and are usually very evil entities that can cause a lot of negative energy to expell into wherever it "lives". I also suggest contacting a witch or a medium to aid you in a cleansing if you continue to see this shadow and have any other paranormal activity going on in your house, especially if it causes you and your family trouble.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: