You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Part 1

 

This story is completely true. I wouldn't be posting it if it wasn't. All my stories take place at one house. I've lived in it most of my life and I've always been hearing things and even seeing them sometimes.

Before I start telling the story I feel like I should give a tour. When you come in through the front door, the first thing you see is this big staircase on your left and on your right is the first living room. If you walk a little further, you will find yourself in the dining room. Right next door is the family room and the room next to it is the kitchen. So we covered the important parts of the first floor. But when you walk up the stairs you'll find yourself in a long hall. On one side is the master bedroom, on the other was the two remaining bedrooms. It was quite a walk from one side of the hall to the other. Now that you kind of know how the house looks like (sort of), let's start the story.

So this took place about 2-3 years ago. My family and I were in the kitchen eating dinner. (We had a table in the dining room and kitchen, but we used the dining room for guests and ate at the kitchen table). We were just sitting and talking, you know, just some family time. Then I heard somebody run down the stairs as if to join us for dinner. Now, if it was some sort of cat (which we had no pets at the time) it would've been a much more lighter sound (I know because we got a cat couple months after that). But this was something different, much more heavier. Like the weight of a 10 year old (it sounded like). And the scary part is, this thing running downstairs sounded 4 legged. Now I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying what I heard.

I thought it was all in my head and I was the only one who heard it, but then I looked at my siblings. They were all staring towards where the stairs are (you can't see the stairs from the kitchen but you can definitely hear when someone is running down or up). I thought it was someone from the family but they were all there next to me. "Did you hear that?" I asked. They replied "Yes". "What did you hear" I asked after a few minutes still in shock. They replied, "Someone running downstairs". I don't know what that was and I convinced myself that it was just an old house and the stairs are creaky and it could have been anything. But a short time after that I started hearing more things. It wasn't just me, it was my family too.

One night it was only me and my mom at home. I was on the couch watching TV and then my mom came over to me. When she saw me she was surprised. "I thought you were upstairs, I remember she said. "No, I was here watching TV the whole time," I had replied. Then she said something that triggered my fright somehow that I couldn't go upstairs by myself for a while. She said, "Then who did I just see upstairs?"

Later that night my dad came from work and he's not scared of anything. I asked him to go and close the windows upstairs because I was too scared to do it. He went, and a couple minutes after he went upstairs, I went knowing that if he's there, then I'm safe. When I came up I tried to find my dad. "Dad"? "Yes?" I had heard from my parents room (master bedroom). I went into my room and to my surprise I saw him in there closing my window. "Hey, didn't know you went upstairs. I'll be in the office." He kissed me on the forehead and went into the office. I was just standing there in shock. This was somehow connected. My mom saw someone upstairs and then I heard my "dad" in my parents' room.

Then occasionally my mom would tell me stories that she would hear footsteps every now and then when me and my siblings were at school and my dad was at work. I heard them sometimes too.

I don't know what those sounds are, but I am starting to believe that my family wasn't alone in that house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Strange_Things, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Strange_Things (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Shlain,

So glad you liked my story! Every time I would hear or see something I would feel really cold almost immediately even if its about 100 degrees outside. I don't know if its trying to hurt me but I think it wants us to know its there.
And yes I did get a cat and things definitely happened. If you want to read about it. I will be uploading Haunted House Part 2 very soon.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
I am waiting to here the answers to both Shlain and BattleScars' questions. After that I will make the comments. The reason is it could be a residual or an intelligent haunting and we can't give our opinions (advise) without knowing the answers to the questions already mentioned.

Hope to hear back from you and stay safe.
foodforever (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
i think you should move out I had a house like that before my family lived in it for 20 years and they saw a lot of things and now we moved out it's better do it 😕 😕 😕
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
wow great story can't wait for more info. Did you try studing the house? Maybe the land? Loved it can't wait for more. Hope to hear from you soon and take care
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
I look forward to hearing more parts to this story! How spooky! Thanks for sharing!
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Question Time!

1. How old is the house?
2. Have you lived there long?
3. Do you hear the "thing" running down your stairs all the time or does it only happen at a specific time?
4. Has your siblings heard or seen anything like you and your mother.

Stay safe and best of luck!

BattleScars
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Strange_Things,

Sound like the place is definitely haunted. I know how you feel regarding the stairs and the voice mimicking your Dad. It happened to me too. Sounds intelligent and gutsy like it doesn't care who hears/sees it. How does this make you feel? Do you feel malice from it like it wants to hurt you?

You say you got a cat? How did the animal react in the house?

This is a great story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: