You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Encounters In Gettysburg Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Encounters In Gettysburg Part 2

 

During our second night in Gettysburg, I met with my brother and sister and together we strolled through the fields to occupy some time before another tour. Our second tour lasted for about three hours, in which we were informed of a few encounters past tourists claimed they allegedly experienced. One included a cocky tourist who spent a night at the renowned Farnsworth House and was confronted by the spirits of two Confederate soldiers he at first mistook for reenactors playing a practical joke.

We met another tourist visiting from Niagara Falls, New York and we began conversing about cultural differences as well as debunking amusing Canadian stereotypes. Particularly the excessive use of the expression "eh" and the mispronunciation of about (aboot). The tourist began taking pictures as we wandered around the fields. The shots on her digital camera depicted the image of what appeared to be four distorted orbs arranged in sort of a diamond shape.

Of course, being incredibly superstitious at the time, I immediately interpreted these images as the result of paranormal activity. Residual energy from spirits of those long since departed. The sight of orbs is reportedly a common occurrence among paranormal enthusiasts who explore such historic landmarks. To this day, I still feel an outstanding sense of awe when reminiscing about these events.

Are these orbs truly the leftover energy from the tens of thousands of unfortunate souls, who even to this day, have yet to find peace? Or are they completely natural occurrences which can be explained using logic and rational thought?

Other hauntings by GingerRead

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GingerRead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lenape_Woman68 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-09)
I think the orbs are the spirits of the soldiers who died there so long ago. I've read that some believe that because they died so suddenly/violently, the soldiers don't realize that they are dead.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-23)
Hi GingerRead

I'd like to believe that orbs are residual spirits maybe trying to communicate with us or get out attention to help them move on, I really do believe that there's so much more that we don't fully understand.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: