You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Just Some Of My Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Just Some Of My Experiences

 

A few years ago when I was about 15, I came home from school and my mum and her boyfriend were still at work so I was home alone. I always enjoyed being alone despite the uncomfortable feeling I sometimes got; like I was being watched or as if I wasn't the only one in there house.

I was tidying my bedroom as I was having a friend round that night. I put everything on my shelf in order and went to tidy the desk at the opposite side of the room when I felt something hit the back of my leg. When I looked around, I saw my straighteners on the floor behind me. I put them back on the shelf, brushing it off because I figured my foot had caught the wire and pulled them off the shelf. I carried on tiding my desk when I felt something hit my back. This time it was harder and it hurt. When I looked on the floor, there was my bottle of moisturizer on the floor. I put it back on the shelf, again brushing it off and carried on cleaning. I finished tidying my room and I looked around to find everything on my shelf scattered on the floor, but the thing was I didn't hear any of it drop at all and I had laminate flooring at the time so it would have made a lot of noise. That freaked me out a lot, so I just went downstairs but by time I got into the living room my dog was at my feet barking and growling at the corner behind me. Of course there was nothing there but I was now scared enough to go sit out in the garden in the rain for an hour until my mum got home. As you can imagine she didn't believe me and thought I was pulling her leg.

This one isn't so much as a ghost experience as much as it is extremely strange. But one time when I was staying at a friend's house because my mum and her boyfriend had gone away for the night for my mum's birthday. I quickly nipped home with my two friends to grab my things (I had my key). I shot upstairs, got my things and as I was coming out of my bedroom I caught a glimpse of a black towel folded up and hung over the edge of the sink in the bathroom. I didn't look at it again, thinking it just my eyes playing tricks on me. I wouldn't have found it strange except we had no black towels at all. My mum always liked having white ones and we'd never had black towels in the past either. I carried on downstairs and my friend asked to go to the bathroom. Of course I let her, but when she came downstairs she asked where we got our towels from. Now that to me was a strange question to ask someone, so I asked why and she said she had never seen anyone with black towels before. I told her that we didn't have black towels and she was convinced I was trying to scare her. So we went back upstairs and sure enough there was no black towels or any dark coloured towels anywhere. After that she wanted to leave very quickly. It always confuses me when I remember this or whenever it gets brought up in conversation with the same two friends. I just never understood, why a black towel? Just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Another time was when I was upstairs in my room again, just listening to music as I usually did but I suddenly got this really bad feeling like I was being watched. I got up, turned off my music and went to sit downstairs with my mum and her boyfriend. About 5 minutes later my mum got up to go to the bathroom and when she came down she said it was really cold upstairs and that the heating must have gone off, which was strange because it was really warm when I was up there like 10 minutes before. Anyway we were sitting there watching tele when there was a big almighty bang from above. We all jumped up thinking someone was either trying to break in, as it was late, or that something had happened outside. We looked out of the window, nothing. No one was outside, so we went to check upstairs and this was when my mum started believing me when I told her there was something else in the house. When we got upstairs every drawer had being pulled out and every door was wide open and the bang we had heard was my mum's chest of drawers falling over because the weight of all the drawers being pulled right out had made it tipple over. After that my mum and her boyfriend started believing me and started experiencing the strange things too.

The scariest for me though was when I just got into bed to read and I'd left the computer on at the switch and it was making a buzzing noise and as I was about to get out of bed to switch it off, I looked to the side of me and there, as clear as day, was a little girl about 6 or 7 with long blonde hair and an old nightgown that was long and way too old fashioned for 2012. I wasn't actually scared of her at the time because I just felt shock and for some reason really sad but I didn't know why. Then after about 2 minutes she was gone, she literally just disappeared into thin air. That's when the fear kicked in and I screamed the house down.

But that wasn't the last I saw of her. One time when me, my mum, her boyfriend and my mum's best friend were all sat watching Forest Gump (one of my favourite all time films) when the tele just switched off but the thing was when we we looked at each other then looked back at the tele there was a reflection of the little girl stood right in the middle of the room. And then like it never happened, the tele was back on in a matter of seconds. We were all freaked out of course and my mum's boyfriend tried telling us it was our imagination but is it possible for us all to have imagined the exact same thing? I personally don't think so and I had already seen the same little girl before. No one could have sat on the remote either as it was on the TV stand.

After that night, my mum and I started to do some research on the house and found out that apparently there was a big house that was used as some sort of care facility but set on fire in the late 1800's and burnt down and killed 7 people. But I don't know if that is entirely true or not.

Other hauntings by pixiedust95

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pixiedust95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HelvaTPB (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Sounds almost like a couple of different beings. The girl seems lost and lonely, but shouldn't be able to make that large a mess in that small a time.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-11)
Interesting point about things getting worse at certain times of the year. I'm waiting to see another appearance of a sighting where I live, which occurred 2 years ago on Jan 25th. So I'm waiting for that date, although the time of the appearance was early morning, but I don't know exactly when.
dwelly (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Something you can try is asking the spirits to leave you alone and/or leave the house. Some spirits don't realize that their activity is bothersome or scary for the living. Letting them know that you're afraid might cause the activity to decrease. Most spirits aren't out to get you. They typically just want to make their presence known.

However, if the spirit is malevolent, this might make the activity increase or get worse. Still, this is a good way to see the true nature of the spirit. If the spirit wants to do you harm, it's better to find out sooner rather than later. Based on what you've mentioned, it sounds like the spirit in your house is a little girl who likes to play tricks on your family. Just let her know, possibly with your entire household present, that her jokes aren't appreciated and ask her nicely to stop:)

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
pixiedust95 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
No, they haven't gone, although there is less activity around my house now. It usually gets worse around this time of year though which is strange. My mum is also experiencing more activity too. We've thought about having the house blessed but since we aren't at all religious we didn't know if it would have any effect and my mum doesn't want to make it worse. She said that they are not doing any harm and so to leave 'it' or 'them' be.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
Hi 'pixiedust95', great retelling of your experiences. These events seem like classic poltergeist activity. This happens most frequently with teenagers.

Good idea to check the history of the house, that was something I would have suggested but you seemed like you were already onto that.

Now that you are older, have these experiences completely gone?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: