You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Something Else

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Something Else

 

I'd like to share my story on this page as it puzzles and scares me until today, and is very real in my mind. I would appreciate any helpful comments on what it could mean.

I'm a mother of three. I was sleeping on a mattress in my children's bedroom. They were unwell and it was easier to attend to them if I slept in their room.

It started with a clear vision of an unidentified man sitting behind my pillow. He was seated cross-legged on the floor behind me. I had the most amazing feeling of my hair being caressed and straightened backwards on the pillow, gently moved away from my face and neck as if I was getting a head massage. It was very relaxing and soothing.

Then suddenly it's as if the guy clamped my hair down, I could not move. I think it was like he was reading something, while holding my hair in a vice like grip. I could not move an inch, there was a feeling of being completely trapped. I tried desperately to speak but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I felt an intense struggle inside me. I could not move or speak. I felt extreme panic and could feel myself crying. It was by far the most horrifying feeling I have ever experienced.

In desperation I was trying to say any prayers I could remember. There was a feeling of utter confusion. I could not remember the prayers clearly, I felt desperate and trapped.

Suddenly I heard one of my babies voice very loud and clear calling out to me, that shook me awake. When I finally sat up, my pillow was soaked with tears and my heart was pounding in my mouth. Funnily, both my toddlers were fast asleep, but I am certain that it was one of them that woke me up.

If any one has any idea what was happening to me, please do share. The whole event is so vivid and clear in my mind that, I can't believe it was a dream or a nightmare.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, symphony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Yes some years back around HGF Hungry ghost Fest, I had this sort of experience. Luckily I was wearing my virgin Mary medal, felt a presence bounce off it. I'm very careful, have not been disrespectful to chinese shrines and piles of paper money. A long haired lady was glaring at me Omg! When I told my mother she said maybe it was my granny visiting. And I had another dream experience too, but too short to post to this site
ashleymp (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
I have had a similar experience. This is sometimes referred to as a "Witches ride". Some believe that when you are living your life wrong the demons in your life will try to enter you if they think you are weak enough. With you remembering this occurrence though means you were not weak enough for it to enter. Other studies say this is the result of not getting enough sleep. I say get a doctor to run tests on your sleeping patterns if this ever happens again. Best of luck.
HelvaTPB (7 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Just to rule out anything physical, I'd see a doctor and a sleep specialist. There are sleep disorders that can cause those dreams and sensations and the sleep disorders can be fatal.
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
I've had loads of these experiences. My first was when I was 11. I was so freaked out. I saw a shadow behind my father (I had a cot in their room because our house would freak me out, it was haunted and I had always had weird experiences there). I was so scared I covered my head. The next thing I knew was I was being choked. There was a heavy weight on my chest and someone was throttling my neck. I couldn't move. When I could move again I sat up in bed and I saw the shadow again. Yes, I was awake, completely awake. I was awake all the times it happened. I suffered like this for twenty two years, until I moved out of the place. I couldn't sleep at night out of fear. I was always ill. I read up on sleep paralysis and I also read up on shadow people. I was more inclined to go with the shadow people because I was awake when I experienced all this. I'm so glad I don't have this any longer.
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I for one find this story fascinating. Please write more if something happens again.
Melodies_Of_Roses (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
something like that happened to me too. Well actually 3 times now that I'm aware of. The first was like yours I was trying to cry but I couldn't I was awake though not even my dog seemed to notice. The second I just let it happens and he showed me things in my dreams. The last I remember him behind me, talking to me. I woke up sitting upright and straring at the wall... I'll post my full stories later. I don't think they want to hurt us cause he seems to try and protect me and warn me in dreams these days but one wrong move and they will hurt us. I know cause it's what he told me... I'll post my full stories a bit later. I still do see him in my dreams alot
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
symphony, yes I agree with the others. It sounds like sleep paralyses. Maybe the stress' in your life could be the cause. Your babies being unwell, does tend to cause stress in us mothers. I have very vivid dreams, when something is coming up. Try to use a little sleep aid, and meditation will help a bunch.
jeannettemahone (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Something similar happened to my grandpa.
My grandpa had cheated on my grandma in his early years with HER siter, my grandma found out. Anyways, 18 years later or so, one day my grandma thought she was living a hell on this planet. She died on her birthday, the last time I saw her was the day she died. I was walking through the hallway, I saw her laying in bed (I didn't know she was dead) I went to the living room. Shortly after. I saw people comming in and out of the house. (my family) anyways. After she died, my grandpa woke up one night saying she was chocking him and he couldn't breath either could do anything. He sleeps in the room she died in... ANYWAYS, your story was really scary!
😨
symphony (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Thanks guys! I appreciate your input, Come to think of it there were several of these incidents around the same time, the one I described being the last and the most horrific, also very vivid. I haven't had one after that, so hopefully done with it, whatever it was.
siberia (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
This is clearly sleep paralysis. I've had the same experience before, a couple of it actually. And I hear you, they were utterly horrifying.

My first one was when I was about 18-years old. I was sleeping in my room alone and woke up unable to move, then I see this two human figures standing at the foot of my bed. They didn't have any kind of facial features, they were just plain black, but I knew they were looking at me. I was struggling to move, eventually I got really tired and went back to sleep.

I'm 21 now and have had a several sleep paralysis experiences. You never really get used to it, but in my case, I learned how to control and react to it. So don't worry, it happens to a lot of people.
RACER1st (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
I've heard a similar story before but in the one I heard a black figured woman came beside this witnesses bed and just stood there the witness reported that she was unable to move nor scream for her mother after what she said felt like half hour the figure disappeared and the witness was released from this state and let out a scream to witch her mother came. You say you where asleep at the time and the figure was a male or seemed to be and that it had touched your hair soothingly but then became rough it could be a link to someones past that you caught a glimpse of through strong energy a story of a man who seemed nice but became violent but id say that's going to far could this be just a dream or night terror?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: