You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Childhood 'imaginary' Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood 'imaginary' Friend

 

When I was younger, from when I was 4 until I was almost 6 years old, I had an imaginary friend, or what my family thought was imaginary anyway. She was there all the time, and never caused me any harm or made me do anything wrong. I don't really remember what she looked like but I do remember that she was nice to me and always made me feel safe no matter what.

I recall her being the same age as me, if not older, but I never blamed anything I did wrong at home on her because I didn't want her to leave. Which my parents did find strange as they thought usually that's what kids did, blamed things on an imaginary friend so they didn't get into trouble but that wasn't the case with me.

This I do not remember personally but my grandma told me this a few years ago when I was about 14/15 when we were having a family meal, something we did often and still do. I think it was my older cousin who brought it up since I'm the youngest in my family. They remember it but I don't. Anyway my gran told me, much to my mum's disapproval, but if my grandma thought I needed to know then my mum wouldn't object.

One day when I was at my grandma's house, we were looking through my gran's and grandad's photographs with my gran, my mum, my aunt and my 3 cousins when I picked out a photo and put it to one side. My gran said they thought it was odd but didn't mention it. I did this with several photos until my grandma asked me why I was doing that and I told them it was because Victoria was in the pictures. They thought I was just being silly until I showed it to my grandad, who was shocked because it was his mum's (my great grandma) sister who died when she was young and her name was Victoria. My mum freaked out of course, but my grandad told me she was my guardian angel and I had nothing to be afraid of. To which I replied, "I know, Grandad, and she doesn't frighten me, she watches over us all. They both do." But I would not tell them who I meant by "both" of them, and I don't remember now.

I don't ever remember seeing her after that. I might have done but I don't remember and I can't recall the last time I saw her either. But I like to think she was there to keep watch over me and my family and to keep us safe.

Other hauntings by pixiedust95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pixiedust95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Querent (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
May I suggest DNA memory regression could be a factor? When I used to creative write I would accidentally get names of relatives I hadn't yet met.
strayx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Great post it's calming to know that someone from your family is keeping watch over all of you! I never had an imaginary friend but I was always looking behind me when I walked to another room.
JennaK (6 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Great story, what a lovely experience it would be! It's always great to know our loved ones may be gone but they still manage to take care of us!
12daydreamer97 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
Hi pixiedust95 - I can relate to your story easily, although my own guardian angels are still physically with me even as I type this. I believe I have two guardians, my real guardian -whom I know by the name he sent to me during medtation - and the spirit of my dear uncle who was killed in a road accident when he was eight. Our birthdays are just two days apart. Johnny (my uncle) often wakes me in the morning when I have overslept or comes into my room at night when I am sad. I can't see him when, but I can feel his presence and know from experience we have a special connection. I speak and I can feel his emotions through my own. I once sang happy birthday to him on his special day and could feel myself well up with tears of happiness. I feel so lucky to have had him as my best friend all these years.
pixiedust95 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
Thank you for all your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
That was the kind I love to read. Yup, relatives are precious. Thankyou for a sweet story.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
Pixiedust95 - thanks for the story. I often read about others' experiences with "imaginary" friends and often try to remember if I ever had one, but I didn't hehe. Do you still have any of those pictures? If so, can you upload some? I'm sure we would all appreciate it very much! Thanks again- notjustme
godhatesfigs (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
I also enjoyed this story. I have one of my own that I would love to publish on this site, however, the site is currently not accepting submissions.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
pixiedust95, This is an interesting story. Both meaning maybe, your great aunt Victoria and your imaginary friend. She could have came in child form, to protect you from being to overwhelmed by an older lady coming around you. Family members tend to do so,often. I am a witness to many encounters. I enjoyed readingt this

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: