You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Thing In My Yard

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing In My Yard

 

It has been a long time since this happened when I was 11 years old and I am still not too sure of what that thing was.

Okay, so I walked back into my bedroom after watching some 'Monsters and Mysteries' downstairs (Highway 666 for those of you who have seen it) and I am always extremely paranoid but tonight was different. I was eager to watch some 'Hetalia' and had settled down on my bed when I noticed something outside in my backyard.

There were footprints on the snow which I found strange because me and my siblings hadn't gone into the backyard to sled or whatever since my mom passed away. The frontyard is also way better for sledding. But they weren't dog prints so it could not have been my dog, Anja.

I was pretty much frozen to my spot, all those horror movies I've seen getting to my head and making me think that the Grudge was going to kill me or something. It took all of my power to look where the tracks ended. I saw something going into the trees between my house and my neighbor's house. All I could see was that it was tall and stick thin with a human-shaped head and three really long fingers on each hand.

I have never gone hiking anywhere near those trees in fear of figuring out what that thing was. I really have no idea who, or what, the thing was.

I really do not ever want to find out what that thing was. I'm still terrified that I could see it again. Also, I think I may have spotted this creature's silhouette when I was in Colorado last year telling the kids scary stories in the mess hall.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gemini_syndrome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lynrinth (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Wow. Didn't know the Slender Man was fictional. I haven't read up on paranormal stuff for a long time. I come to this site when I have time.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Hi gemini_syndrome, could this not have been a person you saw? The footprints of perhaps someone who was up to no good, and the figure you saw in the woods could have been them hiding from you after you disturbed them.

I used to have a lot of trees outside my childhood bedroom window which formed all sorts of fearsome shapes in the night-time light. He/she could have been hiding from you, you saw their silhouette but with them hiding in the trees, the branched could have made it look tall & thin, with long fingers.
3nj0y (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Just goes to show that there are things out there which we will never understand as human beings!. Creepy story:D!.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Rook - when I read the story my mind was going toward alien (not familiar or like anything I've ever known) 😕. Needless to say, lynrinth's idea of it being Slender Man surprised me.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
Is your house close to any forest or wood by any chance?
You could have seen a bear, if it is so.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Please, PLEASE tell me you are not thinking of the SLENDER MAN...

If so I must warn you that 'HE' was created for a contest and the fictional back story used has somehow made it into Paranormal Culture as 'fact' when the truth is it was manufactured for a contest. Please visit the 'Something Awful forums' and look it up yourself.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
It could be your imagination working overtime from watching a scary program. It sounds like the figure you saw reminds me of the Thin Man. I think he is a dark figue that has appeared all around the world and... I don't know remember the rest. Well, you got a good scare, or two, and survived to tell the tale. Cool.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: