You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Family Ghost? Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Family Ghost? Part 1

 

When my grandfather was a boy growing up in Fiji in the mid-late 1950's, he and his siblings experienced some strange occurrences on our family land. They lived in a 1 storey house on the estate and every day they had to go down to the river to get buckets of fresh water. Every now and then my grandpa would hear these odd slurping noises coming from the kitchen area which were keeping him awake at night, he'd try to convince his older brothers to go see what the sound was, but they were already sleeping and just told him to ignore it or go away.

So one night he plucked up the courage to go see what it was, he told me that hunched over one of the buckets on the kitchen bench was the shadowy figure of a small child so dark it was practically black - in fact, all he could really see of it was the whites of it's eyes and teeth. It stopped drinking, looked at him, smiled and ran off. He told me he followed it outside just in time to see it scurry under the house so, he got on his hands and knees and crawled after it, but once he was there it had disappeared. He said he was under there for a while lifting up chickens looking for this thing, but it was gone.

But that was not the last time he would see it.

A couple of nights later he was drifting off to sleep and looking at the big tree just outside his window when he noticed something on one of the branches moving in an unnatural way. His eyes strained in the darkness trying to make out what it was when he realised it was the thing! The small figure from the other night. He darted out of bed and into his parents room in such a panic they could barely make sense of his words. That continued for weeks he told me so, eventually his parents were forced to move one of his brothers into his room in hopes to ease his "imagination".

It worked... For a little while.

One night as he was on the brink of sleep he heard his little brother call out to him, he rolled over to see him, eyes wide and frozen just staring out the window. He followed his gaze up the tree and right to the little dark figure sitting on the branch just looking down at them with such a big white smile it almost took up half it's face. They stayed awake that night, afraid to move, just looking back at the black figure and it's glowing white teeth and eyes. The following morning they begged their parents and siblings to believe them, but they just assumed it was a nightmare.

As my grandpa and his brother got ready for bed that night they decided to sleep in the same bed because they were both so scared. He told me he awoke to his younger brother shaking his arm and calling his name again, but when he looked up, the black figure had moved closer to the window. Unblinking and still smiling down at them, it dived off the branch, into their window, coming right for them. It engulfed them and the room in complete darkness. He says he doesn't remember what happened after that, but the next morning he climbed up the tree and hung a rosary on the branch. He said neither him or his brother ever seen it again.

To this day the lot of them still refuse to walk past cemeteries or big old houses at night. It's actually quite cute and funny, but I would do the same if I were them

Other hauntings by Bambi

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bambi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bambi (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
thank you so much for reading and commenting on my post, mrwannabee and Drowning_Sadness. I'm glad you liked it, but I'm a bit embarrassed 'cause I've only now just re-read it and seen how poorly written it is, lol. Oh, and part 2 should be up by now.

Spiritwaiting, omg, you are totally right. It legit DOES sound like the Cheshire Cat! I didn't even see that! I always knew there was a reason I didn't like that damn film!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
The creature had me thinking about the cat in Alice in Wonderland. The cat with the smile! Creepy to say the least!
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
I would pee my pants if I saw a figure staring at me smiling while I was trying to sleep. This story actually freaked me out lol. I'm excited for the 2nd part! 😨
mrwannabee (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
where's the part 2?:) 😁

Asdjfgslkfash;awiora;jasdbf;sadf

Excited for the 2nd part:))

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: