You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Family Ghost? Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Family Ghost? Part 2

 

This is a story my mother told me after the strange incidents that happened in my old room. As mentioned in my previous post, I live in a 3 storey Heritage House in Sydney, Australia. It's old and almost every member of my family has lived here at one point or another, and they ALL have their own stories about it.

This one takes place in the early 1990's. After my mother brought me back from the hospital she hardly ever put me down. By the time my dad got me a crib and she laid me in it I immediately started to cry, but I'd stop as soon as she'd pick me up. No one thought anything of it at the time because I had spent the majority of my new born life always in someone's arms so, my father and her would just let me fall to sleep in their bed before they moved me back to my crib. But I would always end up crying and trying to move. My mum says that my cries were filled with so much fear and terror she couldn't bear to leave me in my cot so, from then on I slept with them. That continued until my dad got extremely annoyed and demanded my mum put me back into my own bed. As my mum got to her feet and walked over to my crib she seen the vague outline of a small body, no bigger than 4ft sitting in the corner of the crib. She looked back at my dad in shock, but when she turned around it was gone. Thinking it was just a shadow or trick of the mind (they were a tad sleep deprived) she laid me down in my crib and went back to sleep.

That was the first quiet sleep they had in weeks. At 2AM she woke for some reason, she checked on me and there was no sign of a shadow or distress. She went to the bathroom, but she felt like someone was watching her, so she leaned out the door just to check if anyone else was up, and sitting there on the bottom step of the staircase leading up to what would be my future room was the very same black figure she had seen in my crib, but this time it was smiling and looking right at her. She freaked out and ran back to my dad, he didn't believe her, but every night when she had to go to the bathroom she'd make him come with her.

After that whenever I'd start to stir or cry, she'd pick me up straight away and hardly ever put me back in my cot. She told me that every time she attempted to, she'd see it again... Just sitting in the corner smiling down at me. She said it was more than a shadow, she said it was completely black and all she could see of it was the whites of it's eyes and big smile.

She only told me this story after I moved out of my room upstairs. Apparently when I was about 3 or 4, she was sitting on the bottom of the stairs when I came up to her and asked "Mummy, what happened to the little boy?"

"What little boy?" she asked.

And I said "The one that used to sit in my bed."

I have no recollection of this exchange which is odd for me because I can recall entire conversations word for word from up to 18 years ago (I'm only 20 now).

A couple of years later when we went to visit family in Fiji, she told her father about it and he just sat there with a look of distress and concern on his face. He told her "Sweetie, that sounds like the same thing I used to see when I was a boy." And that's when he told her about the black figure of the little boy in the tree outside his window.

Other hauntings by Bambi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bambi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bambi (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
Drowning_Sadness, I haven't done any research on my house or family history actually. I don't know where or how to start. My mother told me her grandma did have a couple of miscarriage's and stillborn babies though. I think it definitely has to do with the Fijian side of the family, 'cause it sounds like it followed my grandpa here from Fiji.

Sheetal, unfortunately my grandfather passed away early this year so, I can't ask him any more and all his siblings refuse to talk about anything supernatural they've experienced 😕

Notjustme, we did actually attempt something once, but it only seemed to work for a short while and then it was back in full force... But that's another story.

Hades666, you don't sound like a-know-it-all in the slightest. I actually appreciate you taking the time to comment on my posts. Something in your reply caught my attention though... Is there any other way we could possibly discuss this further?

Mejiko, I don't remember seeing it at all, but I've always walked a little faster on those stairs than anywhere else in the house and that was before my mum even told me about it. She did mention that it made her feel very uncomfortable, but she has too much pride to admit to me OR herself that she was scared. I don't think it sounds human either. Thank you for commenting though, love! And your story sounds awful and I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep alone again if I had gone through that!
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Hmmm...how long ago was It that you'd seen that being? It's clearly over a 100years old seeing as it's been there for almost 4 generations. I would find out from your grandpa pah if he remembers stores of who the first generation was if you haven't yet had the time to find any records. I hope this doesn't freak you our, but did you ask you mom if the smile was sinister looking? Like usually when you read of someone encountering a black figure it has no features... In my own experience I've seen one that was as tall as a child... And it had a toothy smile... From ear to ear...O.O...and all it's teeth fit into each socket perfectly... And it's skin was like chard remains... And the thing that freaked me out the most was it's eyes were both yellow and red... And it smiled endlessly... At the time I was depressed because my now ex was in spain for 3 weeks... But I'm not going into too much depth as this post is about you Bambi... But after 3 nights of that... Months of conditioning myself to sleep with the lights off were out the window at that time. I was 19 at the time... And only slept without lights because of the boyfriend at the time... And I do now. But yea I would describe that smile as sinister... It didn't do anything to me at all just maintained it's presence... Never saw it again... BUT I did feel it after I turned on the TV for the next few weeks... Just a not good energy... But aside from that experience an entity staring and smiling doesn't seem like human like mannerisms.
Hades666 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Hello again, I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but my family has the same problem, but it more involves my mother's side, as she is the only one that gets affected, the only difference is that this "thing" only becomes active whenever my mother goes to Fiji, when she returns she becomes physically sick and my parents begin arguing a lot. I think the best thing you can do is get more information about it, as you mentioned your grandfather also saw this "little boy". Also one quick question; have you seen this entity again, other than your childhood?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
wow I hope this thing goes away. Has anyone ever tried to demand it to leave?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
hi, Very horrible story. It gives me goosebumps. 😨 Do you ever tried to find out that who was that boy? Please let us know if you got the answer. Anyway Very creepy, narrative story. Thanks for sharing with us.
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
I wonder what this figure is. Have you done research on the house or your family? Maybe a child passed away either in your family or on the property and it's just curious about other children. Obviously, your mom and grandfather were frightened by it, who wouldn't be?! But did they feel threatened by this figure?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: