You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Shadow In Bedroom And Imaginary Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In Bedroom And Imaginary Friends

 

I was hoping somebody could give me advice on this. When I was younger (around 7 years old) I had an imaginary friend that I had named "Ebony" - purely because this is what she wanted to be called, and not a name I came up with myself. I am sure if it was up to me, at that age, I would of named her something related to a princess etc. I know nobody of the name Ebony and never have.

Ebony and me were very close, but I would only ever speak/play with her when I was certain nobody else was around, because that is the way she liked it, as other people "scared her" and she "only liked me." She liked to read, and would tell me things about books like "Wuthering heights" which I would not know about otherwise - I am very sure I had never seen Wuthering Heights as a film or read anything about it. She never did anything to hurt me.

Anyway, at around 9 years old I stopped "believing" in Ebony due to the fact I got more friends at school and was much happier. There was so sign of her at all, I had totally moved on. I should also mention at that time, she had fairly long black hair and purple eyes, consistantly wore dresses and we had tea parties etc.

However, later on I got very unhappy in school, and with my home life, and "Ebony" or maybe something else, I'm not sure, made an appearance on my 13th birthday. I recall sitting in bed, at around 3am and because I could not sleep. I was simply staring into space. After a while of laying there, I felt like somebody was in the room, and looking in the corner I noticed a dark, sort of shadowlike blurry figure. Of course I was scared so hid under the covers and fell asleep after a while, then there was no other events. There was no deaths in my family around this time, and nobody I know had been injured.

Now though at 16 (I know I am giving my age out here, but it may be important, I'm not sure, to help resolve this) I often feel like somebody is in my bedroom. I also have consistant dreams where "Ebony" appears as a background character. For example, if I was at a concert in the dream she would be part of the crowd. Even if I could not see her, I would know she was there. Often I dreamt waking up in my room and seeing her standing next to my door. This happens at least once a week. Her appearance has changed now and she seems to wear a long skirt with a grey corset. She has a full fringe which slightly covers her eyes, which are still purple, however sometimes there are no eyes at all and simply black holes. If I do manage to speak to her in a dream, she speaks backwards (as if somebody had talked into a voice recorder then played it backwards - yet at a slowish pace.) I know very well that she does so, even though it is not understandable. A part of me understands what she is saying in the dream, yet knows it is all backwards. I happen to wake up around 3am almost every night due to the fact I feel like somebody is watching me, and countless times I have seen this same blurred figure from when I was 13 standing in the corner of my room.

The presence of Ebony in my room is negative, it genuinly scares me despite her never actually doing anything. When I have mentioned this to my parents they have passed it off as me being too stressed about school and life matters and being too paranoid. I sometimes have to sleep with a lamp on because I am so stressed about it.

Hopefully I can have some help about how to react to this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThatCosplayGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GenjiGod (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
Well from what I have read this thing wants to get back in your life. But the part that got me was when you said you would sometimes see her without eyes. That is not what something with nice intentions would do. So I know this was a while ago but if you still see "her" you should probably get the house cleansed or something. Wish all the best to you.
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Badjuujuu, I disagree with you & everyone else that thinks that this 'thing' is being made up in her mind. This is either a spirit or demon, probably a demon taking the form of the spirit that came to you as a child, Or it was a demon coming to you as a child so it could come back now that you are older.
You Really Need someone to help you that KNOWS what they are doing. Amie Allen is just one of the names that springs to mind, there are others. Don't go into some shop in your town/city & try to find someone, they will probably be a fraud. And NO! Do not use a spirit board! You can invite in something even Worse! And by the way Never try to burn one! What ever came in is IN forever! These frauds may and probably will want to come to your house. DO NOT LET THEM KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!
Using a Bible, rose beads, Cross, anything like that will not help if you are not a Christian. It will only make and evil spirit or demon madder. You have to know what you are doing to use these. Any preacher (not a priest) can explain this to you.
If I can be of any help email me at: phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net
ThatCosplayGirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
BadJuuJuu - thank you I am going to try and think that way. Hopefully this Ebony thing will relax a bit if I try and think more -well- not rationally but you get the idea.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Cosplay, always consider the mundane before considering the paranormal. Always. I've had jar candles break even after I thought they were completely cool, because of flaws in the glass. Heating up then cooling down can sometimes make glass break. Its one reason I've quit using jar candles. As boring as it may sound, maybe the glass was just flawed.
I'm still not convinced Ebony even is an intelligent presence, but if that's the explanation you've chosen for her, ok. If you want to treat this as an intelligent haunt, then you need to keep a couple of things in mind. One, try to debunk everything. And I do mean everything. Look for non-paranormal explanations for anything that occurs. You can't truly call something paranormal unless you've managed to prove it isn't normal. Always debunk.
Two, stay calm and rational. The best way to convince yourself something is paranormal is to allow yourself to be so frightened you jump at your own shadow. That's another reason debunking is so important, it helps refocus your energy from "omg I'm scared" to "hm, what could've caused that?" Stay calm, stay rational, keep control over fear.
In answer to your question, yeah, occasionally an entity can attempt to harm the living. It takes an incredible amount of energy though, and most entities just aren't that strong. I wouldn't waste any time worrying about physical harm.
I still believe your best option is to take an honest look at yourself, at your life, and make decisions that will make you happy. Its your choice, and admittedly taking action to change what makes you unhappy is the tough choice. It requires dedication to responsible decision making every single day, but ultimately its worth it.
ThatCosplayGirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
KurtCobain - do you suggest I just talk to thin air asking her to leave me alone? She isn't present every single night, and I don't lucid dream often so I cannot ask her in my sleep.

Mejiko - excactly that is why I am becoming rather confused.

Everybody - if Ebony was the one to break the glass in my room, does it mean she is trying to hurt me? Can spirits hurt you?:/
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Goodness there are so many things that one can say about the spiritual. But few reasons I can think of as to why as a child when you were in need of a freind she showed up. One is she was already there and came to you in need or two she is a product of residual energies and in your need with your abilities she form into consciousness.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Kurt.,

Sometime imaginary friends are just that... IMAGINARY...

3:00 am IS NOT the witching hour. I was a witch for a number of years and while there are certain time of the year... And special days I NEVER thought... Was taught... Or read anything about 3:00 am being a special time.

I will say that at 3:00 am the environment around us is quiet enough individuals are more likely to notice spirit activity because there is less to distract us from hear/seeing/sensing them.

Respectfully,

Rook
KurtCobain (1 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
First you should know if you already don't:
Imaginary friends are spirits that used to be alive. They're SPIRITS, NOT imaginary.
Second, if you feel she is a bad spirit you should start parting every night. And tell her to leave you alone, she can't stop scaring you if she doesn't realize shes scaring you. If she doesn't leave you alone reach out to someone else that WILL listen.
Third, I find it strange you wake up at 3 am because 3 am is witching hour 0-0 creepy
Just remember to pray and keep faith
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
First...ANY method used must involve strong FAITH... Just leaving out an open Bible and/or reading a few Scriptures will do nothing... And may possibly upset a spirit who is simply trying to communicate because its sees it's being misunderstood so it gets frustrated and angry. FAITH and WILL POWER can help us use the electromagnetic energy that surrounds and even comprises us. To 'use' it we must be able to FEEL it... Those who do are sensitives... They can feel the EMF... They react to it... They can with practice manipulate it to some degree... Sense SPIRITS (both human and non human) seem to be intelligent energy a sensitive can feel/interact with them...

Might I suggest the Cleansing/Shielding Method that you can find on my Profile (heavy on the Shielding... Hint hint). This may help you deal with things and keep them at arms length as you research, study and learn more about things of this nature. This is your experience... Please feel free to ask questions and there are many experienced people here at YGS that will do there best to help you and provide answers to your questions...

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
ThatCosplayGirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
Mejiko AND everybody (this is important) - Okay, we don't have target or walmart here in the UK but Tesco is the equivalent I think. I lit a candle last night (my fave smell - vanilla) but when I blew it out, an hour later the top of it smashed. I don't know how that happened because it was not lit or moved at the time, it just smashed there and then on top of my dresser. It was as if somebody had hit the top with a hammer or something, and some shards of glass were just laying around it. Nobody was in my room but me though, and the smashing noise woke me up.

Demon666 - My house was built about three years before I moved in according to my parents, but the lights in the attic do turn on randomly sometimes in the middle of the night, then turn back off.
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
Cosplay- yes I do believe you have an ability that you do not yet understand. Poeple often don't realize how much power/spiritual energy they have or generate from the electromagnetic field that all things that exist have. Even something as minut as a pencil has a field. But we living conscious beings have the ability to control it and often aren't aware that we are doing it, which can be dangerous if one is unstable. We can even create life which out know it. But I did mention on another story from someone in Ireland that is having a similar issue with a dark figure... And someone suggested putting out a bible. I opposed that suggetion because if you are inexpereiced with the paranormal and with the bible... What can happen is you will merely piss off the entity and encourage it to do more and more. I would recommend sage until you can get someone that is more experienced to help you. Also do some research on some aeromatics that will provide protection... And also something to help boost your esteem. Sometimes when you smell something that smells good and reminds you of a happier time in your life it can bring you such confidence and support emotional control and controlling emotions like fear so that you can have the guesto to repel or fight back or remove what is bothering you. You don't need a Metaphysical store for that, Walmart, Kmart, stores like that will have incense and aeromatics. I personally like pumpkin spice. Makes me feel grounded.
Demon666 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
was your house possessed or something? Like, did you move to that house or built it yourselves?
ThatCosplayGirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Just an update here -
So last night I had a sleepover with one of my closest friends, and she woke me up at night (not sure of the time) to tell me she saw somebody standing by the window of my room, staring at us in the bed. Now this is odd because usually when I see "ebony" or the shadow, they are in the corner or by the door, not by the window. Now I know she is being deathly serious because we would never lie to each other, and she even left to go home because she was too scared to stay over...

On saturday when I did see her outside of the dream at aroun 1am [at] SCAPE_Paranormal I told her to leave, and she did. Yet she simply came back about two hours later when I woke up at 3am.
[at] H2olily I left a bible open and even read it out loud but it doesn't seem to have had an effect.: (
[at] Mejiko Do you believe this is an ability? I feel like i've just lost the plot.
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
I think that it is very importent for you to seek out someone to help you get you learn to control your abilites. You have good senses. The choice is up to you if you if you choose to ignore your intuition, and invite someone, something, or someone else or something else into your life. But your ablities will tell you whether or not you can or can not trust someone. I don't believe it's a good idea for you to go through this alone. If you wanted you could use your abilities to summon help... But you must be specific... And by that I mean a person. I won't dare claim to be supeiriorly experienced, but when I need help it often appears around the corner. And you must be confident that help will come. It maybe next door or next week, but I strongly urge that you not deal with this by yourself.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Try just praying and leave an open Bible (turned to the Psalms?) around. Mebbe read it sometimes... Sounds like an inherited or generational entity that has been around you and perhaps your family for a long time. Try renouncing and repenting of any familial or personal act, behavior or such that would give "Ebony" any legal right to stick around. Tell her to leave and not come back. And don't leave a spiritual vacuum for her to come back, but maybe begin the spiritual journey that will bring you peace. Just some suggestions... Best of Luck!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
I would agree with BadJuuJuu on this one: DO NOT invite anyone in your home that claims to be able to help you in this matter, generally because all sorts of negative entities can be conjured in this way.
You may have a Spirit that is feeding off your current emotional state, so be careful. It may be an idea to cleanse your home yourself, but be strong about it.
Love & Light, Rachel <3
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
When I was a little kid, saw a man and a woman who would lean over my bed and tell me I was special, and in the day time they would play with me and teach me history. We moved a round a lot and I lost them. When I found them again recently, her hair had grown and he looked more worn, not old, worn. Ghosts and spirits can't change. Everything else can. Listen to BadJuuJuu otherwise, I don't think it's anything malevolent.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Do you feel anxiety or tension of any sort when you're with your social group? If so, then its possible her image would appear for that reason. You know best your emotions and tension level, so that's not something I can give a good answer to. Just be aware of what your feeling when she shows up, you may notice triggers that bring her image about.
If you decide to search out any neopagan/New Age/metaphysical sorts to help you with this, proceed with caution. Do not tell anyone where you live, don't invite anyone into your home, don't trust anyone just because they can talk a good game about metaphysical topics. I'm sad to say the neopagan community has its share of flakes and nut bags.
Home cleansings are fine, but if anyone says they must come to your house, big fat no. If someone starts talking about seances, big fat no. Be skeptical of anyone who claims to know an easy fix.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
There is always the possibility that this is all in your head, and sometimes parts of it rant and parts of it are. First, the past: as your "imaginary" friend, Ebony seemed to enjoy your componey. And her fear of other people may have been valid. BUT there is the possability that this was a dark sperit trying to play a long game with your mind. Next, the re-visit: she appeared years later I a different form. Darker, scarier, creepier. This is not usual for friendly sperits as Ebony seemed to be, so we can conclude this is either a demon trying to feed on your unease (demons are the only speritual entity known to take form of others). Lastly, your dreams: this may just be your mind messing with you. Anticipating another encounter with Ebony, and trying to desensitize you to the fear or general unease of her presence. Possibly not actually her. BUT something is definitely going on. Next time you see her outside of your dreams try staring directly at her and asking her to politely leave. If this works at all (not necessarily permanently) that's good. If she does not leave, she is an aggressive sperit and must be dealt with. Sorry if this scares you, but this may not be Ebony.
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Google my dear. There is always one somewhere in a town nearby. Search Witch craft or Wiccan shop or metaphysical shops. You could even Facebook nearby potential people that deal in the metaphysical. But honesly the first step to remove or deal with your spiritual being... Is to face the being with confidence. Do not let it make you fearful. You are stronger the she is anyway. Thus she is feeding on your energy.
ThatCosplayGirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
AH thank you everybody so far -
Mejiko I don't actually know where to find such a person or how I will get there but it seems like a fairly good idea

BadJuuJuu I have a feeling you may be right here, because it is true she comes around when I am going through hard times, however, she also appears (?) when I am having sleepovers or meetings with friends at night - could this signify i'm concened about my friendship group too or something? Not sure.
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
So basically what I feel you need to do. Is find a local metaphysical store. And ask the Witch or Shaman or whatever mythic affiliated person that owns the shop to give you guidance and advice. Additionally, getting familer with such things as magic and the metaphysical you will meet people and this people will become good supportive freinds and help you control you Psychokinetic abilites. This being is something you created from the redsidual energies in the house as a child. Being around people of your likeness will keep you from being lonely, or feeling pruturbed with all the going on's in they physical relm. It's so strange to me how people have not acknowleged their spiritual side to the a point that when spiritual things come about we are afraid and create negativity. But with this being possible what if you were filled with so much love and compassion that you would create a being of happiness and absolute light.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Badjuujuu, you hit the nail on the head with this one! I agree.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
It seems significant that Ebony first appeared in your life during a time that you were lonely and unhappy, then disappeared when you felt better. When you hit another rough place, Ebony made a reappearance, only negative this time.
What I think is that Ebony isn't truly present this time around. I think that your subconscious sought out her image as a means of comforting you. The subconscious communicates through symbols, and the symbols can be very confusing. The best person to unravel the meaning of symbols is the person receiving the symbols subconsciously. Anyone could try to say, "X represents Y, A represents B," but individual life experiences can change our views on symbols. To you, X may very well represent A. So, think it over carefully, keep a dream diary, and figure out what these images mean to you personally.
Also, take a careful look at the circumstances in your life that have brought you to a point of stress. Its very possible that the shadowy figure is nothing more than a manifestation of your current emotional state. Look long and hard at what you're going through right now. See if there is anything you can do to change/improve your situation. Any attempt to take charge of your circumstances may improve your state of mind enough that these manifestations lessen or stop altogether.
Just my two cents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: