You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Possible Poltegeist Haunting Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Poltegeist Haunting Me?

 

So I am now 16 years old and believe I have been being followed by something since I was about 12.

It all started one night when I was 12. I was living with my mother in the east of Scotland at the time. I had been lying in my bed at about half 11pm and just couldn't seem to get myself to sleep (which was unusual for me.) My mother came upstairs to switch my tv off, I asked her to switch it off and tried to get to sleep. At this point my mother was only maybe half way down the stairs when I opened my eyes to see a shadow of a female figure at the end of my bed. I jumped out and ran down the stairs to my mum, she decided I could sleep on the couch since I was too scared to be in my own room at this time. I was lying on the couch watching my stepdad play his computer when I seen this shadowy figure of a hand reaching down and touching his head. I then asked my mum to come to the toilet with me (was too scared to be alone) and she had been running a bath. The towels had went from sitting on the toilet to being inside the bath!

About a year later I moved in with my grandmother. Maybe two/three months in, I noticed strange things happening at her home as well. Things being moved, my hair brush would disappear for days and then reappear when I didn't need it. Recently I have been terrified to shower myself as everytime I go into the bathroom myself a horrible shadowy face figure appears at the window. I get a horrible uneasy feeling being alone in my bedroom, and me, my younger cousin who is 12 and my baby cousin who is 2 are terrified to go into the upstairs bedroom. We always get a horrible choking feeling, as if something is strangling me. I really don't know what this could be. Any ideas what could be happening?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kayandkeeks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kayandkeeks (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Thanks everyone! I recently started therapy as I had a very abusive stepdad, since I started that my anger has calmed down a lot and so has the paranormal activities! So it has probably been a projection of my negativity or hormones just as Rook suggested! Thank you all for your helpful comments!
HuyExclusive (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
Really strange when you said you have a choking feeling, it might be your head messing you like your mind is very paranoid of what you have seen.

Really strange though, it would be very scary have a choking feeling.

Hope your safe, or go to a church and be bless my a priest.
ElonaTDuncan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
It does seem more like an attachment but it could be something else as well. This might help you:

I've had this creature, I'd call it a person if it didn't look so inhuman, following me and being around me for as long as I can remember. I can only see him in mirrors when it's dark. Though I sense him the most around mirrors wether dark or light.

I've also had problems with things disapearing and reappearing.

All I could come up with is that it can't actually hurt me. It's mostly the case in the supernatural. The supernatural scares more than it kills. To kill, they need power they don't have. An energy if you will. The more they scare you, the more energy they're able to get.

Try to talk to it or ignore it. Calm your heartbeat around it. That should help. If not, then it has more power than it should in which case you should just ignore it. Ignoring them is the best way of getting them to weaken.

Hope that helped.
Good luck.
Spiritgirl1998 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Hey, I've had my own experiences since I was young. And to me it sounds like an attachment. Attachments are most common with the ghosts or spirits of children. They follow around and well, attach to a person they feel safest with. All this child spirit is trying to do is to get you to acknowledge that they're there and the only way they know to do this is to be a normal little kid. Being mischievous.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Just recreate the circumstances that make her appear. Quiji boards could help, but you could end up talking to any random spirit. Seances could work as well, but that too could have consequences. So just get her to appear and talk. She can hear you if she can see you.
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Kay: I agree with rook. Poltergeist activity typically centers around a pre-pubescent female. During the changes that occur in the body, she will unknowingly radiate powerful psychic energy that can take on a consciousness of its own. Since it is caused by you, it will follow you around from house-to-house. Paranormal activity starts out slowly at first, maybe some object in the house moving, then escalates as the entity continues to feed off your fear. I think that when you start to understand what is happening, your fear will decrease, and you will find that the activity will slowly fade away to nothing as you approach adulthood. There's a famous haunting from your country called the Enfield Poltergeist:

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ24igrFzW8

Good luck dear, and please keep us informed.
kayandkeeks (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Thanks for your comments guys. In relation to Sav's comment, thanks I'm going to try the sage, just anything that can get rid of this problem. Scape_paranormal, I would contact her but I'm not sure how that would work how, would it be a ouija or seance or something? Rook, thanks for your ideas, maybe it is something more mentally involved rather than paranormal, thanks guys ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Going out on a limb here Kaya... You are a woman... Well young woman? If so then I say its a poltergeist... One that is being generated by YOU... This can happen if your a young man as well but it's more common with young ladies.

What could be happening is one of two things... Either a spirit has been attracted by the energy your body is generating as you go through puberty and is using it in these ways to draw attention to itself OR these event/experiences are psycokenetic (sp) in nature and it's your body/mind using the extra energy being generated as your body changes and matures.

You say these things started when you were twelve... If you are a lady did your 'cycle' begin at about the same time? If you are a male... Did your body begin to 'mature' about the time these events started? Either way they should pass as the changes your body is experiencing come to an end. If they do not then there is a chance a spirit may have attached itself to you... Either way please check my profile... There you will find a cleansing/shielding method that may help... Please ask any questions you may have and keep us posted.

Respectfully.,

Rook
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
By the way, she isn't considered a poltergeist. Poltergeist are destructive and angry for no apparent reason and tend to stay in the same location. She just wants attention.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
This is definitely a (to use savsavvy1023's term) hitchhiker. See, some spirits lose their name and face and become a simple angry entity. She's trying to get your attention, and given that she is fallowing YOU, she sounds pretty desperate. Now remember, ghosts can't severely hurt you. And they definitely can't kill you. But what I would do is sir down and try to contact her. It may be scary, but this could solve your problem. If you just try to be reasonable and let her know that you know she is there, things may change. The best way to go about this is to help her cross over, but that is WAY too extreme for you. So what you can do is tell her you know that she is there, you cannot solve her problem, and ask her to leave. The living always have authority over the "dead". Hope this helps.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Wow, the something or someone is drawn to your family. Maybe they are old family members, or hitchhikers. My uncle used to have hitchhikers back when he went to a lot of bars and did tons of drugs.Edgar, Ed and Fred, and a few other spirits my family nicknamed would follow him home because he opened himself up to their energies. My Great Aunt Cynde always knew when he had brought one back and would cleanse him and the house with sage. Another thing she would do is bless silver coins and put them at the edge of the property so that the spirits couldn't come up to the house. Maybe without knowing it you have picked up some hitchhikers and they just like to keep moving with you.
kayandkeeks (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Thanks for your comment Sav, I have looked up all the houses its been happening in (my gran moves a lot so its been five different houses I have had experiences in) and there doesn't seem to be anything alarming or involved, I'm not the only person who's witnessed these things, my grandmother, my aunty and both my cousins have seen/heard things similar ❤
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Sounds like something that was in the house before. I would look up the history of the house and see what used to go on there. I would usually recomend smudging with sage, but for some reason I feel like that would just upset the spirits more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: