You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: A Haunting in Jackson

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting in Jackson

 

This is my first time experiencing a true paranormal investigation. Call us ghost hunters, ghost busters, ghost tracers, but to be more formal, we can be called paranormal investigators. The outfit is called H.P.I. (Haunted and Paranormal Investigations) of Northern California. The president is the lovely Shannon McCabe. Shannon is a unique individual that also is a vocalist and is involved with vocal lessons, recording, band management and bookings, event planning, floral design and has her own web site. This talented woman also seeks the truth of hauntings and maintains a skeptical mind on all events that are witnessed by her outfit H.P.I. She seeks a scientific explanation, or when all scientific possibilities are eliminated, it leaves only one answer. The paranormal. January 20, 2007, Saturday, I found myself arriving at The National Hotel, 2 Water Street, Jackson, CA.

Roll Call for H.P.I. Investigators that don't mind having their names disclosed were: Shannon McCabe, President; Brian Colbert; Julie English; Paul Dale Roberts; Mary Casiano; Anne Temple (Spiritual/Psychic Reader); John Wachter; Jonathan Russell; Alicia; Michelle Paykel. There were 28 H.P.I. paranormal investigators and other names will be withheld for their privacy.

The National Hotel in Jackson, California dates back to the 1800s. Guests of the hotels have witnessed many paranormal events. The total number of entities in the hotel have been documented to a big 30. When I arrived, their was a band playing and patrons gyrating on the dance floor to rock and roll and R&B. One of the songs, fit the mood. She Blinded me with Science. One of the buzzed patrons yelled out... "happy ghost hunting!" The HPI investigators were setting up video cameras in all locations of the floors of the hotel. The lap tops were turned on to analyze electronic voice phenomenon. In one recording you could distinctly hear a female voice say the word 'chill'. I became familiar with a Gauss aka E.M.F. (electro magnetic field reader). Brian Colbert, another paranormal investigator briefed me on a Tempgun, which detects the influx of temperature. Very good in reading 'cold spots'.

When the band and patrons left, the lights went out and the investigators had access to more rooms. In one room called The Bordello, I felt a thickness in the air. When leaving this room and returning perhaps an hour later, the thickness was gone. Armed with my digital camera, I took pictures of various areas of the hotel. The method is to take two pictures of each area, so there is no misinterpretation of the picture taken. The spirits must have been attracted to Julie English. She took many photos with her digital camera and picked up many 'orbs' in her photographs. Julie English at 1:52am took a photograph of a bath towel in Room 55 and an orb appeared in the photo. She snapped another photo of the bed in Room 55 and another orb appeared. I snapped photos of the same areas and no orbs appeared on my photographs.

One unsubstantiated claim was that intuitive Anne Temple claimed that a little girl made her presence known and followed John Wachter. During this incident an electronic magnetic field monitor device was used and witnessed by Michelle Paykel. The little ghostly spirit of the girl that followed John Wachter whispered 'Cindy'. Some of the patrons of the bar were curious on what H.P.I. was doing and one patron, name unknown claimed he was a psychic and claimed an angry man entity was walking up and down the hallway and that he was angry. This entity was mumbling gibberish and was completely incoherent. The psychic patron claimed this was a troubled spirit. Anne Temple followed up to say that he smoked a cigar and that he was yelling "get out". The patron psychic said he was 5' 10", average aged man with an ethnic background. Observing the patron psychic, I detected that he was somewhat intoxicated. There was a time he was glass eyed and standing up against the wall. Shannon McCabe asked him..."what's wrong?" He later told me that he receives headaches when there are too many ghosts around. One of the investigators asked him to leave, because we felt he was hindering on our investigations.

Shannon McCabe showed me around to various rooms. She is a seasoned investigator and as we sat in the dark, she would entice the spirit to show itself. While Shannon was trying to detect any Electronic Voice Phenomenon, any kind of noises that were being made, she would make the comment... "someone's footsteps are being heard" or "Paul coughing", so there is no confusion on what those noises are. Shannon enticed a spirit named "Jeffrey" and I snapped one photo over the bed area and captured 2 orbs on my camera. I snapped again, in the same direction of the orbs and there were no more orbs present in the 2nd photo. This was in Room 52 of the hotel.

One of the lady workers of the hotel related all kinds of ghost stories to us. She told us how a crashed echoed throughout the hotel, sounding like broken glass or broken wood and when walking into the room where the sound came from, they found no broken glass or wood. She explained that rooms with many sightings, were rooms 61, 47 and 45. One room, a cowboy male ghost is seen and that this ghost once told a little girl with a video camera... "run bitch!" Shannon and about 4 other paranormal investigators sat in that room, trying to entice the cowboy ghost. We had no results in this room. I later sat in this room by myself and felt no presence. I even dared to sit in dark closets by myself and even investigated the attic and no results. One unidentified woman paranormal investigator took a photo and got a misty white cloud on her digital photo. Michelle Paykel took a digital photo and a white blob appeared on the staircase digital photo. At 4:20am, more digital photos were taken in Room 60 and orbs appeared on the photographs.

The final story for this evening occurred in Room 47, the infamous Bordello Room with it's lavish provocative maroon decor and mirrors. This story is related to me by Mary Casiano, Jonathan Russell and Anne Temple, the Spiritual Reader of Bluepantherspirit.com. They witnessed or experienced everything from a poke in the neck, whispering, hair pulling, tugging on hair, a touch or brushing of the face, hands feeling cold, hair pushed back. Jonathan Russell claims he was sitting on a chair and felt a pressure on his lap and even felt like he was being groped. I went into the Bordello Room by myself and sat in the same chair as Jonathan. I sat in there for a good 20 minutes and experienced nothing. The only thing I experienced in this room, was earlier in the evening, I felt a thickness in the air.

Overall this was a fun learning experience and I hope our next investigation into a haunting will produce some exciting results. All digital photographs and Electronic Voice Phenomenon will be analyzed. The results are pending. For anyone interested in this field! Like the patron told me...."Happy Ghost Hunting!"

Paul Dale Roberts, www.jazmaonline.com 5606 Moonlight Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758 JazmaPika [at] cs.com 9162037503

Update from Paul Dale Roberts on 2007-01-24

I just want to make a few corrections.

Shannon McCabe's website is: www.SnMProductionsCo.com

Also present - H.P.I. Paranormal Investigators were: John Wachter - Assistant; Alicia Perry - Assistant.

One of the songs the band was playing at The National Hotel that fit the mood was: She Blinded Me with Science by Thomas Dolby.

I, Paul Dale Roberts noticed at one time the Bordello room reeked of musky stale perfume and when I went back, the smell was gone.

Shannon says: Orbs may possibly be dust spots, but further studying of them is required.

Sites that will assist you if you are interested in ghost hunting are:

www.HPIparanormal.net (under construction)

www.ghosts.meetup.com/231

www.myspace.com/hpiparanormal

Other hauntings by PaulDaleRoberts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

garbagegigo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
I agree with troyarn. I have never seen anything conclusive come from ghost hunters. I used to think they were real when such shows just came out, but after watching a few episodes, anyone could predict what would happen.

A dark house, a few sounds, people making shiat up and some drama. I watched a video on youtube of the making of the show "Most haunted" and the video proves it's all made up.

I would like to add something. These days nobody believes what they see on television anymore because the shows make stuff up for ratings. And neither would I believe in photographs because anyone who knows how to use a mouse and click a few buttons can make a ghost photograph. The same would apply for audio I suppose.

And then there are people claiming to be psychic. What a bunch of bullshiat! If they were really psychic, they would get rich from the stock market. Anyone can do the "oooh I'm feeling a bit of energy... I think it's a... Little boy?" Can you show the boy for us? No. Then shut up.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
It would be nice to see some pictures. I'm not saying that this story is not real, anything but, I'm just interested that's all.

Goddess Bless with your searches.

TLBD ❤
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I am so sorry, but this seems fairly lame. As anyone knows, I am not a big fan of this guy since he goes into too much detail about coffee drinking and his advertising that he cannot actually give us a story.
I am one to believe any story, but this guy says so much lame stuff that I really would like proof. Even a few photos from your fantastic journeys or even a few comments on things.
Shannon Mc- President of H.P.I (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-24)
I want to thank Paul for writing this story for H.P.I.! If anyone has questions regarding paranormal expierences or wants to learn more about our group. Please visit us at www.myspace.com/HPIparanormal. Thank you!

Shannon McCabe
President
H.P. I Paranormal
CenterCore (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-22)
That is incredible. I must say, some people must be more attuned to the spiritual subconscious than others, but I think we all have the ability to sense spirits in some way. Happy hunting to you too, sir.

- Your friend, CenterCore
Center_Core_Software [at] yahoo.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: