You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost On The Cliff?

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost On The Cliff?

 

I grew up in the west coast and would often go to the beaches and such off of Highway 1, getting increasingly often as I grew into my teen years. I took a break from going there between the ages of 10 to 15, seeing a lack of need to go there. But I started going there right after I turned 15, to go to Pigeon Point Lighthouse. It's a quaint little lighthouse and hostel and, at the time, I was obsessed with lighthouses.

There are many cliffs next to Highway 1, giving you a view of the ocean just beyond the rocks. As I stared out the window the first time going to that part of the coast, I saw a woman on the cliffs. She seemed to have longish black hair and almost a whitish blue dress, as well as her skin just being a pale ivory skin. We passed by her and I craned my neck back to see her and she was gone. I asked my mom if she saw her, and my mom was puzzled. I decided, against my better judgement, to leave it at that and not press further.

As I kept going back to that part of the highway, I would keep seeing her. Sometimes, it would be her on the cliff staring out into the ocean, or sometimes her face, her eerily blue eyes staring blankly ahead. These were all brief flashes in my eyes. It was as if I was no longer in my mom's car on the highway, just somewhere seemingly lonely. I haven't been back there for almost a half a year now, but I'm positive that if I go back, I'd see her again.

I still wonder who this ghost is, and why I only see her standing in the same position or staring with the same expression. Is she a ghost who's stuck in some sort of time loop, or is she trying to just get my attention?

Other hauntings by Chocolat

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chocolat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
I love taking my family to Pigeon Point. I wonder if it's related to the Blue Lady at The Moss Beach Distillery. Not likely, because of the distance though. The whole coastline seems mystical. Especially during the winter time.
Chocolat (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
I do enjoy photography (sadly, I don't own a camera, as they're expensive) so I keep my phone out and click as many photos as I can across the highway. I DID find one picture that seemed unusual, but could have just been the weather that day, seeing as though it wasn't the usual part of the highway that I see the woman.
As far as I see, with my search-words, there was only one accident which resulted in the death of two men just a little over a year ago. I might possibly keep searching though.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Chocolat: that's an interesting story.
Have you ever tried to take a picture of the woman? It would be interesting to see if you capture something unusual.
Do you know if there have been any fatal accidents on that road?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: