You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: First Time Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

First Time Ouija Board

 

Let me first start off by saying I love the paranormal. Though I might be scared a lot too of it, I still love paranormal things.

Lately I have been doing research on Ouija boards and really wanted to do this. I know what I was getting myself into. It was me, my cousin Summer, and my sister Aryss. We did not have a bad experience I think. We asked basic questions. First if there was any spirits around us, then asked if it was good or bad, then asked the gender, and just more questions.

When we started asking questions, it started to move (not right away, of course. It took a couple of tries). All of us got pretty excited, or overwhelmed. He said he was a male, good spirit, we think his name was Tom. He also said that he was related to my great-grandfather (him having a lot of brothers), he was his brother Tom. He also said he was 65 I think and said he died in 1970, but this info sorta seemed off.

My sister asked if he was stuck here, he said yes. I wanted to ask why he was and my cousin said that didn't make any since, and I don't blame her. Me and her got into a little argument, which was my fault (the spirits became active after she tried being host, so we let her become the host) then he said goodbye, I think we upset him.

After that we kept trying and asked if there were any spirits. It went to yes, when we tried to ask his/her name he said bye. The next we did the same thing except when we asked again to a different spirit we asked if it was a good or bad one, it said goodbye and that part is as scary as it got.

I definitely want to do it again. My sister is a little scared and I'm not going to push her. She said to give her some time and I will. I know there are bad spirits out there. I know what we were doing. I hope you liked my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashlynn1014, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lyssiemaria (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
In my experience I have made a ouija board and tried it once. It didn't work. But all of you guys are saying don't use it because it can harm you. I watch this guy on Youtube (Huff Paranormal) and he does things with the ouija board, spirit boxs etc. And has never had any trouble with it. He has been using a ouija board since he was 9. I'm just saying what I heard.
I know, I know never trust things you see on YouTube, Haha but if you watch his videos, You'd understand. This is just my opinion, please no hate.

Thankyou,
Lyssie 😁 ❤
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-12)
I so want to try Ouija Board & try to connect with our ancestors. Can some one tell me the way... Because I stay with my family & I am scared if a bad spirit arrives it might harm them. I don't care if it does anything to me, because its me who wanted to do things & feel it. But not my family.
Please help. 😢
But an amazing story... I liked it 😊
Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Don't mess with boards. You say you know what you're getting into, but you don't. Also I kind of smile when people say they asked the spirit if it was bad or good... Is a bad spirit going to tell the truth? Doubt it.
Ashlynn1014 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
I want to thank you all for worrying, my family has had a lot of experiences witht the paranormal and iv done a lot of research, also I made the board.
I understand what using the ouija board can open up.
My cousin and sister hasent wanted to do it and I respect that, I'll wait until I'm older and do it again with proper knowlage about the paranormal.
Also, if things were going bad, I woukdent have up and just left the situation, I don't know what I'd do but I guess that's why I'll wait until I'm older and do a lot a lot of research before I try again.
Thank you so much for commenting and being concerned.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hello Ashlynn1014, the entire team of experienced posters and Mods have given you some good advise. Please do take it. You are a teenager and you would like to go adventurous. No. Not with Ouija. It is not as easy as you narrated and your sister telling that given time, she would like to have a session. No. I join others in telling you, please don't. If you really want to use it, do a lot of research and not one or two websites. It takes a lot more courage to stand up to something when weird things confront you, like what Val said, if things start flying off, you should possess the courage to close the board despite the urge to flee with your friends already getting away from the scene. So, please avoid using Ouija and don't ask your sister too.

Val, you hit the nail on the head. Kudos.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Wow, awesome advice from everybody on here. And they are all uber knowledgeable so you should take it. So regarding ouija boards my own opinion may be a little redundant, but here it is. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Ur...ummmm...Curse (with something nice 😉) you have made me blush...LoL.

Thanks for the referral.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Ummm...a spirit that claims to be related and gives dates that are a little off can be VERY EASILY be something... Not so nice yet pretending to be. Validate its claims by doing some basic Family History, First... Did Great Grandfather have a brother named Tom? You stated that he had a lot of brothers... If you know that much about your Family then getting their names can't be too hard. IF Great Granddad really did have a brother by that name then his age and year of his passing should not be to hard to verify. Make sure this 'brother' Tom did not pass a a small child... Just validating the name IS NOT enough.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that this spirit did get upset about the 'energy' between you and your sister when you argued and because of this 'he' just up and left... That does not mean, nor confirm it was the spirit of a dead relative... Not until Name and dates are verified.

I am glad that your first experience was 'incident' free and understand that you want to try again... But just as Val and Miracles had stated... Be careful, do the research, prepare yourself and whom ever your going to do this again with. Do not ever let you guard down and try this next time...'build/cast/create a protective circle around yourself and the Board... This fairly simply preventative measure can go a LONG WAY to preventing an 'incident', should one happen, from getting out of control.

It is OK to be curious and completely another to rush blindly into a snake infested cave... Go slow, do lots of research and stay positive.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Miracles, gee must be our day to 'talk' 😉.
You're very right about TV sensationalizing the 'scary' of anything paranormal. That's why we have so many 'demon' happy (EEK! You have a demon! Mongers) on just about any paranormal based site, and believers of the 3 P.M. Myth. Ok, my belief is that the 3 PM thing is a myth. I never heard of it until the internet came along. And it seems to ME, that many want to label all bad spirits as demons. Demons aren't even spirits/ghosts/haints call them as you will. They were never human to start with.
But, I digress, the point is many, many people do not experience anything 'bad', when they begin messing with a Ouija. So, they are lulled into a sense of false security, of thinking it's just a tool. Even those with a long standing record of using it with nothing 'bad' coming of it, can have something happen.
I'd recommend Rook's entry Ouija Boards Invite Trouble
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4364 for the OP to start with. She should read his profile too.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Ashlynn, I believe Val has given you the best advice you could receive. Please take her words to heart and learn to be prepared for any situation.
Also, good on you for not trying to push your sister into using the board again right away. That shows a lot of maturity and kindness. This is a good time to research and increase your knowledge.
Best wishes.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
val - I was hoping someone would gently "yell" at her about this because there could be a lot of our members not so gently yell at her and it go right over her head. I'm also hoping she pays at least a little bit of attention because I can see so many things going wrong if they/she continues to use the Ouija board, especially considering how inexperienced they are 😢

Ashlyn - there are so many stories on here that show how badly Ouija board experiences can go. Please take a few minutes and read some of them. They're not at all like what you've experienced. For every 1 "not so bad" experience like yours, there are 10-12 that are horrific experiences. There are also stories on TV that have dealt with Ouija boards. None that I've seen have ever had a happy ending. Granted, it's TV and they go for scary things so they probably aren't going to show those that don't scare the crap out of people. But my point is, y'all got lucky the first time. I don't think you should press your luck 😐
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Ashlyn,
I'm sitting here trying to think of ways to say what I'm thinking without it coming off as sounding preachy or rude, because I really don't mean for it to be. You state that this was your first Ouija experience, and that only recently you began researching them. But then you go on to say that you 'knew' what you were getting into, and that you know what you were doing... Based on how much research? And how was this research conducted? Web sites? Books? A combination? The box your board came in? Someone with hands on experience?
Sorry, but I had to ask. All too often, I hear folks make such a statement only to find their 'research' consisted of 3 websites and the box one afternoon.
The other thing that bothers me is the asking if it's a good or bad spirit. Do you really believe that a 'bad' spirit is going to tell you it's bad because you asked it? Wouldn't a bad spirit just lie? And do you really, really believe that such an entity would necessarily leave because you said 'good bye'? Do you know what to do then? Without needing to look it up? And could you react quickly enough to close the door, as it were, if such a thing happened? Remember, 'bad' almost always poses as good, until it wins you over, and it's too strong for a novice to do anything about.
I'm sure you'll get many replies warning you about the perils of the Ouija, and I'm fairly sure you'll ignore them. My advice is to research, and research some more. Study how to use the board and how to close it (there is more than one way). Most importantly, commit to memory how to close the board in any circumstance. Until you could do it almost without thought. Because you just don't know that if something really scary would happen, could you control your sense of flight long enough to do so? If you insist on using the thing, then practice closing it (without using it) with distractions going on. Because, and you'll just have to trust me on this, if something goes wrong; like items flying around, your friends screaming, your own urge to run away, you WILL be distracted. And once you've released something, the undoing of it is a lot harder.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: