You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Weird Dark Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Dark Shadow

 

This is my first story I post here, but after reading many of the ones posted, I thought someone might be able to help me figure out what we ran into in Savannah.

A couple of years ago my mum, sister and I went to Savannah for our spring break. We joined one of those ghost tours and ended up eating in the Pirate's House. Now, I know there are supposed to be ghosts of deceased pirates walking aroung there, but that is not what happened to me.

We went in for dinner in some small room and were pretty late leaving. Actually, my mum and sister waited for me in the little hallway while I went to the restroom and there was no one of the guests left, only a few staff members in the dining room (which is closed off from the hallway). When I came back my mother was taking a picture of my sister next to a pirate figure and asked me to join when she saw me.

She took out picture and when she went to check it there was a dark shade all the way up to my throat. The shade was touching nothing else and it wasn't black, you could clearly see my dress though it as if someones shadow was being cast on me. It did, however, have no real form, it was just on me, nothing else.

Now she went to take another picture because we thought it might have been our mistake and on the next about 5 pictures she took you can see the shadow slowly going down until it is all gone.

Someone had opened the door to the dining room just after mum had taken the picture, but that door was a few feet away from my sister on the other side of the statue. We checked the camera, but my dad loves cameras and this was his and perfectly taken care of. No scraches, no dirt, nothing. Mum also tried to shift her fingers thinking that she might have covered something, but she hadn't.

Do you have any idea what it could have been?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, juelchenn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BW94Bel (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
I think I read a similar story from someone who had visited Savannah. I've eaten at the Pirate House several times and have never seen a shadow, but I did take a picture of the enclosed courtyard that yielded an odd picture. I didn't see it with my own eye, but it appears as if a man is sitting/leaning against the wall. I have gone back several times to see if there was something on the wall that would cause that appearance or something that would project that image, but haven't been able to identify anything. I also have taken the same shot and not had a similar result so who knows...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Hello juelchenn, try to upload the photos. Otherwise, it will be difficult to comment further. It could be anything that might have caused the shadows while your mum was taking the photos. So, without actually seeing the pictures, it is not possible to suggest or comment.

Please do upload if you happen to get it from your family.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Hi juelchenn, I don't mean to disbelieve your account, neither do I intend to shoot it down. But as Argette said, if you have any incident to share which is directly or indirectly about something turning up in photos, you should ideally back it up with photographic evidence.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
I agree about posting photos. It really is essential to any account posted here that is about something unidentified that shows up in a photo.

I have yet to see anything in any photo that looks unusual or paranormal to me. Either the image is a real stretch, or it looks doctored.
juelchenn (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Hey, thank you for your answers.
I do not have the pictures on my computer anymore, unfortunately. I will have to see if I can have my family send them over, but I don't know if they have them.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Pictures are a difficult thing to diagnose.

Can you post it, possibly?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
juelchenn- welcome to YGS. I'm a newbie as well. When it comes to pictures it is so hard to tell what one ends up with. There are so many factors that can affect the outcome. Anything from the flash to shadows that cause curious results. It would help if you could post them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: