You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Rainbow Colored Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Rainbow Colored Woman

 

I couldn't have been but 3 years old. My parents moved us (brother 8yrs and sister 5yrs a.t.t.) into an old white 4 bedroom corner house that sat on a hill. After we got settled for sometime and the repairs by the landlord were made, in order for us to live comfortably, my sister and I shared a room. There we had a bunk bed, I had the top bunk. A door separated our room from our parents and the bathroom sat in between our brother's room from ours. We always left the light on and the bathroom door open.

I never had trouble sleeping alone until one night something woke me up. It was a soft voice I did not recognize, calling my name like a chime. I couldn't figure out where it came from, until I looked down toward the door. Our cat was sleeping in our top spot fold-up chair that sat in front of our closet. In what seemed like the same time she meowed and jumped out of the chair running into the bathroom, a figure of a woman whom I had never seen before stood in her place. I freaked out, screaming for my mom and dad. I didn't feel as though she was a bad I had just never seen anything like it before. I slept with my parents that night.

The next day I explained to my mother what I saw. She didn't seem surprized. I told her she looked like a spilled puddle of oil, like rainbow colors. The image is still stuck in my head.

I was a curious child. I asked her and the landlord if anyone had died in this house. She told me that the landlord's mother had died from a gas leak in her sleep. She told me not to worry she was just watching over me, she was a very kind spirit, and from then on if I ever saw or felt anything to say, "go into the light". I didn't take it as a joke, it made me feel at peace then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kdstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-21)
I wonder why the woman was rainbow colored? That's interesting, I've heard of just about every colour of spirit, but this is the first rainbow one.
I found it odd that you slept in the top bunk while the older sister had the bottom one. (Eh, inherited age thing for me.) Being only 3, MY mom would assume you're more likely to tumble off, so bottom bunk for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: