You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Resident Spirit May Have Been Excited For Inlaws Moving Out

Real Ghost Stories

Resident Spirit May Have Been Excited For Inlaws Moving Out

 

Its been a while since my last published experience. But rest assured a lot has happened between then and today.

June of this year my husbands brother, wife and 3 children moved in with us. Now if you have read my other stories this one should excite you a little. Before they moved in, the room they occupied was used as my childrens playroom. We found a puppy at the park two months prior and here is where the new experiences begin.

One night after weeks of relentless house training, with Juno (puppy), she had decided to sneak into the playroom. The room door was completely open and the kids and myself had a clear view of her as she went in. Thinking she went in to find one of her many toys, but just incase keeping an eye on her because she had made a habit of sneaking into the room and using it as her potty place. She had turned and sniffed towards the closet. I called to her, and no response. So a I stood up, she literally goes flying sideways across the room floor. (Wood floors). Then before I could make it to the room she gets up, and runs toward me and out the bedroom door. One of my sons, asked me "Mom did you see that?" I said yeah, and closed the door. By the way, she was trying to go number two in the room inside the closet.

After this Juno, even with snack temptation, and toy persuasion never stepped foot into that room since.

Now moving on to the inlaws.

Before they moved in, I planned carefully. Because I know the current resident (our resident spirit) is fine with us. But I truly wasn't sure how it would act with unfamiliar people.

I told our spirit, we have family coming to visit for a while, be nice please. Nothing happened, until after they decided to move on to Texas.

Three days after they moved out, this whole event occured.

Around 11:30 pm, all the kids were fast asleep in their rooms, and my husband fast asleep next to me in bed. I am always the last to fall asleep. I had decided to try to fall asleep, so I turned the t.v. Off and lay down. I closed my eyes and turned onto my side. I'm facing my bedroom door, and I'm the closest to the door. I hear footsteps, running from our hallway towards my bedroom door, and stop directly in front of it. I open my eyes, expecting to see my daughter, walking into my room.

But nothing, and then the footsteps run back towards the hallway, and abruptly stop.

I get up, and walk through our living room and into the kids bedroom, just to check on the kids to make sure they werent up playing around. But they were all fast asleep still in the exact spots and positions. I tip-toe back to my room and layback down.

The next morning, as I was helping my kids get ready for school, their basketball starts rolling across our living room floor and stops abruptly, in front of the fireplace. Now mind you, all of my kids were inside my bedroom with me patiently waiting on me to brush their hair. My son and I clearly watch this ball do this, and we both sat in silence excited this happened right in front of us.

So my oldest son said "Mom I heard something last night." So I aksed him what. He told me, "I heard heavy footsteps, running from your room, run into the bathroom, turn the light on, and close the door. But when I sat up to look to see who it was, the bathroom door was open and the light wasn't on."

So I calmly told him, "It was our ghost. Probably had to use the bathroom." He laughed and said, "yeah probably."

Ok so those are only a few experiences. I have many more, just didn't want to write so many into one. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chammess (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
spiritwaiting,

HI! Newbie here! Love the stories! Best wishes! Take care! ❤ 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
Hey everyone! Sorry its been a very busy year for me. The passing of my great gma in one of my stories, and her son my grandfather passimg as well. [at] Valkricry,yes she was terrified! She literally never went back into that room. [at] swimsinfire,thank you so much, I enjoy your stories as well. [at] redwolf,yes they were very good at taking on some responsiblity for her training. She was very hard headed. She got loose soon after the inlaws moved in due to our frontdoor being left open,ugh. And someone took her. [at] Elnoraemily (laughing) yes I think it came back out to play once inlaws left
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
Spiritwaiting
Have the kids been diligent in taking the puppy out or to the wee-wee pads? Just a warning the bigger the breed the longer it takes to mature and train.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
Whew! When I started reading this I thought "right that's all Spiritwaiting needs is to add a cute puppy into the mix!" Almost started tearing up as a conditioned response. Kind of cool, he's got your back about the potty training. And very thoughtfull too. Love your stories.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
Spiritwaiting,
Well, I hope it makes friends with Juno. Lol poor puppy! Can you imagine what must've flown through his head as he was shoved sideways?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-16)
Interesting that is punished the dog for trying to go to the bathroom in the house!

It feels a bit that it was exercising it's freedom once it felt comfortable again.

Interesting account, thanks for sharing!

Best wishes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: