You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Visitor From Rainbow Bridge

Real Ghost Stories

My Visitor From Rainbow Bridge

 

Today is August 20th, 2013. On this very day, two years ago, my beloved cat Tom died an untimely and horrible death like I told in my story "Tom, my brave cat"

He has come to visit many times, mostly in my dreams and I can hug him again and bury my face in the soft and silky cloud of his body. Waking up is sad and bittersweet, because I come to the realization that he is not here to touch my cheek again while looking at me with that tenderness that I have only seen in his green eyes.

A couple of times I have felt him crossing the bed and curling into the "nest" that forms behind my knees when I lay in bed on my side.

I will always miss him, but I know the thing to do is to move forwards even with the patch that I had to stick to my heart... I have found peace and am grateful for all the good things that fill my life.

But in two occasions his presence was stronger and I want to share these experiences with you today. I will break them in two little stories that hope you enjoy.

1) An Episode of Sleep Paralysis.

One night I opened my eyes but couldn't move, I was aware of my surroundings and of my husband snoring beside me, but not loud enough as to wake me up. I knew this was an episode of sleep paralysis but this knowledge didn't make me enjoy what I was feeling. It was useless to try to breath deeply and all my efforts to move one of my fingers were pointless. I knew that even the littlest sound coming from my mouth would break the hold of this horrible sensation, but once again I found myself wasting energy without any results.

But just then, one of my cats crawled onto my bed. It took its time kneading the blankets by my feet and walking beside my body. In the darkness I couldn't see which one of my three cats it was and only saw a slim silhouette waking towards my head, but when it sat on my chest its weight was all I needed to end the paralysis. I move my arms to hug my furry hero but my hands went through his body and he vanished. At that moment I knew that it was Tom who came to help me.

2) Lucky Passed the Message.

My brother-in-law, who lives about 350 km from my place, had a little dog called Lucky. They were inseparable and came to my house several times. Of course my cats wouldn't appreciate those visits and two of them (Poem and White Socks) would go to hide until Lucky was gone, but Tom would stick around keeping an eye on Lucky's every movement. More than once they engage on fights of growls and hissing. I wouldn't say that they got along but would tolerate each other from a distance.

Last June Lucky was diagnosed with doggy cancer and was given only few more months to live. We went to visit my husband's mother and brother on Canada Day (July 1st). I wanted to say good-bye to Lucky, but when we got there it was too late. My brother-in-law had put him to sleep two days earlier because he was in constant pain and discomfort.

I got sad not being able to see Lucky again, but decided to walk on the yard and talk to Lucky thinking that he could be still around. I asked him that if he saw Tom to tell him how much I miss him.

We spent the night in my mother-in-law's place. I was ready to go to sleep and put away the book I was reading and turn offed the light. At that moment I felt the familiar 17 pounds of Tom's weight falling on the left corner of the bed by my feet, just the way he used to do it while alive. I smiled and said, "Thanks, Lucky, for passing my message!"

Other hauntings by lady-glow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lady-glow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
Lovely Lady, Oh my goodness, I needed more than one tissue reading this beautiful encounter of Tom you've had. It's so sad he's no longer with you, but as much as they hissed and meowed, Tom and Lucky have each other in the next realm, which hopefully will bring you comfort.
00786 (3 stories) (9 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-12)
I felt really nice to read your story and I can very well feel you as I have also lost my pet Coco. It's been 2 years but not even a single day passes by without thinking of her. She was with me only for 8 months but felt me with everlasting memories of joy. In this world no one can replace anyone else
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-20)
Hi Tweed,Lealeigh.

Wow,I thought I was alone, it's good to hear there are others out there who do the same, I don't feel that crazy after all 😊

Cheers!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-19)
Hello Daz, Lady-glow and Tweed,

Nope, I'm not afraid of Sleep Paralysis either. It actually doesn't happen enough. This is going to sound childish, maybe, but I am stuck in a very repetitive routine in my life. Same stuff; different day.

I have had sleep paralysis so many times in my life that I know exactly what's going on. If I can go back into the dream without waking up, I can use the sleep paralysis to "fly away" from all of this for a few minutes.

It usually vastly improves my attitude during the day.

- Maria
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-19)
Hi Ladyglow and Daz,

Just chiming in about SP, I thought I was the only one here who actually enjoyed it. Great to know there are others. It hardly ever happens to me but when it does I find it fascinating. Stuck between dream world and physical world, champion.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-18)
ladyGlow

Reverse psychology with a true passion of will, I'm with you all the way on that one ladyGlow, btw, interesting account, animals do cross over and stay very connected to their loved ones, I would probably suspect your spirit guide may have lend a hand in helping Tom find his way into your situation on all off those accounts?... Nice story, my beloved little Jack Russel passed away a few years back, I'm not as lucky as you, however, my spirit guide has informed me, our little Ruby is safe and in the hands of my departed loved ones.

I do consider my bouts of S.P as a blessing because they have offered me so much enlightenment in the sense of how to handled fear.

I used to wish them upon myself, basically for the desire of research, so you are not alone with your remark, although for different reasons as to why... I have no doubt fear alone, is the subliminal factor that instigates Sleep paralysis on most accounts. If you can train yourself to let go of the fear it vanishes instantly.

I do feel sorry for so many folk here who don't understand how easy it is to overcome S.P, especially when you have the tools to train your thought processes differently. Even more sorry when they go down the road of believing their under attack from a demon. If one believes in demons, they'll believe in the one, don't give those accounts any oxygen!

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-18)
aussiedaz.

Thanks for answering my questions. It seems to me that many things you say reflect my beliefs and way of thinking though, I have to admit, I'm really bad at putting my thoughts into words.

Your post about overcoming sleep paralysis by not fearing it is very interesting; in my opinion, fear is an obstacle when it comes to learning something new.

Through my life, I have experienced SP enough times as to know that it will pass after a short time, if I remember correctly, the events I narrate in this current post were the last time I had one episode of SP. Since then, I have been almost yearning to wake up in an immobilized condition in the hopes to see if my cat will come to save me again!

I wonder if I'm the only one who longs to have one of these terrifying experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Serenflipppity - thanks for reading my Tom's stories.

I'm very sorry to hear you haven't found out what happened to your cat, he sounds like a very funny and very special fur-baby and I'm sure he still keeps an eye on you, in that silent and discrete way cats only know. I hope one day he decides to show himself to you in a more evident manner.

When Tom was alive, he wouldn't touch his food until someone told him some sweet words. I usually feed my cats around the time the family is having supper and, if for some reason I forgot to tell him something nice, he would come to remain me clawing my butt trough the chair's spindles!
Needless to say, I wouldn't tell him anything nice but I had to say it in a sweet voice otherwise he would not eat.

Still, I miss my cat very much. 😢
Serenflipppity (guest)
+4
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
You lucky soul, lady-glow. Apart from hearing my tom's distinctive yolly yolly yolly face-off cry, I haven't had the privilege of feeling his presence or anything. I presently have four cats and I guess he's thinking I'm well looked after so he doesn't have to leave the catnip comforts of kitty heaven.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-10-04)
Hi lady-glow, your Tom stories made me teary; so sad, yet so lovely. He reminds me of a feral cat who befriended my husband's older brother. Sebastian used to lurk in the tree near the front gate to pounce on the neighbour's Doberman. Right on the poor dog's rump with claws digging in - this is my spot, rrr-eow!

I love it that Tom comes back to visit on occasion. He's still watching over his human. Nice.
roylynx (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Oh my, I am crying now.
Henrique is with a pet nanny now since I am in my office.
I really wish Aurora would be here again, I had to apologize to her so badly.
She never haunts or visit us like Tom does but Henrique would look at a distance where we see nothing, could he be communicating with Aurora?
Recently, my friend's Chihua-dle (Chihuahua and Poodle mix) passed away. He (or she?) used to play around with Aurora, and Aurora sees him as another kid other than Henrique. Do you think he can do the same thing after Aurora has passed away for a while? (its nearly 1 year)

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Jaxrox41310 (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
Beautiful story Lady-glow! Reading your Tom stories brought tears to my eyes! ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
mrfknbee: thanks for reading my stories.
No, I do not work at the hospital any more and, to this day, still wonder if what I felt entering that room was the lady's spirit refusing to get hurt again; perhaps she still was not aware of her own death. 😕

I was born and grew up in Mexico, but many years ago I moved to Canada after marrying a wonderful Canadian man. 😁
mrfknbee (39 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
Hi lady glow I have read all three of your stories and find them really interesting especially the hospital experience and have you came to a conclusion about it/do you still work there. Also I noticed your first story is based in Mexico and second in Canada.
All the best
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hi lady-glow, that was a wonderful account about Tom and about Lucky. Yes, even animals do have love towards us and reciprocate our affection towards them. As I said earlier in some other stories, love goes beyond the realm of life and death and that applies not only to human beings but also animals.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Welcome back, Stephy! So glad to see you again. I think that's 50. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
stephy, stephy, stephy 😆 - welcome back... For now 😉 I wondered if you'd sense this one was here. Glad you did 😊
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+7
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
I popped in to read a few stories (I'm bored at work, what can I say) and yours was the first I read. I realized I had heard about Tom before and discovered that the last time I came on to YGS was when you posted your first Tom story, which drew me to comment as a guest. Now that I popped in again, and was drawn to your story (I didn't even realize it was your story, the title drew me in), I'm taking it as a weird sign, and decided to reactivate my account... For now. 😉
Its so nice to hear an update on Tom. I re-read the first story about him, and once again was horrified on what happened to him. I am so glad that he seems to be without pain, and visiting you, and even helping you. As a person who lost a pet, I really love hearing these stories about them coming back to stay with or visit their people. Russian blue cats are very loyal to their people, and really don't like change, so its no surprise he's not letting a little thing like death break his routine. 😊 Thank you for sharing!
kv_ilmi (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
I liked this story! Becouse I have my cat (Mangal) and Dog (Sheru). Thanks:-)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
[at] lady-glow, heartwarming and this made me smile through such a stressful day. It's nice to know there's another fellow animal lover on here. How awesome is it that Lucky came to you!? Love this experience! ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Lady-glow: beautiful encounter <3
Growing up I have had all sorts of animals as pets, and they are truly wonderful beings. I had a bearded dragon once and she was the sweetest thing. I made this mini platform for her to bask on, and after she passed away I took a picture of the platform and caught her orb! I will upload it once I know how? Lol... Thanks again. And r.i.p dear TOM
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Awe, it's always good hearing stories like this one! At least you still have your loyal cat, even in the afterlife. Cats are seriously the best companions for anyone.
Thanks for sharing this! 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
That was soooooo sweet. ALL the Lady cat stories are heart warmers.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
lady-glow,
What a bitter sweet experience you've opted to share. Cats and dogs are wondrous creatures, if you ask me, I think they actually embody the best attributes of human kind. Like Aishling, I agree Tom must have had a particular love for you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
lady-glow - I've been deleting the troll comments from ConfederaGhost off other member's stories, especially new members, but I figure you can handle yourself 😉 😆 If you want the comments deleted, we'll be more than happy to, or if they get to be too unacceptable, we'll do it regardless, but right now I figure this one's not too bad and it's directed at Aishling and she's quite capable of ignoring him too 😆
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Aaawwwhhhh! This story made me cry! And smile! Which I don't usually do at the same time! Cats are my favourite and I love your Tom stories so much. I think one of mine visited me before and I'm hoping the rest do when they go. I want to keep them with me forever! You were obviously a great owner and he loved you or he wouldn't bother coming back, he is a cat after all, they only go where they're treated like royalty 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: