You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The White Shadow

 

I was awoken by the storm that night. The thunder was so loud and lighting so bright. I got up to get some water and came back to bed, while covering myself I realized the hallway light was on. I was getting out of bed to turn it off when I saw that it turned off by itself. I got scared but thought the lights just went out because of the storm.

I got back into bed covering myself. I heard my closet door open so I looked at my closet, seeing something white, like a shadow, come out of it and walking to the end of my bed. Watching it, it was going around my bed then back into my closet. I got scared and went into my brother's room and the same thing happened, except I didn't pay attention to it to not be afraid.

The next morning my mother was cleaning. Something was moving the broom and mop from her. She didn't realize it because she thought it was her misplacing it. She then realized it and got scared.

My mom wanted to move but I didn't let her. We still are living in the house but are planning to move. There's to many unexplainable activities and we just can't stand it anymore. We are very scared. My nephew plays with the "white shadow" thinking it's his friend. I'm thinking it isn't dangerous but my mom says it is... That's why we are moving and leaving the place alone.

Ever since then, things are still scary in my house. Things play with my mom, my nephew, and myself. Thinking I would of gotten use to it I haven't. I'm still scared of it.

~ Esther, 14 years old.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unique_esthercx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Niri (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-04)
I personally think it was very kind, that someone helped you to turn the light off to save you trouble. I hope you don't get it as harassing. 😜 Personally all those, that some call 'White Shadows' are kind, and I very Love Them, and of course Others too, though some of 'Dark' seem to try being unkind. I don't think them to be 'Banshee', but nevermind that. Personally at least try to honour anyone. You also shall have 'feeling' concerning certain Being intentions, but don't jump into 'so scary' mode. Especially your younger sibling playing with 'White Shadow'. I wouldn't be affraid nor troubled with it. ❤
Don't be scared, please. If You see Them once again think of it as of some kind of magic, that makes life more exciting. 😊
Some people would also find helpful to wear some kind of protective stone with Them, if you're still affraid.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Hi Unique_esthercx! I think the white shadow could be a Banshee. It is a fairy woman and in some culture, if banshee begins to wail, someone is about to die.

With regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Interesting. I always wondered what's with the closet phenomenon. They do, in many cases seem to work as a portal... And that's why mine's always closed 😭
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
It does not seem to wish harm on anyone.

This starts bizarrely the same as Eva's Stormy Night with Angels story.

I am a little confused by the fact that you said you didn't let your family move, but you are moving. That seems a bit disjointed.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I can't tell you how to feel or how not to however I wouldn't be afraid of it. It seems harmless and maybe just wanted some company. Since your mom is planning on moving anyway, just be careful that it doesn't follow you. Some ghosts are attached to places, some to people. If it does follow, please let us know!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: