You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Body Parts Moving By Itself

Real Ghost Stories

Body Parts Moving By Itself

 

Hey everyone. This is my first story and I'm looking forward to reading the comments.

This started about a year ago and since then it has happened really often. I live in Pretoria, South Africa. I'm 16 at the moment.

The night it started was after I read a story on this site when I was in my bed ready to go to sleep. It was around 23:30. Then after about 20 minutes (I have insomnia - so I take awhile to fall asleep) individual limbs started to move by itself without me actually doing anything.

I tried lifting up my leg but it couldn't even move. When I stopped trying to lift it up, it just lifted up by itself and I had no idea what was going on. But weirdly enough I could lift my head up to see what's happening around me, and I felt my arm lifting up and I wasn't doing anything.

What was really weird for me is that I had my hands in the form of a fist and whatever "it" is opened my fist up as I tried resisting but it just kept on opening up my fist. After that it stopped for a few minutes.

Then I remembered reading a story on this site where the guy that wrote it said something about asking yes / no questions in your head and ask the entity to lift up one of your arms as a reply to the question. I asked it to lift up a arm if it can understand what I'm saying. Then seconds after it started lifting my right arm up. Then I totally freaked out. But at least it stopped for that night.

Since then it happened almost every night around midnight. I think it's haunting me specifically and not where I live because the same happens when I sleep over at a friend's house.

If you know anything about what this can possibly be, please comment to give me advice or if you just feel like commenting go ahead.

Thanks to the people that read my story and to the site for letting me submit my story.

Other hauntings by spookie1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookie1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

feihung1986 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-01)
Hi, I call this channelling. I have this researched by my own, hopefully it helps. 😁
Https://enkipendragon.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/metaphysics-spirituality-channelling-telepathy-and-meditation/
savagepotato (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
No problem, elnoraemily, glad to assist in any way possible
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Thanks for the cleanse, Savage!

I had one more question more I flutter away. Are you on any sort of medication that lists tardive dyskinesia as a possible side effect?
savagepotato (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
This here is copied and pasted directly from his bio

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method

Recipe for aHome Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aromafill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take aWhite candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments thenvisualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create ashield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you insteadof your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
savagepotato (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Spooky, if you go to my story, he is one of the commentors, if you click on his name it will take you to his profile. And his bio contains a cleansing ritual.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Thanks... Where can I ask Rook about the cleansing? I think it is a good idea to do that
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
I would try to do a cleansing/blessing of your house and yourself, then, and see if that solves the issue. Sleep issues can be stupidly complicated, especially if the cause is hiding.

Rook on this site has an interesting cleansing that several have used, if you are interested.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
Hello Elnoraemily 😁

I did as you said and went to check with my doctor. And he said there is nothing wrong with me and nothing that shows that I could possibly have seizures. I have to admit I am very sceptical and did reasearch on this after I went to go see my doctor 2 days ago and the only explination I can think of is some kind of entity is moving the bodyparts.

Regards
Spookie1 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
spookie - I don't think I've ever spoken of this on here, and probably will never go into any detail, but I have also experienced my arms/hands and legs moving by themselves. This was several years ago and I've never, exactly, figured out what caused it. It wasn't seizures or anything medically related, that I do know. But what it was, I don't.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
I am going to sort of echo sushantkar. Some nerve disorders can cause minor seizures in the body and be triggered by things like laying down or standing up. If it's a muscle or nerve that is seizing, you would have completely control of your mind and upper body in that case. I would check with your doctor, just in case.

However, you can try stretching and massaging your limbs before bed for 15-30 minutes and see if that helps any and make sure that it's not something as simple as some extra kinetic energy trying.

It is always best to rule out 100% of all earthly causes with a Doctor in cases like these.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
Hello sushantkar 😊

Thank you for the comment... But I don't think that I'm suffering from seisures because, you see this happened almost every night... As soon as I went to bed around the same time every day. And I could still control my head.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Hello spookie1! Let me tell you that your body parts were moved because you might me suffering from Seizures.
This can cause dramatic, noticeable symptoms or even no symptoms at all. The symptoms of a seizure are often widely recognized, including movement, shacking or even loss of control over lymphatic movement. I came to this point because you have mentioned that you have insomnia and maybe your body was bit restless.
It would be unfair to connect the whole incident with paranormal or supernatural activity.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: