You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Man In The Bathtub

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Bathtub

 

When I was two years old, my mother used to set me on the counter in the bathroom while she did her makeup and hair to keep an eye on me in the mornings. She said I often liked to make faces in the mirror and giggle at myself, like a normal toddler. However, one morning, she said I was looking into the mirror which was opposite of the bathtub, and I smiled and pointed into the mirror, which reflected the opposite side of the room. She asked me what I was pointing at and I replied, "There's a man in the bathtub!" This didn't alarm her because as she could see there was no other person in the bathroom except for us. Besides, a two year old has an active imagination. She thought nothing of it until sometime later.

Two years later, when I was four and my younger brother was two, my mother had my brother in the bathroom with her. He sat on the counter like I had before only he didn't often look in the mirror. He would play with my mom's makeup brushes or powders while she was doing her makeup and hair. One day, while sitting on the counter, he dropped the brush he had been playing with and started giggling. My mom asked him why he was laughing, noticing that he was staring directly behind her.

"Mama, there's a man in the bathtub," he said, pointing to the part of the room behind her. My mother instantly froze in horror, recalling the time I had mentioned this thing to her two years prior. She turned around, expecting to find a person standing behind her, but found nothing. She is convinced to this day that children are able to see things that adults can no longer see, and my brother and I saw the ghost of a man who had passed away in the house from a heart attack years before we moved in. However, before hearing this story, for some reason every time I was in the bathroom I had to have the shower curtain open because of a never ending feeling of being watched.

Other hauntings by reneemarie29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reneemarie29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Was he dressed in like a suit? Did he have any facial features? Do know what his ethnic group was? I'm just trying to get better picture of the man. Did he ever speak?
reneemarie29 (4 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
My brother and I described him as an older male. My mother never actually saw the man, but what we said did give her the chills.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
Renemarie29,
Did your mom ever see the man in the bathtub?
What did the man in the bathtub look like?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-16)
Even considering how he died, that is absolutely terrifying for me! At least he's a friendly one =)
reneemarie29 (4 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
My mother said both my brother and I described him as an older man, however, we did not see him as a threat of any sort. I don't personally recall the incident, but like I said, I have always needed the curtain pulled back while in the bathroom. I'm not sure why that it is, but it may be because I somehow remember the man. I didn't mention this, but while living in that house, I used to have dreams of a male African American man standing behind the curtain in this bathroom. His eyes appeared to be foggy, like that of a blind person, and his face was always expressionless. I had this dream several times before moving out of this house. I do not know if it at all relates to this older male my brother and I saw, but I do remember the dreams rather vividly. All I know is that a man passed away from a heart attack in the house, but I'm not sure of the location of his passing. I think the real estate agent told my parents this back when they bought the house in the early 90's. I do recall there being one more incident in the house, where I heard footsteps in our living room walking in circles, and every time I went to investigate the noise, the footsteps would stop. However, I don't really remember anything else unusual about the house. Hope this helps!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
There must have been a lot of water from the curtain being open 😆 but I digress. Interesting you and your brother saw it. Wonder if other things had happened and your mom wrote them off, thanks for sharing!
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
You mention that a previous owner (?) had died of a heart attack. Is that something you know for a fact? I wonder whether he might have died in the bathtub. Is there any way you could do more research on that? I'm assuming that neither you nor your brother can actually recall the incident, and have only learned of it from your mother. It would have been interesting if you could have remembered anything about what he looked like...age, etc... And see whether it had any correlation to the guy who died there.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
Hi, reneemarie29 Welcome to YGS... Simply a scary story. I can understand your fear. I am wondering why he is seen only in bathtub. Do you still see him?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: