You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bathtub Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Bathtub Ghost

 

I had never experienced anything paranormal before, but I wouldn't say, at the time, I was a diehard skeptic either. I always wanted to believe there was life after death, there's just no validation of it. Until something you cannot explain happens to you.

I was over my friends house one night, there were five of us. Just a normal Sat. Night... So I thought. At the time Wii had just come out and we were all playing it in my friend's basement. I went upstairs to get myself a drink. At that time, I also figured well since I'm up here I might as well use the bathroom too. I walked down the hallway, and it was then, I felt that I was no longer alone. Just an eerie feeling I was being watched. I got to the bathroom and I had never done this before, but I actually pulled the shower curtain open to look inside. NOTHING. I did my business, washed my hands, and turned the light off. As soon as I stepped out into the hall I heard the shower curtain move. I was freaked out knowing I was the only "person" in the bathroom. I didn't have the courage or the will-power to turn on the light. All I did was turn my head and I saw a dark entity. The shadow figure appeared to be in a sitting position in the bathtub with the shower curtain pushed out as if it was watching me leave.

When I rejoined my friends in the basement I couldn't talk. This has never happened to me before and I didn't even know where to begin. What would they think? Would they think I'm crazy, should I even tell them? Did that even really just happen? My mind was running like wild fire. Someone finally said, "Erica are you ok? You look like you just seen a ghost." I'm not lying. I finally asked my friend Dan "Is your house haunted?" He said "yeah maybe why". Then that's when I explained my story to them.

It doesn't end there. My friend Amanda had to use the bathroom and she didn't want to go alone. So I went with her and she made me turn the light on to make sure everything was ok. I turned the light on and the shower curtain was still pushed open just how I had seen it, but the entity was no longer present. It wasn't pulled open from the side, like how I did it. It was very distinct as if someone was on the inside of the bathtub and had pushed the curtain outward! My friends and I couldn't believe our eyes. It was somewhat relieving that I wasn't crazy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eberkhols, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

welshgirl88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
well renee...

"spelled" is wrong... It's "spelt"

Just thought I would help you with that since you are correcting everyone else.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
The entity that contacted your mum definetly seems intelligent. If you don't feel threatened I'm sure it was just looking for somebody to acknowledge it's presence. I wonder if you start using the yellow bathroom, if the spirit will stay?

God Bless.
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Here's the story that happened to my mom.

It was early in the morning, and I was getting ready for work. I left around 10:00 am, and my mother was up watching TV. I mentioned before how I have two bathrooms. We call them the blue and yellow bathrooms. The blue bathroom it the bigger bathroom that everyone uses regularly, that's the bathroom that the faucet turns on. Then there's the yellow bathroom that is connected to my family room. We don't use the yellow bathroom quite as much. And we never shower in it. No particular reason we just don't.

Well my mom was watching TV and she heard a knocking noise comming from the yellow bathroom. She started talking to it. (knowing that our house was some what active) She asked this entity if it would knock again, and it did. She went closer to the bathroom and asked if it would knock again for her, and it did a second time. She claims the noise was comming from inside the shower. She asked one last time to knock and it did again. (So now I assume its an intelligent ghost). My mother then said ok you can stop knocking now and it stopped. We don't feel threatened by this ghost at all. Maybe it just wants someone to acknowledge its presence. I know ghosts hide out in places that are less active by humans & the yellow shower is a place we never go into. The whole situation is interesting to me.

I don't know if this entity is connected to the ghost at my friends house. But that whole experience freaked me out. I mean who wants to be watched by a dark entity when their going to the bathroom. I feel that the entity at my house just likes to make its presence known at times.
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Thanks again for your comments! I enjoy reading everyones feedback.

To my recollection I personally haven't had encounters at my house before. It's possible that it may have followed me or it could be a different entity. I just find it peculiar that it has all occured after the "incident" at my friends.

And as for the FAUCET running, I have lived in my house all my life & never once had a problem with it turning on by its self. For instance say it was because of the pressure, any things possible, but how long does it take for the pressure to kick back on. When it happened to me I came home to an empty quiet house and the members of my family were all at school and work too. The house was empty for at least an hour. The faucet was on full throttle. Lets hope its not a ghost playing tricks.
bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
it could be possible that the shadow figure followed you home. I agree with book luver, it could have been curious about you.
Something to think about. Guess from watching Ghost Hunters, the faucet sometimes do turn on themselves. Sometimes the pressure of it being turned off tightly, could have caused the water faucet to turn on. Like I said, just something to think about.

Good luck... And you are not crazy... I would have freaked out and ran down the stairs... Forget about turning on or off the lights... Lol
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Hey eberkhols and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I loved your story and it's a very terrifying experience for anyone. I just have one confusio, that how can the encounter you had in your friend's house make encounters happen in your house? Maybe it was just a coincidence or that entity followed you. Before your encounter in your friend's house, did you have any encounter's at your house? If not, then maybe the entity followed you. The stories you said in your comment are unbelievable! Don't worry, even I have had encounters with running faucets. Oh and I'd really like to know the encounter which happened to your mom, if you don't mind telling. Thanks and best of luck!

Biemaster 😁
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Sorry reneespring for spelling FAUCET wrong. I was just in the moment & I didn't spell check my words. Maybe you should do less criticizing & post a comment that would actually help. Just thought I'd help you with that.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
That is really scary. That has freaked me out! You should tell your friends. 😊

Princess123 x ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
I hears People some kill themselves in the tub or some Drowned in the tub by force or some just have their reason to be in the tub cause being in the bath tub is comftable to be in it though, I mean some people love to take a bath and relax for that but the simple to those souls.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
You spelled FAUCET wrong. It is NOT spelled, fosset, but FAUCET. Just thought I'd help you with that.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
That is weird. Maybe it's the same spirit that has attached itself to your family and their bathrooms.
I'm not sure about the evil spirits and bathrooms theory, I haven't heard that before.
I would love to hear the experience your mum had. Feel free to let us know.

God Bless.
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Like I said before that was my first ghost experience. The weird thing about it is ever since that happened, weird things have been happening in my bathroom at home. For instince I just got done taking a shower and I had the towel wrapped around me and as soon as I went to open the door; the door knob shook as if someone wanted to come in. I thought maybe it was one of my family members, but I opened the door and nobody was there.

Then one day I came home from school. My dog always meets me at the door so I put my bags down and pet her. The house was quiet then all in a sudden I heard the bathroom sink turn on. I thought it was my sister brushing her teeth or something. I had to use the bathroom so I used the other one. When I finished I noticed the fosset was still running. I went to the other bathroom to say hi to my sister and to my amazement the light was off and she wasn't there. No one was home. It was just me and the dog. I knew when I got home the house was quite. No appliences were on not even a TV.

My brothers girlfriend had experienced the same thing before I did with the running fosset. They just thought someone left it running, but just recently the same thing happened to my sister when she was home alone.

I also heard that evil spirits are the only ones that make them selves known in the bathroom. I don't know if that's true or not, but if anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

There was one other experience my mom had. But my comment is already really long. If you would like to hear it let me know but that's all I have to say for now.

Thank you for your comments!
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
I'm sure your friends wouldn't have thought you were crazy. I'm glad you weren't the only one to see the curtain the way it was though.
I think the entity was curious about you. You most likely walked in when it was taking a shower? I don't think anybody would be happy if somebody did that. 😉
Let us know if anything more happens.

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Hey, don't ever think that your friends would ever call you crazy. You are who you are. 😊
I think the ghost was curious to who you are. Until more happens we can't be sure. If anything happens tell us we are here to listen. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: