You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What's Haunts Our Bathtub?

Real Ghost Stories

What's Haunts Our Bathtub?

 

We moved into our house in 2001. It was a nice little house with two bedrooms, a kitchen, laundry room and pantry, two bathrooms and a living room. It wasn't fancy just ordinary and had four and a half acres of land that went with it which we rented to a local man to plant his corn on for his cows and to mow for hay as well. We had only been married for around 6 months when we bought the place so we were just starting out. The house was built in 1952 but was actually part of an older place back in the 1800's and had been divided up and the separate tracts had been sold off to other buyers. In short, the whole road we lived on had at one time been part of a bigger place. A plantation. The original plantation home was still in existence and behind our house we were living in now, but time and vegetation had hidden it from view. The realtor showed it to us when we bought our house. It definitely is not liveable tho so we didn't try to fix it up but it was amazing to look at and imagine what it must have been like. This particular story doesn't take place in the old plantation house however.

My husband would often get home late so I would be home by myself a lot. The house did not have a creepy feel to it but there were noises that I couldn't believe I was hearing. They started with water running from the bathtub faucet and when I would go to investigate I wouldn't see anything but I would hear it loudly. First water hitting the bottom of the tub, then water splashing on water as the tub quickly filled, then even more disturbing:frantic splashing around as if there was a struggle taking place and I could hear the water sloshing out of the tub soaking the floor. But I saw nothing. Not one thing. This freaked me out but I kept it to myself and each time it happened it was always the same way. I even went so far as to put my hands in the tub while this was going on. It was completely dry. To say I was terrified is an understatement. These occurrences only happened when I was there alone. I began to wonder if I wasn't loosing my mind.

Then one Saturday morning I got confirmation that I was in fact sane and something else was going on. My friend Mia (name changed) was over having coffee and chatting. I'd just found out I was pregnant and was so happy. We were talking about pregnancy and she was telling me about hers when it started. The water began to splash. Mia immediately stopped talking and looked at me and said,"I didn't know Rick was here."

"He isn't. Why?" I told her. She opened her mouth as if she were going to speak, but she then closed it. She took a drink of her coffee and ignored my question.

The water was louder now and filling the tub, slashing out full force. I wanted to run into the bathroom and look but I stayed put waiting to see if Mia had heard it. I just knew she had but I needed to hear her say it.

"What's with the water?" She finally asked. I shook my head but I didn't say anything. Mia got up from the table and walked down the hall almost tiptoeing. By now it sounded as if there was a frantic struggle going on in the bathtub. When Mia reached the door the tub was visible from the doorway. I knew it would be empty and the sound of the water hitting the floor was unmistakable. Mia stared down at the bathtub with huge eyes. Then it was over. We looked at each other and I knew she'd heard it finally.

Mia dashed back to the kitchen and I followed her. "What was that?" She asked. I wanted to hug her so bad right then. "I don't know I answered, but it's gone on ever since we moved in." Her eyes got wider and she asked, "Does Rick know?" I shook my head. I told her how it never happens when he's there only me. I was used to it by now it'd been months. A daily occurrence too and usually around the same time 8:35 am.

Mia and I finally finished our coffee and she calmed down enough to talk about what had happened. She convinced me to do some research on the house which she gladly agreed to help with. I think she became more fascinated than scared like I was. There weren't any cold spots or bad vibes or negative feelings so we weren't scared by it.

What we learned was that two previous families had lived there. The first was a middle aged couple with grown children. Their last name was Stone. They moved and sold the house. The second couple who bought it were the Malone's. They had a little girl. She went missing at three years old according to old microphish records at the library. That was in 1963. The Malone's moved shortly after their daughter's disappearance and I couldn't find out where they went or what happened to their little girl. As far as I could find out tho she hasn't been found at least not around here. Mia and I both have our suspicions about what happened to her tho. We believe she drowned, either accidentally or with some help, but it can't be proven however.

I've read that when something terrible happens it leaves a trace on the environment around it in some way. Mia and I both believe their daughter is trying to tell us something. It's scary yes, but more sad to me than scary. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostofme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostofme (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
Thank you MrRiggs and AgustaM I am strongly considering the idea of a medium and trying to communicate with her as well. If she was murdered and buried she needs to be found and given a proper burial and her killers brought to trial and justice. If it was accidental and her parents panicked and buried her she still needs to be found and buried properly and not just forgotten.

Bart43 Yes my husband knows and while he has not experienced it as of yet there have been other occurrences involving our children. I have only experienced the bathtub incident and always at 8:35 am.

Publicways I'm going to post audio and video recordings of the bathtub and of other things that I have recorded using a nanny cam while we are not home. I have only experienced the bathtub incident but our children have had other experiences.

Ann4shadow, Jubeele, and lady-glow thanks for the advice and yes I do plan to cleanse and bless the house but I'm a little bit scared of doing it at the same time before I really know what's happening with her. I'm afraid it will make her leave before we find out the truth. That probably sounds bad I know and I don't mean for it too but I just would like for there to be a resolution before I send her on her way. And yes lady-glow the tub is original and old with claw feet. We have not replaced anything really just repainted and did general maintenance but nothing drastic.

Thank you all for reading my story and for the suggestions I'm sorry I'm replying to all of you at once but I couldn't figure out how to reply to each of you separately. 😊
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
As someone who has worked in law enforcement in the past, and who also happens to have a bit of a psychic gift, I'm offering a suggestion.

If you can manage it, bring in a psychic medium. A good one should be able to read the residual of an act of violence. As a medium, they should be able to communicate with the spirit of the child. As other folks have noted, it may be possible to have the child cross over.

This sounds like murder to me, though it may have been an accident. A child lost in an accident should have been documented and, perhaps, remembered locally. Murder is likely to have been hidden.

If the body is found it might be possible to recover DNA. DNA can be checked against a database or existing family members. That could lead to an investigation and possible prosecution if the perpetrator is still alive.

A medium might be able to determine the identity of the killer. That information may not be admissible in court, but could be valuable to persons involved with the case.

If you should get a grave location do not dig it up. Get the police who can secure the scene and provide forensic specialists. They may locate clues helpful to prosecution.

Best of luck.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Sad to hear of the disintegrating plantation house - those old buildings are so beautiful - and the little girl as well. Too bad performing a proper search of the property for the body would be difficult - you would need access to GPR to even make it feasible. In situations where a child has been killed (accidentally or otherwise) the bodies are often concealed at the home somewhere on property. Maybe on a calm (brave) day when the noises start up, you could meditate and ask her where she is - maybe call your friend over and ask her to do it with you - finding her might be the only way her soul will find peace.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Hi. I know how you feel. Same thing used to happen to my wife when she's alone. Hearing disturbing noises. And it all stops when I'm around. Its like, am I goin' insane or what? Did your husband knows what's happening now? Is there anything else happens or is it just in the bath?
publicways (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
Please post a sound recording of the water splashes (should be easy since they happen so othen). It would help us to determine what's happening with your tub sir.
Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
Hello Ghostofme,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I truly hope you are able to maybe help the little spirit find peace. I believe she really is trying to share her story of what happened to her.

If you do a cleansing or other ritual that does help the child and the haunting stops I would be very grateful to hear about it. Welcome and Be well.
Ann
😊
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-02)
Hi Ghostofme, I find accounts involving lost child spirits unbearably sad. I wonder if some hauntings that draw attention are actually calls for help when they appear to those with openness in their hearts and minds.

Your experience does sound like a residual as the occurrence follows a routine and there's no interaction with either yourself or Mia. As you don't feel anything "creepy" about the house and nothing threatening has happened, then it's likely that there's no ill intent behind it.

I agree with your suspicions as to what may have happened to that poor little girl. It will probably remain a mystery - but I believe that Life and the Universe have infinite ways of balancing the scales.

The advice from lady-glow is a good one should you wish to proceed: cleanse/shield or bless the house. Afterwards, it would be good if you could somehow help the spirit move on. Have a religious leader or spiritual adviser of your choice conduct prayer sessions or whatever rituals as they suggest.

I wish you well and welcome to YGS.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-02)
Welcome to YGS.

I find your experience to be fascinating and sad.

Something that you don't mention in your narrative is if the bathtub is an original fixture of the house or if it has been changed at some point.

"I've read that when something terrible happens it leaves a trace on the environment around it in some way..."

This is called a residual haunting, in which the spirit/s repeat the same action and do not interact with the living - it doesn't mean these experiences are not scary, but they mean no harm.

Have you tried to cleanse or blessed your house according to your personal beliefs? Perhaps getting a new bathtub would stop the activity, but it would be better to try to help the spirit, if any, to cross over.

You can start by trying the cleansing and shielding method of one of the members of the forum, explained in the following link:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: