You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Drawing In Ashes

Real Ghost Stories

Drawing In Ashes

 

I was very hesitant to submit a story but my last experience was very bizarre and I would like share to see if I can get some answers.

Let me start by telling you a little about myself. I am a single mom of 5 ranging from 23 years old to 13 years old. They have all had experiences in the past (my 2 boys like to pretend it never happened, it scares them). We have seen things like a kitchen cabinet that flew off the wall, Christmas trees being slammed to the ground, very loud knocking on bedroom doors, missing things in the house, along with lots of other little experiences (someone CONSTANTLY touches my hair). These things have happened over a 20 year span. I have moved 4 times over the past 20 years so I don't believe its the house, I believe its something following me.

Drawing In Ashes

The most recent and strangest happened in our sunroom at our new house. I am a smoker. I smoke outside and keep my ashtray in the sun room. It was early one morning I brought my coffee outside with me. I noticed in the sunroom the ashtray was on the floor standing right side up. Next to it was a pile of ashes I am assuming came from the ashtray. But like I said the ashtray was NOT tipped over. In the ashes there was a design drawn. Nothing familiar just an odd design of swirls. I asked my kids one by one and they all said they didn't do it. They know about the things that have happened in the past and they take it very seriously. About 4 weeks later it happened again on my sunroom table. Same situation, ashtray standing straight up, pile of ashes next to it with a drawing. This time there were no children around. They were visiting their dad's relatives 1200 miles away. I was the only one home.

I know this might not sound very paranormal to some people but I do have a picture. I tried searching the internet for anything similar and haven't found anything. Thought maybe if I put it out there maybe someone would have a clue.

Thank you for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tking11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cherilee (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-03)
Hi there.
I don't know your religious convictions, nor do I wish to push any on you, but it seems to me like it might be trying to tell you that you don't need to be so hard on yourself that you choose smoking as a stress release.
There is infinite life in the Fish;)

Hope this helps...
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-08)
Instead of resetting a story's date when I get to add a photo, which seems to confuse people, I'll just leave a comment that a photo was added, like this: a photo was added.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
tking,
You say this has been going on for the past 20 years? Think back, did something happen around the time you first noticed something was going on? It could provide a clue as to what you are dealing with. You might have picked up something from a yard sale/thrift store, or been given a gift, experienced a loss.
Like the others, I too would like to see the picture.
shafishaik (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
Hi...it is behaving like kid, simply touching your hair, drawing with ash, and knocking the door, all these thing generally being done by kids.

Just remember do you ever had a deep relationship with your relatives/friends children may be they died by various reasons.
May be it is your own baby, unfortunately may be you committed for abortion/ baby died in a very small age.

I understood after reading your story, he/she don't want to leave you, it want to be with you always like your children
NeraDama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
Wow, very strange! I've never heard of something like that, I wonder what kind of meaning could it have. Keep us updated!
tking11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
I forgot to say I haven't found any snakes/pests in the sunroom. The part that baffles me is how both times the ashtray was standing straight up. If it was a snake or animal I would think it would have been tipped over?
tking11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
BrokenTree, I will try using something to see if it happens again. I did upload a picture, I will try doing it again. I only have 1 because the second time I was pretty freaked out. Femaelstrom/Bibliothecarius, We have a German shepherd. She is 90lbs and when you see my picture you will realize a dog couldn't have done it. I do not feel threatened, though it feels aggressive at times. The Christmas tree actually happened 2 years in a row. We actually had a joke in my house that our ghost didn't like the holiday very much! Whatever it was seemed very unhappy because when the tree hit my carpeted floor it broke almost all the ornaments that were on the tree. It has only started to bother me lately. Its the hair touching that gets to me. It has become so often if my kids see me swatting my head (I always check to make sure it isn't a bug) they laugh and say its trying to get your attention mom! The etch-a-sketch is a great idea too!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hi, Tking.

Do you have any pets? I have trouble believing some of the things my cats accomplish when they think I'm not watching them! I'm trying to eliminate possibilities, here. (Are there small snakes near the sunroom? They may be basking in the ashtray after they've removed the butts. You'd need a camcorder or webcam to test this theory.)

I'm going to echo femaelstrom's talc suggestion (vermin & insects would not be pleasant guests in your sun room), but I'd recommend getting some colorful plastic plates to set on the floor, just as you have done with your ashtray. This is only a guess, but if this is a child sprit which has attached to you because of your maternal role, it may simply wish to leave you some artwork to photograph. If nothing happens with colorful plates (or with paper plates and colorful chalk) you'll be out $5, but you'll have eliminated an entire set of possibilities, so you could focus on researching Seminole history. Several posters have focused upon this indigenous peoples theory, true, but for a single entity or phenomenon to follow you around to several homes, I'd suggest that a child/youth is a potential culprit. It is also more likely to account for behaviors which sound like a temper tantrum: "Why don't I have a present under the tree?" "Why is everyone ignoring me?"

Another thought: Perhaps you could buy a used etch-a-sketch from a charity shop and sticking a nice silver (gender-neutral) gift-wrap bow on it for your artist? It would have the advantage of reducing the sweeping/vacuuming in the sun room!

If you do try any of these suggestions, please photograph the results and post them on a free photosharing site & post the link here so we can see what we're helping you with.

Best,
-Biblio
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Femaelstom
It is true that the first and only Indian alphabet was created by Sequoyah but he was a Cherokee. The Seminole are famous for having never been defeated by the US Army.
The idea to use talc is better than flour. Swirls are a very simple thing to make so I wouldn't make too much of them. Try the talc and see what happens.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
You should really upload the picture so we can see. Thank you for sharing your experiance.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Maybe I think its trying to convey you something or wants you to feel its presence. You should contact any psychic if you want to get rid of it.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
I would shy from flour as it might attract vermin...salt, perhaps? Or talc, at least... Might mask the ciggie smell. Also, photograph the design to see if it means something. You live in FL, so maybe it's Seminole or voodoo? There was a famous Seminole who created his own alphabet, Muskogee. His name was 'Sequoyah' (the only alphabet known to have been invented by an individual, EVER, btw... So much for our natives being "savages"!). So perhaps it's a written message? Perhaps it's saying, "stop smoking--it's unhealthy"...lol!
You say you've been there 20+ years, so may I assume no one feels threatened? Of course, you can try a native shaman to see if you can find out what's going-on, too. My guess is that it's related to the natives... Gut instinct, I suppose.
Either way,
Blessings+
Femaelstrom
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
What a creepy story! I would of freak out and left the house asap! Lol. For advice, I would contact a medium.
DreamOfMe (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Time to call some medium or psychic To cleanse your body from any spirits following you.
Someonewashere (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
I think it would be great if you could upload the picture, just to help us get a better idea.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
Just for the sake of curiosity you might try spreading some flour on the sunroom table. Whatever is doing this might just write you a message or just make some more swirls. It would be interesting to see.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: