You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Drawings

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Drawings

 

Once again I'm submitting some short accounts that are not my own, but I have been given permission by the owner themselves to publish them. I also think it serves a more specific cause for those on here who regularly experience sleep paralysis and night attacks to see if you recognize any of these beings that have occurred to this person, who wants to remain anonymous. Each brief story correlates to a picture.

Sleep Paralysis Drawings 1

I woke up from a nap with my boyfriend, Andy, to see this awful thing crawl out from under his bed, up his wall, and onto his ceiling. It stopped above the bed and twisted its head completely around to reveal a gaping mouth and wide, blank eyes. As I lay helplessly paralyzed, its head appeared to grow larger. It took me a moment to realize its head wasn't getting larger, it was getting CLOSER. Its neck was stretching Mr. Fantastic-style down toward the bed. It then stretched one of its arms down in the same manner, bringing its hand toward Andy who was beside me.

Sleep Paralysis Drawings 2

I tried as hard as I could to scream and whack the hand away, but I couldn't do a thing. Andy must have noticed I was breathing hard, or my eyes were open or something, because he turned to me, asked me if I was okay, and touched my arm. I instantly pulled out of my paralysis and attacked Andy with blubbering and broken sentences. My poor Andy. He must have been very confused.

After having a fight with my mom one morning, I fell backwards onto my bed and cried myself to sleep. When I opened my eyes, I found I could not move and this sinister being was standing at the foot of my bed. It stood (or floated?) about 8 feet tall and was clothed in a ragged, red, orange, and yellow hued cloak. Its hands were covered in olive green, oily skin. The fingers of the actual hallucination were a little bit longer than in the picture, but I did not feel like re-drawing them. I pulled out of this episode of sleep paralysis fairly quickly, only getting a brief glance of this monster.

Sleep Paralysis Drawings 3

This horrible little thing is what I saw standing next to my bed during my first sleep paralysis experience. I woke up on my back and glanced at the clock (4:30 AM) before noticing lights outside my window. I followed the lights with my eyes from window to window. When I came to the last window, I saw this being, its huge, yellow, owl-like eyes staring blankly at me and its oily, thin, brown skin glistening in the strange light. That's when I realized I couldn't move.

I looked away, desperately searching for some sort of weapon, and when I looked back, the creature was standing next to my bed. I tried to flail and scream to no avail, so I did the next best thing: I closed my eyes as tight as I could. Suddenly, I felt a weight on my chest.

My first thought was that one of my cats had jumped up to lie on me, but then I realized I had no cats in this house. I tried to focus all my energy on removing the weight from my chest. After what seemed like an eternity, I slipped back into dreaming.

Other hauntings by Oglegen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oglegen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
IM SOOO SCARED NOW! I'm shakeing right now. Not because I've seen those things, but I'm scared I WILL!
How in the hell did these things happen to you! And HOw can you stop them from happening to me! 😨 😨 😭
GIRLIE! Is really scared
Unwanted-Milk (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Sleep paralysis, I hate it when that happens...
Because like you can't move and talk, really scary...
And I can relate to that second drawing instead I think it was a female entity...
Oh... If you think you're being haunted by evil spirits...
Put a pair of scissors under your pillow open with both points facing towards the head of the bed (off the Unborn but I researched it and it does really work.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Hi there!
I recognize the second picture.
It appeared to me when I was experiencing sleep paralysis during my teenage years.
😨
coolc_theman (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
There is no logical explination for this so please stop trying to medicaly diagnose this. It is not a dream more like a nightmare at first, everyone is not having the same dream all over the world.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Those are very good drawings. That would be quite freaky if I saw those. I've seen a few different hooded figures before so I can kind of relate to that one.

Thanks for sharing I hope she doesn't experience that stuff anymore.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Hammily (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Whoa...Youre really good at drawing than me!~:3 I like them... But that second drawing reminds me of the grim reaper...well... You know... Without the scythe... 😕 the first pic creeped me out... 😐 I would totally be scared if I saw a thing like that... You really have a good memory, very vivid enough for you to draw. 😁
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Guys, thanks so much for your comments. I will pass them on to my friend and help her in the ways you have suggested. Sometimes she refers to them as hallucinations, and other times she believes they are sleep paralysis demons. The reason the drawings strike a chord with me is because my partner believes he saw the exact same one (the first drawing) while he was asleep.

Ogle
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
I have to agree with some people here. I realy don't know what this is. Is it a haunting or just an imagination going wild. I wish I could help but this one is a hard one. But they are realy great pictures. Thansk for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Abu_Jameelah (1 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
They are grotesque in their real form but can take on human and animal forms, too; may live in homes with images or dogs; can physically move things; love to live in bathrooms and unclean places. They are invisible to our eyes unless they choose to take a shape.

Shapeshifters? No! Jinn.

What you are describing sounds like an experience with a jinn.

Why do they do it? To cause distress or scare a person. Or in the words of one (during an exorcism), "because it's fun."

Anyone who's been through it understands the agony of these experiences, the fear that grips a person, the lingering feeling of insecurity.

The example that you give here is a common one: a jinn sitting on your chest while you're sleeping. It can be a vision that's worse than a nightmare, a hideous voice, can't move, can't breathe... Sleep paralysis? Night terrors? It's more than that.

If you believe in the unseen, you're a step ahead of most. There are real and simple Islamic means to protect yourself. A good book (heavy reading) is Jinn and Human Sickness. Or just google.

Peace
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
I truly feel for you friend.

I have similiar experiences with vivid dreams and sleep paralysis. When I wake up from my dreams I sometimes see, hear, feel, smell something near me.

Talking to a professional of some kind is a great suggestion others have mentioned.
I suffer with depression and I know from personal experiences that high stress brings on this sleep disorder with its related experiences. I see a councellor every 2 weeks to sort out things and help me cope with my daily stresses and it has help so much that I rarely go through these sleep paralysis episodes. 😊

Be there for your friend and god bless.
Take care of yourselves. ❤
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I agree with Adventure_Ms_Aqua, I think you should calm down before you go to bed, if you're stressed or upset about anything, don't bottle it up inside, maybe they feed off the negative energy?
Take care.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
The first picture is almost similar to my story I posted here, "Black Figure on My Ceiling". It was exacually like that! But the only thing that was different was that the figure was black and it had white eyes... It was scary! 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
One of the things that is most disturbing about the things your friend was seeing is that they are basically humanoid creatures with distorted features that suggest that your friend's worst fears are somewhere in the category of aliens and death (the grim reaper figure.) I would suggest that she speak with a psychiatrist (not psychologist!) about her nightmares/visions and see if there's some kind of sleep aid or medications that she might be able to take to stop it. Also, stress could be causing it and chemical imbalances in the body as well. Good luck and good health!
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
This is a classic example of sleep paralysis. Not to worry, it's only psychological. When you wake up during REM (dream) sleep, sometimes your brain is still dreaming, even though you can see your environment. Your motor functions are disabled, so you can't move. Most people also feel immense fear.

If this becomes a problem, see a psychiatrist.
Schism (44 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Wow. Even if those are just dreams, they are really... REALLY bad dreams!

I don't know if your friend is experiencing visitations from beings from another world, or if this is something she's pulled out of the dark recesses of her own psyche, or if a cruel spirit has pulled this out of her psyche to try to present her with something it believes to be her worst fear... Just for it's own entertainment.

The reason I suggest this is that the first being and the last being have almost identical facial features, however, their bodies and the proportions of the heads are so different that I would have trouble believing they were the same "species" that would be visiting her. In other words, too similar to be unrelated... But too different to be the same creature.

This would lead me to believe that the face in itself is of some significance to her, subconsciously, and either she or something else is pulling them up. Do you get what I'm saying? I am having trouble explaining it. The face itself is something she fears on a deeper level and it seems that either her own mind is pulling them up to the surface, or something sinister can read it and is manifesting itself in this form.

Either way, I feel so much pity for her for having to go through this. The sketches are so horrible looking, they literally take my breath away! And I'm not the one being woken up by them (whether real or imagined).

I'd suggest 2 things. One, she immediately see a psychiatrist. Two, she immediately call some sort of spiritual advisor, like a clairvoyent who's also a life coach. She should cover all her bases. And before taking meds given by the pychiatrist, make sure she's 100% sure it's all in her imagination. Nothing worse than medicating someone for something that isn't "all in their head". I would consult with both the doctor and the spiritual advisor simultaneously in an effort to work this out and figure out the best possible way to make these night terrors come to an end.

By using both methods, she might be able to find the source of these terrors. That's the best advice I can give.

I'm curious to read what others here think about this. I'm sure there's much more they can offer than I can. I just felt absolutely compelled to offer up my interpretation and give her the run-down of what would be my own game plan if I was going through this.

I hope your friend finds the help she needs to put a stop to all of this.

Please keep us updated if you can:)
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
You are experiencing night terrors, which is different from sleep paralysis. A good friend of mine suffered from that for a long time, she'd see lots of weird things upon awakening, almost as though she pulled her dreams into real life. Stress can cause this to happen.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
And I thought I was having some vivid nightmares lately! Phew!

These are some very disturbing sketches Oglegen. I have no idea what your friends had encountered at night but even if these were just bad dreams, they are for sure the worst ones I've ever imagined. I don't even want to think what if... These beings are more than products of imagination!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
ummmmm, wow! Those are some very vivid images. How terrifying. I have not experienced this phenomenon so I am afraid I am of no help in this situation, however, I would like to suggest prayer and a Bible placed in the bed room. What ever these thing are, they barely resemble humans.

God Bless!
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Whoa! 😨 Someone's a good artist! Wow, I'd be freaked... I would ask you to rely a LOT on your faith about this... Also, if you're going through hard times, relax and calm down before going to sleep.

Good luck!
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Wow they all seem to be connected to being paralised (sorry I'm a bad speller).
Also the first and last seem to be alien types.
I personally somewhat think it may be dreams.
But then I still sorta think its real.
Sorry but I have comment to add I just wanted to leave a comment about this. 😕
Also those pics... They are really really good 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: