You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Introduction Of Ashes

Real Ghost Stories

Introduction Of Ashes

 

I remember the few first years of moving into my new home with my mom and my brother (the home in "Modern Home Haunting"), I always experienced terrifying experiences that no one seemed to believe that were happening. Me and my family aren't a religious type, but I am certainly a believer of another world out there for that world tries to speak to me all the time.

One time my mother took me to the doctors because she thought I needed medication to calm myself down... Even though I can already be a stressful person, she didn't think that I was acting normal. I still switched back between parent's houses so I wouldn't endure the torture all the time.

One time I almost experienced a possession... With terrible nightmares and blackouts I wasn't sure what was reality or not. The spirits in my home had me thinking I was insane at one point, and that maybe the only way out was suicide. I never turned to any self-mutilation because I knew I was stronger than that, and I was stronger than the spirits haunting my home. I always had one companion ghost though... His name is Ashes.

When my parents first got separated, awful things were happening in my life and talked to absolutely no one for a while, and I told the air that I needed somebody here with me. Just that day I picked up a pen and pad and started to draw and write. It was a picture of a white wolf with black on one side of his fur and he told me his name was Ashes. He used to be a massive white wolf that died in a fire which I found interesting because all of my life I was so scared of fire, which included the stove, the oven, bonfires, fire on television anything that was hot.

He followed me wherever I went and comforted me and we grew to have a strong bond. Ashes was always there to be right beside me, trying to protect me from the other spirit's at my mom's house. I remember the scariest time at my mom's house was when the powerful spirits were able to block my connection with him for a while, and after a while I was convinced that Ashes wasn't even there and that I had no hope in my life. The overwhelming sadness in the house seemed to compliment the overall feeling of misery as my mother was having a hard time taking care of her emotional well being.

The haunting started off playful, so I thought it was Ashes trying to brighten my mood, for he is such a noble jokester. Things would go missing in the house for no apparent reason. The disappearing items became such a nuisance my mom and my brother felt some need to blame it on someone, and I was the person to blame because I always brushed off the missing items thinking it was Ashes.

When I started to get into trouble for missing things, I thought that he would apologize and stop. He didn't. I remembered my awful experience, when I was down in the basement alone, when we first looked at the house and I shivered. Maybe the spirits in the basement were doing this. From that the experiences got stronger and a bit more intimidating... Now I know better than to assume spirit activity is a positive playful one from Ashes. I've learned that spirits can be deceiving and can be cynical if you're not careful.

All comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by OceanxGoddess135

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OceanxGoddess135, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
I am a bit skeptical about Ashes but if you truly believe he is good I won't say anything more about him. He is your to deal with after all an your companion. God I need one of those 😆 cause of som of my own frightening yet sad experiences like last night when I heard the sound of a little girl screaming. A rather disturbing experience which made me uneasy about the thought of sleep. I prayed before sleeping and later felt a somewhat comforting feeling of someone touching my hand like in a way to say its alright. It felt like tingling energy touching my hand, kind of hard to explain how I felt tho. No fear, curiousity, confusion, somewhat comforted. Weirdest experience other than hearing disturbed spirits and hearing them right in my ear whispering stuff. My ability has expanded along with my openmindedness. I'm looking up more to God and making sure that I'm never alone 😆 Take care, Katherine ❤
cjswing (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
a wolf that died in a fire... And his name is ashes!
Also guardian spirits arent generally around to move random objects for a laugh.
Oh and then there's unpleasant spirits in the basement too!
Seems the only spirits you've encountered are in a bottle.
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Oh wow.
Thats really interesting.
I really admire how you knew and felt that your were so much stronger than the hauntings, I respect more than you'd ever know for that.
Ashes is a wolf?
Does he take a solid form?
And I read another story of yours before this one and apparently Ashes can talk to you also? ❤
SilentOrchestra (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
I've had that same feeling;_;
Blacking out, nightmares, etc. Thats how I always describe it too, not sure what's reality and what's not.
Sorry, I'm going to go finish the rest of the story now 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Ashes WAS a wolf. He SPEAKS to you in the HUMAN tongue?
As YOU drew the picture and "he told me... He used to be a massive white wolf that died in a fire".
I would perhaps think at first that it was interesting that his ghost was born out of your highest fear (as in, you have a fear of fire, his ghost BEGAN as a result of the fire), but I think after being blamed for taking certain things that I would have to think and rethink this assumption. Only in that you state, yourself, that "I've learned that spirits can be deceiving and can be cynical if you're not careful..."
I am wondering, have you ever SEEN him? How do you KNOW, after all of the other experiences that have not been positive ones, that he IS a benign being?
How does one almost experience a possession?
To me, that part of the story spoke more of negative beings becoming very strong in the home, and in your sensitivity to them, you also adapted their emotion. That does happen. But it is a world away from possession.
Some of the questions that I had in your third story have been answered after reading THIS story. Sorry I had to back paddle, I was a bit confused over there.
Thank you.
niallacaldwell (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
That is incredibly strange!

You mentioned that you were almost possessed, could you please describe that bit in more detail because I am very interested in possesion.

I am scepticle about your guardian being a spirit of a burnt white wolf, he may have decieved you there. He may have fed off your fear of fire and made itself appear in a way that you would trust.

Wonderful story!

Niall
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Well, some spirits draw on negative energy, so causing you to be negative, plus everybody else in that house, they probably thrived on it. If Ashes helps you cope with the things your going through, then he's probably they're to help guide you along your way. I'm not certain though.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hello OceanxGoddess135. I have read your story with interest and I also read your profile. If Ashes is your anchor, hold on to him. It doesn't matter if he's real or imaginary- he's a part of your reality. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care and God Bless You.

FRAWIN 😊
Chilled (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hi I read your other story as well as this one. It seems that your connection to the spirts is very strong. It seems that children have more experiances than adults. This may be because we are more open to the idea of what is beyond this world. Good luck with your house and maybe you shouldnt try to challenge them. Keep your eyes and mind open and make sure Ashes is always with you. He seems to be there to protect you from anything worse than what you have already experianced.
Dooey (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Wow what a great story. 😁
It seems that Ashes is your guardian spirit and is there to protect you always. You should be grateful you have a good companion. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: