You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dead Relative Protesting To Ashes Being Scattered?

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Relative Protesting To Ashes Being Scattered?

 

Recently my Mum has spoken, in our living room, about scattering my Grandma's ashes into a river that she requested in her Will. We have had the ashes in our living room since she died 6 years ago.

My mum spoke about this in front of me, 2 of my sisters, my aunty and uncle (her brother and sister) to which we all agreed on.

The 3 of them plus my dad and my aunty and uncles partners will be going down to this particular river in a few weeks to scatter them.

Since my mum has spoken about this a lot of strange things have been going on, particularly this week.

On the weekend my mum went into the kitchen to find the toaster had been turned on, without anything in it. As she noticed this she heard a knocking/scratching at our back door. We have a cat so she opened it to let him in... He was upstairs and no one was there.

The next day I was stood in the living room staring out of the window and saw a woman's reflection - as though behind me - enter the living room from the kitchen and walk over to where my grandma's ashes are. I turned, thinking it was my mum but there was no one there.

The SAME day I was driving back to mine from a friends and was reversing my car up the drive... A woman with a long dress on was standing in front of my dad's car as though waiting for me, when I looked again she had gone. I checked with my mum and dad that it wasn't them and when I explained why I'd asked, my dad told us both that he had seen something to the day before. He said he had been sitting in the living room watching the TV and saw a reflection in the window - as though behind him - walk from the kitchen and into the living room, he too turned to see but no one was there.

My dad doesn't believe in this kind of stuff but I and my mum are big believers. She seems to think, from what I described the woman on the drive looked like, is that it's her great grandma.

And the news of scattering my grandma's ashes have excited/woken/roused her a bit, or is she protesting against it?

My mum has seen/heard stuff before now and it all seems to relate to my grandma - we sometimes even smell Lavender (which is what she always smelt of)

Ill keep you updated if anything else happens.

I'd like to read your comments though and see if you can make any sense of it all?

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
hi Samialyssa14,

A few things have happened since they scattered her ashes - my mum said as they did it the sun came out and shone right down on the river which was nice and also ~ the empty bag they were in, my mum decided to put in the bin in a carpark after they had scattered them (don't ask why I went mad when I found out haha) but as soon as she did this she heard the Meowing of a cat (my Grandma LOVED cats!) she went back to the car and my dad was waiting for her - he could also hear the meowing... My Dad went back to get the bag and put it in the car, the meowing stopped.
Then on Monday night, my Aunty was in bed and said she heard a huge bang come from the living room... A huge cat ornament that belonged to my grandma had fell sideways on the floor... She said in the whole 6 years she has had it, it has never fallen...
I think these are all good signs of letting us know she is still with us and in a happy place.

😊

Abby was a really spooky experience for me, I still have the posters and DVD cover that I may scan in and upload so you can see how it looked. Also Graphic Design is a good path to go down, I hope you suceed in that area when you have left school
😊

Hannah x
samialyssa14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Has anything happened since you scattered the ashes? And I read the story Abby. That's creepy and another thing I wanted to say was that I'm interested in Graphic Design as well although I'm only 14.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Thanks 😊 Not a late comment, I still appreciate them, (better late than never) it was only this weekend that they were scattered. I like the Hindu belief of the ashes rising to Heaven... Although we are non Religious.
I know we did the right thing. X
pokemon (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Scattering the ashes of the dead in the river is a holy ritual performed by Hindus. It is said that the soul will be freed if we do this and it will rise up to the Heaven. You should have done it before as she died 6 years ago. Nevertheless you do it right away.
If it is your great grandma or some one of your relatives who is dead... I guess she might also want her ashes to be scattered in the river.
I think I have given a late comment...
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
ok, just a quick catch up - during the last week leading up to the scattering of her ashes nothing has happened and the place has been pretty quiet. My family drove down to the place with the ashes on Saturday and scattered them in the beautiful river - my mum text me to say it was the perfect ending - Dragon Flies hovering along the reeds, Swams swimming and the sun shining. I couldn't help but smile. 😊 Maybe now we have let her go she can rest in peace. Thanks for all your comments guys! Hannah xx
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
oh my god - sat at computer now and lights are flickering on and off and door just opened, HELP! 😒
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
I agree, I think I'll try and talk to her some how. Thanks! 😊
This weekend coming up is the weekend they will be taking the ashes, I think my mum is now having doubts...
I was sat on the computer last night - on my own in the house - I could feel someone was in the room with me, I wasn't scared though but it felt as though someone was gently pulling on my hair and poking me in the arm and back. I felt no threat though and ignored it.
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
If you can talk to her you should ask why she is showing up everywhere. If she is upset you need to help her "find the light". I have heard that an upset ghost can do anything which includes- moving abjects (chairs,KNIVES,etc.), wind storms, talking/threating. It can be very scary. I have a friend who was at a hotel and heard someone yelling in the room next to her and told the person at the front desk and he said that it wasn't possible because no one was in that room. She never went back there again and I wouldn't blame her.

Just make sure that if you talk to her if you get the chance or things could go horriblly wrong. I'm not saying that it's a bad spirit/ghost. Just you never know. Stay safe and be careful.

😁 LT
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
thanks for the comments guys 😊
She wanted her ashes scattering in a place around 5 hours from here - which my mum, aunty and uncle wanted 2 do together, but never really got the time 2 go there for the weekend. My grandma never shown any signs she was upset about being in our house so as far as we're concerned she is happy where she is for the time being.
The woman I have seen looked very similar to the picture my mum shown me of her great aunty (and she is ironically from the place where my grandma wanted her ashes 2 be scattered) and died around 40 years ago.

My sister thinks she saw a woman stood at our front door yesterday, she said she could see her through the frosted glass window of the door... She opened it and she had gone?

I'm thinking of taking pictures around the house 2 see if anything shows up on them, or maybe I will try talking to her. 😊
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
i would try to talk to her and see if she wants her ashes scattered in that river. You know the circles people make to talk to spirits, do that. It should work πŸ˜†
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Not sure this has anything to do with your great aunt as far as your grandmother's request for her ashes to be scattered. I would have done as the will requested long ago. Maybe the great aunt has always been around and is now making her presence more noticable. Could it be that she thinks it's high time you do as your grandmother requested? Maybe this is her way of saying she agrees.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Recently my Mum has spoken, in our living room, about scattering my Grandma's ashes into a river that she requested in her Will. We have had the ashes in our living room since she died 6 years ago."

UUUUMMMM...that was her request... Why have you waited for so long?
sanpom73tooble (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Wow, if your not feeling anythin weird and stuff, and your just seeing an old woman, then it is probably your grandma. If it wasnt, worse things would happen. Good luck.
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
you should just do a knock once (yes) don't knock (no) type thing and find out what she wants done. Do what SHE wants and then the activity should disapear.
Best of luck to you guys!
~Jessi
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Ok I have another part I would like to add - Last night my Aunty rang up to tell us her husband (my mums brother) had been woken up at around 1:00am by the sound of banging coming from their office nextdoor, when he checked, there had been books thrown on the floor from the shelf (hence the banging).
Now is it possible that someone isn't happy about these ashes being scattered? We've made a joke about it and said the Ghost will be visiting my other Aunty next (my mums sister).
Also my mum shown me a large family picture of my grandma when she was a little girl surrounded by her Mum, Auntys, Uncles, Grandparents and Cousins etc... I immediately pointed out the woman I had seen on our drive - and yes it was who my mum thought it could be - her great Aunty.
Spooky but exciting! 😊
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Thank you angel_eyes 😊
Her ashes will certainly be being scattered in the river, and hopefully it will, as you say, free the soul in heaven!
angel_eyes (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Hello hanbob, I am sorry about your grandmother. But I want to ask few things. I am from hindu caste and here we don't bury the dead bodies but instead we burn them with woods and then scatter their ashes in river. I don't know if any other culture also follow this procedure or not but we believe that its very much required to scatter those ashes in river to free the soul in heaven.

Keeping those ashes will keep your grandmother soul alive but this is not good for her to live in eternal pain without a body.

I will say your mother has taken right decision to free your grandmother soul. I think grandmother is coming in front of you all may be because she want to spend more time with you before going away to heaven. If she didn't liked that then she would have told you all in real that she don't want to go.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
thanks for your comment 😊
She died about 6 - 7 years ago now, but I can tell that it's not my grandma who we are in company of. I'd say it is a relative, but which one I couldn't say. My mum seems to think it's her great grandma or great aunty - as this is who I described on the night I saw her on the drive.
As for praying - I wouldn't really know where to begin! Haha
There has also been a recent funeral of another relative - a birth - and a coming marriage in July. Maybe all the commotion is unsettling her and whipping this 'person' into a bit of a frenzy! Aswell as the scattering of my grandma's ashes 😊
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
1st- my condolences

2nd- how long has she been deceased?

3rd- if you haven't experienced anything negative prior to now, since her death, I wouldn't attribute the activity to being her.

What I would suggest, if just for your own peace of mind, praying (if that's what you're in to) or just speaking aloud to her ashes letting her know that you all still love her and think about her daily and always will and that it is time to move on. See what happens after that. I'm sure she is at peace and would not mind the symbolic gesture of setting her ashes into the river to become one with mother earth. After all, if she has passed to the other side - she would care less about the ashes, for the body is just a shell for our spiritual - true self. Like a hermit crab changes shells, it is my belief that we do the same through life (times).
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
ok something else to add...
My mum text me at work yesturday to tell me the cat had gone upstairs into the spare room and was hissing and spitting at thin air? He never acts likes that. Is it just a coincidence?
And this morning I was in the shower. I shut the bathroom door behind me and began showering... I turned around 2 wash the back of my hair and the door was wide open:S No one was in as everyone was at work... And the door, once closed is quite stiff and wouldn't just open if a slight breeze had blown from an open window in the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: