You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Dangerous Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Dangerous Spirit?

 

First, if you're reading this, you probably should read my other two posts, as this is a continuation, of how things have gone from bad to worse. Before, I was only bothered in my dreams, in my head, in the things that I alone could see or feel. I had never been physically hurt, or bothered. But, a few weeks ago, things changed.

I was spending the night with a friend, so I had to share a bed with her. That's a girl thing I guess, because guys would just sleep on the floor, but I consider this girl the sister I never had. So I'm in the bed, preparing for what I thought was yet another sleepless night, (I've come to love and dread my insomnia in equal proportion, because it keeps away the nightmares) when I fell asleep. Normally, I don't have the dreams of my spirit(or whatever he may be, but that's what I will call him, as spirit sounds better than thing) or of anything else connected to the abnormal, ghosts, etc. when I'm at her house. But, that night I did, and it was an awful sort of dream, the sort you can't remember when you wake up, save for bits and pieces, all you get is that horrible fear, and paranoia.

But, in this dream, something grabbed me. And, at the exact time, my friend grabbed me in my sleep. That would not be so weird, maybe even sort of funny in a way, but she has never once in all the years I've known her, and there's been a lot, ever been the sort of sleeper to do that. She mostly snores, and doesn't bother the person next to her, unless they bother her, which usually means her kicking me back after I kicked her for the 100th time that night.

So, I scream, and jump up, out of the bed running to the door, because I know something is there, and it wants to kill me. Later, the rational part of my mind tells me I ran because I thought that it already got my friend, and was going to get me too. But, that was what I wanted myself to believe, not what I really thought, because what I really thought, was the thing from my dream, it was there, it was in her, and it was going to use her to hurt me.

I wasn't coherent enough to think the word possession then, but later that's what I came to. I know, that in spite of the myths, actual possession is pretty rare, so they may not have been the case, and I hope to God it isn't, because that would mean I somehow put one of my friends in danger.

Thinking that what meant to harm me was in her, I ran. I wasn't running from it, I was running from her, because even if something bad was using her to hurt me, it was still her, and I would never hurt her, even to defend myself. She's been my best friend since we were little kids, and I couldn't bring myself to that.

So, I ran, still screaming apparently, because my friend's sister ran to the door. Now, whether this was sleepwalking or not, I'm not sure, because I can remember screaming, jumping up, and starting to run, but this conversation I can't, and I have been known to talk in my sleep. And I have slept walked before in the past, only once, but it could happen again.

According to her, I told her 'there's something there' I said it a few times, and I was really freaked out, really afraid. She told me it was my friend, and that when she did, I gave her this weird look, like I was confused, and didn't know what she was talking about.

After that, I crawled back in, and my friend asked me what was going on. She was lying down, but when I jumped off the bed, she had been sitting up. That seemed weird to me, but I was so embarrassed I had one of my screaming dreams there, I didn't mention it. No one really knows about these things, as I don't want them dragging me off to seek mental help, for my own good, as I can hear them saying.

I blew it off, decided it was just one of those things happen. Then, a few days ago, I woke up, in the middle of the night, and heard something moving around in my room. It felt like it was in my closet, or my bathroom. Sort of like a mouse moving around, but ten times louder. And a sort of rattling, clicking sound. I wanted to get up, to go see, but this voice in my head told me not to, saying "if you open the door, whatever it is will kill you..." so, I was going to listen, but I was tired, so tired of being afraid to even sleep at night, so I was going to get up, that voice in my head (the voice of common sense, most likely) arguing with me all the while. Then, in the end, I decided not to, fear not stopping me, but modesty, as I was only wearing one of my dad's old tee shirts, and it didn't cover much skin.

Still I sat there, trying not to breathe to loud, praying harder than I ever prayed, for God to please, please, whatever it was, to not let it hurt me. Which says a lot, since I haven't been praying that much lately, or even been the best Christian I could be. I guess life has me questioning my faith occasionally, and I wanted to take some time to figure that out in my head. Not that I don't believe, I do. God is love. Everything else can kind of of slip away from time to time I think, as long as you believe that God is all that is good. But this isn't about religion, although, in some cases, the things on this site and it can be tied together.

I haven't slept since then. Not more than about thirty minutes at a time. Which, isn't all that bad, because I don't want to wake up to that again.

What scares me, is what if I was right, and my friend was possessed? That would mean I brought this on innocent people. I knew there was something bad at there, my spirit warned me of something once, though I can hardly remember. I know it would never be my spirit, he is more likely to play the role of guardian, or protector. He would never hurt me. I care for him, if I'm honest, even love him, in a strange sort of way.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure whatever this bad thing is, I could bring it to me. I've heard of people who are very in tune with each other, having the same dream. And, if its possible I can talk to spirits in my head, then I'm sure me and my best friend having the same dream is possible. And, what if, somehow, I let it get her? If she was in fact possessed, which I do not like to believe.

I think maybe I could somehow accidentally call it to me. Once, it was around a year or a year and a half ago, I was able to call my spirit. Or, maybe that's not the best way to describe it, and I haven't ever really discussed it in detail before, because it really does make me sound loopy.

What happened was I was convincing myself he was not real, that he was some silly, illogical childhood fantasy that I had created, and was crazy enough to believe. But, I couldn't let him go without saying goodbye, so I tried to find him, to get him to me. But I couldn't, so I brought myself to him. I was lying in bed, not asleep, but eyes closed, concentrating. Then, after a while, I was in the place where we always were, in the dark, and he was there.

I could still feel my body in the bed, every nerve felt alive, could feel the bed under me, but I felt everything that happened there too. I cried there, and I could feel it in my bed, though I wasn't crying in there. I hugged him, spoke to him, and I felt it, in both places. I don't know what to call it, but it was like I was actually there, and still at home in bed at the same time. It could be an out of body experience, but I don't think it was. I only know that I was there, that I had made us meet, and I didn't know how.

I could never make it happen again. Which was fine, as it gave me the worlds worst headache trying. But, what if I did it and found the bad thing?

The other day, I was walking, and out of nowhere, I had a scratch on my arm. Not deep, sort the scratch you would get if someone caught your arm to get your attention, and their nails scraped you by mistake. But it was there, out of thin air. I told my family, and they told me I must have ran into something and not noticed until then. I am clumsy, so that could be true, only it isn't, I know it. I feel it.

When I sleep, I wake up, my whole body hurting, my head splitting. When I dream, I wake up, terrified, but not remembering. The only dream I remember is me, lost in a forest, its snowing, I come to a clearing, fall, give up, the my spirit is there, and holding down a hand to help. I take the hand, then I wake up. That is okay, because I'm happy to have my spirit back, but I wonder why he is back, and think it may be because the other things. He may really want to help me.

What's worse, is I think this other thing, the bad one, may want to hurt my spirit. And I can't let that happen. I love him, as if I really knew him. Maybe I did, in a past life or something. But, in my dream, when he puts down his hand to help me up, it's like I've found something I've been searching for my whole life. That sounds like something in some corny romantic comedy, but it isn't like that. It's like feeling whole. I know I'm becoming to attached to him, I go months without seeing him, then when I do, in spite of why, I'm happy.

I want him to find peace. I think he wants me to help. But this other thing, I think its in his way. I'm not sure, me and my spirit don't talk much these days, its always the same darn forest, and the same darn ending.

But, if I can hear this thing physically, if it can touch me, and it can possibly possess someone I know, then I think I'm in over my head. I don't want it to hurt me, and more importantly, I don't want it to hurt someone I love, my friends, my family.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to make it go away. So, if anyone knows how to handle it, please tell me. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakonaleash, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlymadness (1 stories) (16 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Since no one else is saying this I guess I'll say it. These two spirits are not spirits at all but a demon that's following you around pretending to be a good and bad spirit. You don't have a guardian spirit watching over you but a demon that wants to hurt you and everyone you love and is only being nice to you so he can stay around to hurt your friends and family, as well as you. I don't think professional help will do anything but my advice is that you should go to church more often and pray more often. I really don't think anyone but god can help you in a situation like this.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
My apologies... This story is 5 years old... The most recent comment is (other than our 'exchange' (I hope)) is 2 years old...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Emski2312,

Ok I'll 'bite'. You picked a 2 year old story to voice your 'Opinion' on. Just what do you base this on?

I'll quote what I'm refering to so there is no misunderstanding...

"...no such thing as demons etc it's all in the mind, good and evil is within all of us some have more good some more evil! And there's no god either that's all bull crap too!"

So what do you know that the rest of us don't...care to share?

Respectfully,

Rook
Emski2312 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Hahahaha I can't believe how gullible you all are, this is clearly some kid making up a story as they go along... My mom is taking me to the doctors lol there is no such thing as demons etc it's all in the mind, good and evil is within all of us some have more good some more evil! And there's no god either that's all bull crap too!
blood2121 (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
I under stand how you feel caus as I fall asleep I wake up in a chair at a table with a cut on me and a picture of a demon that I don't evan know of
cookiekitty99 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
hire a man froma chapel to come to your house to make the thing leave it will leave eventually if the man brings holy water and says stuff from the bible. 😊
recreate (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
You never lose your guardian, you can although give the other spirit more energy then your guardian, thus giving it pride of place. Sometimes when we call our guardian with our soul, we slip in concentration or belief and open the door for some really jealous obsesive spirits. Like people in the real world, two characteristics that indicate they have fear and weakness, typical reponse for those who are used to getting what they wan't. Try This, get a White Sage smudge stick and do a smoking of your bedroom, house and yourself. Light the white sage and use a magazine etc. And fan it into all corners, draws cupbords etc, make sure the windows are shut. Really smoke the place out. Then run the stick around your body from feet to head around your back (turn around in the smoke if that's tricky, as you do all this think of white light, the power of your guardian will be there, and tell the other spirit go, leave NOW, give no leway, this is your house, your body, your power LEAVE, this is my wil and the will of my loving guardians Leave. Then open your windows and let this cermony take the smoke and the spirit away. Leave only You, Your Guardians and love for one another.I'm from country Australia, our native Aboriginies still use smoking cerimonies, along with many strong old cultures. Remember your guardians are always there with you.
Look up White Sage
Best wishes James
LostWolff (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Hey kid,
So hell of a story you got, mind if I ask you some more questions about your spirit?
I'm not dealing with that kind of evil right now but to tell you the truth I've seen some things that have made my skin crawl

Anyways I don't know if you want to try and find a name for your big friend, but I call mine Sarah, I don't know what or who she really is, but she has always been there, and I think she could to me what you big friend is to you.
Much like you I have problems sleeping and some wicked dreams, and I've woken up a few times to find something at my bed side, lol and trust me it didn't like it that time I tried to ignore it.

Well either way if you want compare some notes let me know,
J.haley [at] live.ca
demonologist134 (8 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
I may be able to shed some light on your situation if you want. I can also help you manage/handle it. Please feel free to e-mail me at demonologist134 [at] aim.com and visit my website www.ncdemonology.org.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Hi freakonaleash.
I have to agree with just about everyone who has so far posted a comment. This does indeed sound like a spiritual journey.
There are times in our lives when we are handed a map. No compass, no other provisions of any kind, just a blueprint of what work needs to be done. The destination is not marked, it is up to us to find it on our own.
We can accept all the help that we want to. We can research and ask questions all we want, but in the end, the decisions are the ones we made and we have to stand by them. Even if we stand alone.
We can help you as much as we are able and most of us will jump in when we see a question posted that has yet to be answered, if only just to add another question 😆. Good luck to you.
Thank you.
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
First of all calm down.
A Spirit may be around you and frigtening you but keep in mind a Spirit cannot pick up a weapon and hurt you or anyone.
having said that Spirit problems do happen, and possessions are real and I know that from experience.
I have published a story in http://www.trueghosttales.com/stories/four-spirits.php
Which you might find helpful as it tells about my problems with the spirits of three of my dead realtives and a man named Dr. P. Who have been sitting inside my body since the first anniversary of his death trying to convince people I am imagining this.
They are mean and spiteful and while I don't have a solution to my problem yet I am no longer terrified of them the way I was in the beginning.
Hope my story helps because sometimes therapists who aren't into the paranormal won't believe these things.
freakonaleash (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
thanks everyone. My mom brought up me needing to see a doctor today, about my sleeping problems. We plan to go soon, but my brother has to have surgery soon(nothing major, he should be in and out in less than an hour) and we want to get that out of the way first. Maybe that will help. Anyways, thanks for listening to my story, and offering advice:)
much love to you all
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Woweee! That is some story. I know that sleep deprivation is an actual form of torture and it will make you feel like you're crazy. I'm not trying to say that this is what is happening but it could be contributing to some possible delusions. I don't know for sure because I have never experienced nor ever heard anything like this before. I hope you find the answers you seek and I would suggest seeing a professional for your sleep disorder and the terrors you experience when you do manage to sleep. Maybe a hypnotist or have a doctor do a sleep study on you. I would be interested to hear what the doctors would say after a sleep study was done on you. I wish all the luck for you and please take care of yourself. I hope to hear from you in the future real soon! 😢 ❤-Shelby
MediaLuna (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Perhaps you will need to make some research back in your family's history or even on the place where you born.
Evergreen (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Maybe you should speak with a counselor or therapist to make sure it's not something physical that may be causing all of your challenges. Sleep deprivation can do many things to your brain chemistry, can cause hallucinations, paranoia, dream disturbances. If they or a physician don't find anything, you can certainly still explore a spiritual approach. Good luck!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
I read all of your stories and I agree with Shane. You are on a spiritual journey. You must complete this or the insomnia will continue to plague you as will the dreams and the terror.

You must decide which yur direction you are heading and where you would like to go.

I am here, as are the other 'members' on this site and will help, listen and do what I can, this is a journey for you.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
This to me sounds like a spiritual journey. I do not know your belief system freakonaleash but what I do know is that you are going to have to complete this journey/battle on your own. We might be able to help you to a degree. If you are a Christian, and are looking to speak to someone here I recommend KimsouthO, she is very in touch with her faith and very open minded. If you are of a pagan belief, or belief other than Judeo/Christian/Muslim then I or Abby may be of some assitance. Along with all the other host of characters we have on this site. I am sure someone will be able to give you some advise to help you get through these troubling times. I wish I could say I know what you are going through but I don't. My spiritual journey took me a long time to come to terms with. I fall somewhere between Christian and Pagan, guess you could say I am a Gnostic Pagan. My spirit guide, he has helped me understand some of what I have gone through and what I am yet to go through. Though he does it in a cryptic manner most of the time. I think they want us to understand that though they are there to assist us, we have to make the choices ourselves. They can't make them for us. Hope I have not confused you too much. Take care and stay in touch with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: