You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Baby Son Befriended By A Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

My Baby Son Befriended By A Spirit?

 

hope this story isn't too long, I condensed it as much as I could:P

I have had a couple of supernatural experiences as a child (which I will post about maybe in future) but this one is more recent. My first story, so please be kind.

So, in April 2012 I gave birth to my son Leo. I was still living with my parents at the time and Leo slept in my room until about 2-3 months of age when we moved him into his own room. After he moved in there I started to notice a few things that seemed odd, like whenever I went in the room it would be freezing cold in certain spots, sometimes the whole room (even if it was warm in the rest of the house) but Leo himself was always warm.

I have a video baby monitor and I would often switch it on to see Leo laughing and his eyes following something around the room very closely. He would gurgle away happily, pause as though listening to a response, then gurgle back. I also heard footsteps in and around his room a lot. There was never anything visibly there. I decided that if it was a spirit, it probably wasn't dangerous because Leo seemed to like it.

In November 2012, Leo and I moved into a unit with my fiance. After a few months of living in the new place I noticed that whenever I was in the bathroom, I had a very bad feeling that would come over and I'd suddenly feel so sad and angry for no reason. Every time I had a shower I wondered if it was going to happen again, but I tried to forget about it.

Before we moved to this new place, Leo loved baths so much but ever since we moved here, he hates them and screams in terror the moment he sees the bath and the water. This was such a sudden change in behaviour and he's never had a bad experience or trauma involving water.

One night a few weeks ago, my fiance and I were out on the balcony just outside the living room having a cigarette when we heard a loud crash from inside. We went inside and a couple of Leo's toys were going off on their own, playing music and stuff. They were not near anything that could have bumped them, and we could find no source for the loud crash we heard.

We had a rather nervous laugh about it but carried on with our evening. Later when we were heading to bed, one of his toys started going off again, but this particular toy was broken and didn't play music or anything anymore. And all of a sudden, it was playing normally. The toy then stopped working again the next day.

I started wondering if it's a spirit of a child (hence the toys being played with) and maybe they died with something to do with water or drowned... It seems that Leo has taken on the negative vibe and fear of the water.

I also am not sure if it's even the same thing from Leo's first room because he didn't have the water fears back then, and I felt the bad vibes in the bathroom of this place too.

I work part-time and my fiance works full time so I'm home a lot more, and I hear unexplained noises during the day, whispering and the bad vibes are still there around the bathroom. I often have my belongings disappear only to find them right where I left them, or hidden in some odd place that I would not have put them myself. Also, things are always randomly falling down from where we put them with no apparent reason.

I think the spirit, especially if they're a child, enjoys playing tricks on me more than actually frightening me. But they also seem sad...?

What do you think?

Sorry if I used any incorrect terms, and I am happy to elaborate or answer questions if there's anything I didn't explain enough:)

Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cyborg-Siren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cyborg-Siren (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
geetha50, I agree that it probably is two spirits, I think the one that plays with my sons toys and follows us is a kind spirit that means us no harm, but there is another presence in the bathroom that seems to frighten it away sometimes. I think the playful spirit wants to protect my son somehow. I may have to use Rook's method in just the bathroom maybe.

Babygoatpuller, I agree and I have actually said before 'spirit if you took my (item), please can I have it back?' and then the item appeared suddenly in a spot I already checked. I just say 'thanks!' and it's just normal to me now:D

Zombie_killer_of_india,
My fiance has experienced some of the events but I don't think he really believes in the paranormal.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi cyborg-siren-
I think the ghost is connected to you and your baby rather than the house. Ask your fiance and your parents if he has experieced anything.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Have you tried talking to it? If it gets annoying tell it to stop. It hasn't hurt anyone and I definately wouldn't show any fear, but if there's something not nice there be sure to let it know you WILL send it elsewhere.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Others have already mentioned to research the history of the house. This is what I get from your story. There might be two spirits in your home. I am saying this because of the way you and your son feel in the bathroom and how you feel in the rest of the house. One spirit could be that of a child who is playing with your son's toys and he is the one your feel in the rest of your apartment. The spirit in your bathroom could be an evil or a spirit that has done something bad.

I read in one of your posts that you are not a person of faith. I still suggest Rook's cleansing as even a person who does not believe in a faith or religion can do it. I just hope you don't wait until thing get worse (you can never tell).

If you feel that things are not improving or helping and there is nothing that can be done, I suggest that you and your family move.
Cyborg-Siren (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
[at] abanob, thanks for the advice and concern. I am not a person of faith so I don't feel comfortable doing those things, but thankyou for the advice anyway:)
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Sorry I meant 3 am not pm my bad and take your kid to they church let a priest pray on your son
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
First from 3 years ago I met person that use magic and casting spell and part of our coversation he said after 3 pm demons possess water I don't if that true or not but also old people sai that say in the name of jesus when you drop hot water oor us it because there must be ghost in hot water a lot of old people say that don't know if it's true or not but I want to ask you to pray and get a holy cross for your kid protect him with faith pray and yes ghost may freeze any area and I believe that they liked your kid and they want him and I believe 2 that they are not allowed to take him because god won't let him kind of like god law and that doesn't mean they won't hurt you or him just pray with faith
Cyborg-Siren (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Thanks everyone for your responses:)

I am going to try to find out more, we still get a lot of mail for the previous tenants and they come by to get it every so often, next time I will ask if they ever noticed anything about this place.

The rest of the house seems fine, I feel comfortable and I don't detect anything. So far the spirit's still doing silly pranks and stuff, but I have heard about Rook's cleansing method so I will look into it in future if it turns nasty:P

Thanks again for responding everyone and I will try to find out more!:)
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hoow does the rest of the house feel to you? Do you feel uncomfertable in the rest of the house, or sad? Is your son too big for the kitchen sink? Mabie he would be a lot calmer in the kitchen sink. I used to give my son a bath in the kitchen sink until he got to big. It was easier on my back, I have back problems.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hey there! Interesting story. Your son's sudden fear for water has intrigued me. Babies tend to see spirits and ghosts, so there is definitely something around your place. Good to know this spirit has caused no harm yet, but I can't comment on the coming future. Try digging up some information about your current house. Also, you can get a paranormal investigator who can help the situation. I've heard a lot about Rook's cleansing method so that might come handy too. So up to you. But first things first, try to have complete information about what you're dealing with, that will get things easier for you. I wish you all the luck you need. Thanks.
-Shady
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Cyborg-Siren,
Like MissusTodd suggests, looking into the history of your unit might provide some answers.
You say that the bathroom seems to be negative, but how does the rest of the apartment feel? I can't be certain, but it could be two different spirits.
MissusTodd (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
My son also seemed to interact with something nobody else could see. I was never able to find any concrete information of the history of my apartment (just rumors and urban legend-type stuff), but perhaps you would have better luck? It does sound like a child spirit in your case, but I swear I've heard that the nature of some spirits is that they use electronic devices (such as your son's toys) to make themselves known when they can't materialize another way. I don't know for sure if that is correct, but hopefully another member can clear that up. It does sound more prankster-ish or childlike from what you describe, but you sensing sadness or bad feelings in the bathroom (and I agree, your son's sudden fear of water is odd... Maybe unrelated, but still) makes me feel that it is unhappy being "stuck" where it is. 😢

Long story short, I'd do as much digging in the history of your residence, even ask neighbors who might have known previous tenants. If you feel threatened, I've seen Rook's cleansing methods recommended highly. Anyway, I hope this finds you and your family well. Good luck! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: