You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunted Experience In Camp No. 3

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunted Experience In Camp No. 3

 

I am Abhijeet Patil from India. I would like you to tell you about myself and the background of my haunted experience before narrating the whole story.

I was born in Hindu family and both of my parents believe in god but I am a complete atheist. I didn't believe in Ghosts too but after my experience, I have started to believe in ghosts.

I went to a Trekking tour with other teens like me to a small village called Naggar which is 30kms away from well-known hill station Manali in Himachal Pradesh. On 5th May 2015 just 2 months before, we had reached our top most camp, Camp No.3. Most of other trekking groups had abandoned that camp due to heavy snow fall and as most of trekkers were children but as we were very ambitious we had decided to spend at least a night there. We reached that camp by the afternoon and had our lunch. We were all very tired after a long 15km trek through Snow so we had a early dinner and slept by 10:00pm. It was around 3am when I woke up for toilet. Our group leader had advised us not to go alone even for toilet as there was a large forest just after 50 metre decent and it had a large number of wolves. I woke some of my friends to accompany me to toilet but as they were extremely tired and in deep sleep, they told me to go alone and refused to come with me.

It was getting hard for me to control as the temperature was below 0 C so I decided to go alone. It was a full moon night. As the moon light was reflected from snow, it was just like a day. I bet you that it was the most beautiful landscape I had ever seen in my life. I enjoyed the landscape and went to toilet. After I finished, I flushed the toilet and as soon I turned towards camp, I saw nothing, it was completely black. Something was blocking my view, I looked up and saw 2 red eyes looking fiercely at me just about to kill me. In a fraction of second, I was pulled by that ghost, demon or I don't know what its was towards the forest below. I shouted for help as loud as I can. In a few seconds, when I opened my eyes I saw a cross just like the ones used in a cemetery. I looked up and again saw that 2 red eyes. As soon as I saw that I felt a deep chill and everything went black. I had fallen unconscious.

After about 15-20 minutes (I don't know exactly but my fellow trekkers told me) , I woke up and saw my fellow trekkers beside me. I was so happy to see them but still terrified after that incident. They had heard my shouts and followed the path which was formed by my body while I was being dragged. I stood up and saw that my whole body was wet with blood (Not mine). The blood was only on my body while the snow below me was still clear white. I found that I was dragged in a cemetery in the forest below our camp. I didn't had any major injuries except a few scratches caused by sticks while I was being dragged but my head was stinging so badly that I felt someone was hitting me with a hammer. We all were very terrified and hurried back to our camp. As we reached the camp, the noises of Wolves became so loud that it seemed that they were howling in front of us. Nobody slept after that, we were all sitting beside the Camp Fire. I was still in critical state at that time. By 9:00am we decided to abandon our remaining trek and we returned to our basecamp by 12:30pm

When we told everyone about what had happened up there, everyone was shocked that I was still alive. Local people and Basecamp leader told us that these creatures were the ghosts of British Trekkers who were killed by local people before Independence of India. They also told us that nobody had ever returned from that forest alive and I was the first one to get out alive. I am glad to be still alive.

After talking with other locals and searching the web, I found that It was a ghost of a British soldier who was dragged to that cemetery and was left for wolves. The British officers had built a small cemetry there for those who were killed.

*I am just a teen and Non-English person so please pardon me if I have written something or if my my sentence formation is wrong*

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Black_Death, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Msforgetmenott: there is no need for those pills, if anything, you are one of the top nicest and more polite posters of this site; and your stories are always a pleasure to read. ❀

I'm not trying to rekindle an already extinguished fire, specially since this particular one was very frustrating... Here is the link for the second part of this story, I hope you enjoy it.
And if you have some time to spare, please read the tread of comments since there is where the circus is.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22090
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Umm sorry all, I have just reread my comment, I need to take my be nice pills, before posting.

Where is the circus, lady-glow? 😁
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Well put, lady-glow! πŸ˜† I needed a laugh this morning, and you gave it to me.

And msforgetmenott, thank you for the encouragement that we all think about our writing. 😊

Still chuckling about the circus...

Hecate
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Msforgetmenott: the real problem with this story was its sequel... Because it turned an otherwise credible story into a circus. 😒
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hello all,
I do not think this is addressed often enough. This writer states: I am a non English speaking person, then asks for forgiveness for having possibly written in error, or poor sentence formation.
This is a beautifully written event, easy to understand, and certainly frightening. Well done! Very well done!
India, or the people of India, have an impressive education system, the students take it seriously.
Repeatedly, in the last few weeks, I have been subjected to comments that have been written and spelled as if school was never attended. Tossed out for all the World to see, with no or little proofreading.
I have worked in two different school systems as an Art teacher, but have certification for grade 1-12 in both English and History, and often filled in.
I make mistakes! All do, now and again. PLEASE, when commenting, look and correct, that is why EDIT is offered. In fact you are able to EDIT more than once. Think before you click.
Jan
😊
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hello Abhijeet
What a terrifying experience you had...!
I would like to tell you the this is the first story on YGS that scared the hell out of me. I was terrified to know that something was dragging you away from your tent in that unusual hour of night. You are very fortunate that your friends followed the path and found you before anything could happen.
The pic that you posted is really beautiful but it indeed creates a silent and unknown gripping fear. Thanks for sharing such a scary experience.
Now this story goes to my favorites.
Waiting for part two... Post it soon.
😊
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Hi Abhijeet, indeed you should thank God for coming out unscathed from the experience. It seems more of a demonic entity rather than a normal spirit to me. Spirits can become demonic if they have an agenda though. The forests of Himalayan belt are ancient and there are many folklores about the forest demons and spirits lurking behind trees at night. Also there had been many eye witness accounts of haunting by spirits of soldiers all over the world including India. 😁
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
-2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Unexplained:
I don't know surely but I think it was a demon.

I left the clothes there itself and washed my body as soon as we reached Camp No.2. I didn't even thought about my clothes.

I am lucky, I guess so

There is no proof about howmany have died there but locals say that many have went missing
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hey Abhijeet... What a mesmerising view it is! I can stare there for hours... But yes... Your story will going to be echo in my mind...
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
A fascinating story. Do you think it was a demon, TPA?

I know this may seem odd, but it would have been great to have got a sample of the 'blood' to see if it could be tested, but I'm sure you would have just wanted to clean it off.

You're lucky you didn't die of exposure, or from the wolves?

You said that the locals told you that nobody has left those woods alive. How many people have died from these creatures / demons / spirits?

One idea would be to see whether a mass should be conducted near that cemetery.
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
lady-glow: It is just a local legend and not many people know about that so I couldn't find any links about that on Internet but you may find links which could prove that there were British settlements near Manali at that time
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Samtillie: I don't know whos blood it was, but it was definitely not mine nor of any humanbeing as it was somewhat blackish red in colour.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
TPA: wow, that was intense!
Could you please provide the link about the British soldier who died there?

The landscape of that place is breathtakig.

Thanks for sharing.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Hi, I enjoyed reading your story and just wanted to ask one question. You said your "whole body was wet from blood", who's blood was it? Where did it come from? Sorry just abit curious, as the sight of blood can be very horrific for many.
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
If any of you guys want more information about that place and how to reach there, I will publish it along with the Part II within a week.
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Rohan:
I am sorry to inform you but it is generally closed in Rainy and Winter season so if you wish to visit that place, the only time is from February to June (Till 2nd week)
Rohan_mhtr (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
This October I will be heading to manali with my friends. Can you please post some more information of that place. I think it will be a fun trip
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Yep that spectacular view did save me 😁
It consumed a few minutes otherwise I could have died of fear by being out there alone.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Well, at least others are not necessarily in much danger. And, I agree with Tweed, your enjoyment of the spectacular view perhaps saved you. That just sounds right. 😊

Hecate
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hecate:
It is a temporary camp established there by Trek India Outdoors for trekkers. The camp is open for 4 months in year only due to high altitude and harsh climate. Anyone can stay there if he wishes to stay there by contacting the organizers of camp i.e Trek
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
TPA, maybe if you didn't stop to enjoy the view things could have been a lot worse. I've never heard of a ghost 'killing' anyone before, but with the wild animals near by, well it's a scary thought.
I'd like to think a part deep down within you instinctively knew to stay in that beautiful moment a little while, and that doing so kept you safe. 😊
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Agreed with you Tweed
Its still hard for me to believe that everything happened after I captured that photo. When I had clicked that photo and saw it, I had decided to sit there for some time to enjoy the view but I guess my fate had something other in its mind
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Ha! Not so much, my reaction is often typed as 'blimey' to paraphrase an indecorous response to surprise. However, I do use 'blimey' just not nearly as often as typed on here. πŸ˜‰
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Abhijeet, what a beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing. I agree with Tweed's question, is it hard for you to see this?

Do you really say 'Blimey', Tweed? πŸ˜†

Hecate
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Blimey, what an absolutely beautiful light. That photo must be strange for you to look at. It's hard to imagine what happened moments later.

Even still thank you for sharing it with us.
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Guys
I have sent the picture so that it will be posted here as soon as possible but if you wish to see it now, heres the direct link:- http://i.imgur.com/0qvL1p5.jpg?1

It was the landscape outside the tent captured by me at 3:00am after I went out of my tent
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi, Abhijeet, your description is wonderful. I feel I could see the moonlight reflecting off the snow, all sparkly. And then... "cue the scary music"...

Do you know of anyone else who has tried to stay there as you did? This was very scary. Thanks for sharing.

Hecate
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Sheetal and Tweed:
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I am going to write Part 2 soon.

Unfortunately my mobile camera was damaged while I was being dragged so I couldn't get the pic of cemetry and nobody else was in mood of taking a pic there. But I do have a pic of scenery of Camp taken at 3:00am when I woke up and came out of tent. I will upload it soon
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
TPA, Oh my word, I'm utterly shocked. At first I thought you may have been sleep walking but wow! I too would love any links you can provide.

By the way your English is great! Thanks for sharing your terrifying experience. 😲
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi, Abhijeet... Welcome to YGS... Really a terrifying story... 😨 Can you please share the pics/links of cemetery... Information of that ghost from web... Would love to read about this...

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: