You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Camp Roberts' Ghost In Bldg 6038

Real Ghost Stories

Camp Roberts' Ghost In Bldg 6038

 

I'm in the National Guard and currently on ADOS orders in BLDG 6038 Operations at Camp Roberts, CA. I have had unexplained paranormal situations happen to me in barracks 6312 before, but that's not what I'm going to speak of today.

I have been working in the Operations Building for about 6 months now and never heard anything about this particular building up until yesterday. I come in at 0700 everyday to start my day at work. We have a small lounge area where soldiers checking in can sit and wait to be helped. In the lounge area there are two chairs, a sofa, and two coffee tables. Yesterday morning I walked into the office and noticed one chair out of place facing the window, instead of next to the other chair where its always been. So I took a picture, confused, and moved the chair back where it belonged. I asked my co-workers, "Did anyone come back to the office yesterday after duty hours?" and they all replied no, so I left it at that.

Camp Roberts' Ghost In Bldg 6038

This morning I came in right at 0700 as I normally do and saw the same chair, out of place, in the same spot facing the window. All lights were still off at the office so it looked a little spooky and frightened me a bit. I hurried across the room to turn on the lights so I can snap a picture just like yesterday so I did. I got this idea and went to go turn off the lights again so I can take a couple pictures in the dark with the flash on.

My co-workers started trickling in and I asked again if they had came in after hours the night before? She said no, I showed her both yesterday's image and today's and she was stunned! I went back to review the pictures taken in the dark and what I saw was mind blowing! In one of the images taken in the dark was a face-like blurr! It was smokey, white, and visible. It was something only seen in ghost shows or movies. I then looked up to my boss and said, "OH MY GOD!" He replied, "What?" and I walked over to show him and his eyes opened wide and got the chills.

I will be here at the same time tomorrow and will see if the 3rd time is a charm. I always thought of spirits trying to communicate with certain individuals. I don't know if this particular situation is it, but it definitely intrigues me.

I been skeptical even after experiencing a couple things here in Camp Roberts. All the stories about it being haunted and strange things happenings to soldiers always seemed unreal. Just to actually SEE what was in this image and experienced it myself was just incredible. There are definitely lost souls roaming around Camp Roberts. Who knows, you might have your own little encounter if you're a soldier and come train here. Just saying...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fitnatic33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
Fitnatic,

Quick thinking on taking pictures immediately! Leave a camcorder overnight and you might be lucky enough to capture the couch moving on video! 😁
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
fitnatic - you do your country a great service - it's not an easy job.

I agree with spiritwaiting, quick thinking on your part, but that is usually part of the job you have.

I also agree with B4Freya - that you could experiment a bit. You have the means and the talent to capture more details if you wanted to.

In any case, enjoyed your encounter here. Hope we get to hear more:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
fitnatic,
Very interesting account! Like the others I would love to see those pictures too! However I do wonder, why you thought of taking a picture to begin with? I don't think I would have thought to until the 2nd or 3rd time it happened. (Luckily you aren't me lol)
B4Freya (4 stories) (26 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
I'd love to see the photos. It would also be interesting to find out some history of the building. The chair by the window reminds me of my grandfather. In the final years of his life, he always sat in a chair looking out the window in the second floor of our home. I heard children outside talking one day, and realized they thought he was a ghost. The night he died, he was in the hospital, bedridden. And yet... When the nurse went in to check on him, he was in a chair by the window. He had somehow gotten up, gone to the chair... And quietly passed away sitting there, gazing out the window.

Certainly your "ghost" is not my grandfather;) but I wonder if it's someone like him, maybe someone who'd been unable to go outside and do things as he once had, and found solace in his final years gazing out that window.

I wonder what would happen if someone purposefully moved the chair to the window before closing down for the day. It might be an interesting experiment.
earthtogillian (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
This is definitely terrifying! To see a ghost is scary but to snap one is a totally different story.

Anyways, let's talk about the building. Was it old? Could it be that before it became a camp site like it is now, it was a cemetery or a hospital? Try searching the history of Camp Roberts.

Now about the image. You said it was blurry yet visible? Could you tell its expression and its gender, perhaps? Isn't there any possible explanation as to why this object or apparition could've appeared?

Like spiritwaiting, I also indeed want to thank you for your service in the military. You have been of great help serving in the country. 😁

I had a good time reading it! I'm just a little anxious as to what your 3rd experience will capture! Hope all is well for you! 😊
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
Hey there! I like your story and it really was a good read. I can't wait to read more about your experiences (if you're going to have any) in the lounge. I somehow have this question, you say you're skeptical but then you happen to say "There are definitely lost souls roaming around Camp Roberts."?
-Shady
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
fitnatic33, First want to thank you for your service in the military. Now fast and smart thinking on your part. To take pictures of a chair, and then actually get something! Have fun with the third picture. Try leaving a voice recorder in the office overnight. I bet you get something on there! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: