You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crying In The Night At Camp

Real Ghost Stories

Crying In The Night At Camp

 

It was the summer of 2003. I was 11 or 12 at the time. I remember being very happy and excited because it was our annual year end girl guide camp. The year end camp is when all the girl guide units in the city come together for a big weekend camp. At night we sleep with our unit but during the day we're divided into groups with girls from other units. This year the camp was far out of the city. About a 3 hour drive. Another reason we were all excited about camp this year is we were going to be staying in cabins rather then needing to tent it.

Our leaders offered to drive all the girls from our unit to this years camp because it was further than usual. Usually it's up to the parents to arrange transit for their kids. We were a small until, only 6 girls, so we loaded up in the van and started driving. I remember we got so very lost, we were supposed to get there around 4 or 5pm it was almost 10.

So that first night nothing really happened. We were all disappointed that we missed the campfire songs and s'mores. We all had to be quiet when setting up the bunks in the cabin because we were sharing a cabin with another unit and they had all gone to bed with lights out at 9. The only thing separating our units was a curtain.

The next day were were divided into whatever group we could fit in. I was lucky that one of the girls from my unit was in my group. Being very shy I didn't really like being put in a group with people I didn't know. We had a blast. Crafts, songs, singing 'black socks' at the top of our lungs. Telling ghost stories around the fire of evil things in the forest. Calming down to 'Kumbaya' as the 'closing the fire' song. Then getting ready for bed.

That second night we were all asleep and 3 of us woke up to one girl crying. Some girls from the other unit were sleepily yelling at us to be quiet. We all tried to find who was crying. We couldn't pinpoint where the crying was coming from. When our eyes finally adjusted we got out of bed and looked at each one still sleeping. One of the girls we got close to and the noise got louder and then stopped right when we were about to tap her.

That's when we noticed that she was in a deep sleep but also she had a crazy bad nose bleed. There was blood everywhere. It freaked us out and we woke her up and a leader. I should mention that the leaders got to sleep in their own separate room on the other end of the cabin. The girl with the nose bleed started freaking out, she kept asking what we did to her. One of the girls grabbed her blanket and used it to help stop the blood. Our leader at first was not pleased to be woken up.

The leader took her to the medical cabin and promptly sent us back to bed. We couldn't sleep because all we could think of was "who was crying?" "Was she just trying to worn us about the girl with the nose bleed?" We talked for a while until we all fell back to sleep. The next morning we were all under the impression it was a dream. Didn't talk to each other about it or anything. At breakfast they made a special announcement that three girls deserved a special prize for "showing the true meaning of friendship and guide sisterhood, by getting a leader when one of our guide sisters was in need." That's when we a realized it was real.

Looking back I still really have no clue why we heard crying. We thought it was maybe our imagination acting up from the scary stories at the fire, but the three of us heard it and so did a few others from the other unit. We asked the other girls in our unit if they heard anything and they didn't. The girl with the nose bleed thought we were just making it up. She thinks one of us punched her in her sleep, if that was true I think she would have woken up. To being punched. I know none of us would do that. Though she was bullied very often in school and would often accuse the other guides of doing things to her so that wasn't something new.

Has anyone here ever heard of something like this?

Other hauntings by TJYAKI

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TJYAKI, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CrimsonFlame (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
I doubt the girl was crying in her sleep. Here's why:

1) nosebleeds, unless you have a habit of picking your nose, generally do not hurt. This is why when someone gets a random nosebleed they are typically shocked when others point it out.

2) if she was crying in her sleep, why'd she stop before anyone touched her? Makes no sense. Like someone experiencing a bad nightmare she'd have kept crying until woken up.

I'd suggest asking about the campsite. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest that it has some bad history - either European or aboriginal. I know a few campsites, where I once lived, that were built overtop of burial grounds in the late 40s - early 50s when people didn't care about such stuff.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
Hi TYJAKI... It a great read indeed! I think it was she who was crying may be in deep sleep... I am just wondering what cause her nose bleeding? She has any medical history? And yes it was great you all helped her.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
Hi Tjkaki

I think there's a very real possibility that the girl was crying in her sleep, possibly on some level she knew she had a nose bleed, maybe she was in pain and that's why she was crying?

And as Lady-Glow said; it was great you assisted her.

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-30)
Hi TJYAKI:
I remember chaperoning a couple of times during those end of the year camps when my daughter was attending GG.
In one of those occasions the leaders and chaperons had a laughing attack after the girls were already asleep and we had to leave the cabin until calming down only to start laughing again every time we tried to get back into the cabin! 😆

"...One of the girls we got close to and the noise got louder and then stopped right when we were about to tap her."

Do you think it was possible for this girl to be crying in her sleep?

Anyway, it was really nice from you to help her, even if she didn't appreciated it at that time.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I forgot to answer your question in your other story, yes, I'm in Canada, in a small community in BC West of Calgary on highway number 1.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: