You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting Of Surrey

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Of Surrey

 

I'm Alex, and I have been on this amazing site for about a year now and I must say I'm hooked! So I thought it is about time to share my paranormal experiences.

I am 28 years of age and I lived at our family home until I was 24. It was a 4 bed, semi-detached in a quiet area in a village in Surrey. I think the house got built just after the 2nd world war. I heard, but not 100% sure, that there used to be a graveyard near my back garden.

Before we lived there, the previous owners were only there for about a year, as well as the owners prior to them too. The family before them were there for quite some years.

From the ages of say 8 onwards is where the experiences started to occur. And it was always me and my older brother, who is 3 years older, that would experience these occurrences.

One day I was playing in the garden at the bottom and I had the urge to look around towards the back window, and I can still picture this perfectly to this day. I saw my grandmother's face thorough the window. And that was my first real experience. She died some years before.

Some short time after this, me and my father went out, leaving my brother and his best friend at home playing games. My mother wasn't around as she died shortly before these experiences, which I will talk about later.

When we returned some 45 minutes later, we arrived home to see my brother and his friend outside shaking in their boots. Of course my father confronted what is wrong, and they had some story to tell.

They were playing upstairs and all the sudden they heard some rattling coming from the kitchen, so they went to inspect and there was nothing to be seen. They went back up and a few minutes later it happened again. This time they were very worried, especially as they were at the ages of around 12.

They went into the kitchen, they saw cutlery all over the kitchen floor... My brother put it all back. They were both a bit frightened especially knowing that they were just in the kitchen, and the kitchen was clean. At this point, but knowing me and my father were to return shortly, they went upstairs to wait it out, and then the was a massive bang downstairs. So at this point, absolutely terrified, they ran downstairs and waited outside for us.

After these experiences the house started to change. It started to feel eerie and you had a feeling someone/thing was always behind you...

This is just part 1 and doesn't touch what I'm about to tell you next. I will upload shortly after feedback from this one.

This is all 100% true and I hope you enjoyed and want to read part 2.

I look forward to hearing you comments.

Many thanks, Alex

Other hauntings by Bushkin87

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bushkin87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bushkin87 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
Hey guys thank you so much for the lovely comments.
I will upload part 2 in next couple days...
It was a long time ago when my grandmother died but I do believe we were close:)
There was definitely a lot of negative energy in that house though...
Yeah I certainly do believe the previous owners left after only a short time because of how scary that place was!
We were all riddled with bad luck in that place...

I look forward to reading your stories:)
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Hey Alex,

A very good story... Looking forward for more experiences
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Hey Alex! I'm really looking forward to part 2 of the story. You have definetly grabbed my interest and can't wait to hear more. Also I have a question but don't take it as doubt its purely curiosity. Were you and your grandmother close? Was she very fond of you? My grandmother (who hasn't passed yet) who is very very fond of me has told me she doesn't believe she can rest until I'm married. I thought it was a joke but she is rather serious. But I'm also very sorry for your loss of your mother and grandmother.
Respectfully
Razor
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
It's definitely an interesting story, and I'm sure it was a good felling to see your grandmother, its always comforting to know they still want to check in on you. As for the unexplained noises that could be a bit unnerving. I look forward to reading part 2, the story sounds promising.
Cinnamon (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Awaiting part 2 with bated breath... You have me on the edge of my seat Alex!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Hi Alex,

I'm glad you saw your Grandmother through the window, that must have been a beautiful moment. 😊
I'm a little disturbed by the noises in the kitchen. Because I'd be afraid it was an intruder, not a ghost. I guess the details will be in your next stories.

Take care.
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Thanks for sharing Alex, look forward for part 2, and I have to write at lest 50 words so hope this paragraph will do the trick! 😁
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Hello Alex,

You wrote that the previous two owners stayed there for just a year. Could it be that they, too, had unpleasent experiences?

As far as your grandmother goes, I think she had nothing to do with all the stuff that followed. I guess that she simply wanted to see you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: