You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Williamsburg Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Williamsburg Ghosts

 

Williamsburg, Virginia is perhaps the most historic location in the entire continental United States of America. It is where our nation was born and where life began. Some of the buildings that were constructed hundreds of years ago still stand and they still contain the energy of those hundreds of years of life that they endured. When you visit Williamsburg, you are immersed in the culture and time that the first Americans lived in.

However, Williamsburg does have a somewhat mysterious and dark side. According to the multitude of discoveries made by archaeologists over the years, the area that Colonial Williamsburg itself sits on is part of several Native American burial grounds. As most paranormal researchers and investigators are aware, when buildings are constructed upon burial grounds, the energy that has lain dormant for several years is, in a sense, brought back to life.

In most literature, building on burial grounds is viewed as desecration and is said to highly upset spirits. There are several theories as to why Colonial Williamsburg is so haunted to begin with. There are several Internet sites that give information in regards to theories and things of that nature and they are easily accessible. I will spare the details and get into telling my story.

In August of 2015, my paranormal group, Knight Time Paranormal, conducted a four-day investigation of Colonial Williamsburg. I had always wanted to investigate Williamsburg because of the stories I heard and the videos I watched about the ghost tours. I also love history and Williamsburg has more history than anywhere in the U.S. The evidence we captured was by far the most compelling and shocking evidence we have ever captured as a group.

The main locations we investigated were the Peyton-Randolph House and the Edgewood Plantation. As my group knows, those are my two most favorite places in the entire area. From the time we arrived to the time we pulled out of the parking lot, the Peyton-Randolph House was alive with activity. We heard countless knocks, bangs, footsteps, sounds of heavy objects being dragged along the floor. We also witnessed several light anomalies and mists. We also captured some of the best Class A EVP's and disembodied voices I have ever heard in my life.

However, our most chilling piece of evidence was the full-bodied apparition pushing a chair to the floor. I can recall sitting at HQ watching the figure (which was so black I could see it in the darkness) walk across the room, and knock over the chair. It was the first time I was completely speechless on an investigation.

I had a more personal encounter at Edgewood. I will give a brief description and if you want to know the full story, you contact me via email.

I cannot recall which room it was, but I was in one of the rooms and all was quiet... Too quiet... I turned on my SB7 spirit box and out of it came a torrent of voices. The only words I could make out were "gun", "help", "flower", and "west". I still question why those words were significant. After hearing those words I decided to go a different route and just use my body to communicate. I sat down on the floor and told the spirits to do what they wanted in order to communicate. After several minutes I was startled by a ice cold hand gripping my upper arm and pulling on me. What startled me the most was the hand was as cold as death. I felt the air around me drop in temperature instantly and as much as I wanted to get up and run, I held my ground and waited for the spirit to leave.

If you want more about it you can contact me via email: jdancormany[at]gmail[dot]com (editor's note: cell number deleted).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JDCormany, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Greetings, Dan.

This narrative does whet the appetite for the details of your experience; the problem is that is not really what this forum is for. This is a place to SHARE the details (or to share links to the videos, photos, or audio clips), so that there can be an exchange of meaningful conversation.

Of course, I got a bit distracted by your introduction: "Williamsburg, Virginia is perhaps the most historic location in the entire continental United States of America. It is where our nation was born and where life began." This is true if you ignore the wide range of American Indian cultures, the Viking settlements in Canada, the first documented European settlement (St. Augustine, Florida; 1565), the second documented European settlement (Roanoke, Virginia -now North Carolina-; 1584), the third documented European settlement (Jamestown, Virginia; 1607), and the fourth documented European settlement (Plymouth, Massachusetts; 1620). Williamsburg was founded in 1632, but didn't become the capital of the colony until the statehouse in Jamestown burned down the second time (1698), and its status was made official a year later, when "Middle Plantation" was renamed 'Williamsburg" in 1699. As for the statement, "where our nation was born," Virginia was hugely influential, but the first assaults in the American Revolution (The Boston Tea Party, the Boston Massacre) and the first military engagement (the Battle of Lexington and Concord) all took place in Massachusetts; additionally, the Declaration of Independence (closely based upon the Virginia Declaration of Rights) and the Constitution of the United States were both written in Philadelphia. As for "where life began" I'm just going to presume this statement to be pure hyperbole.

I would like to see the links to your evidence published in the comments to your story, so everyone may view/listen to them. I am much more interested discussing in your supernatural experiences than I am in correcting your historical data.

Best,
-Biblio.
RadioGuy42 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-11)
Interesting story.

Do you plan to upload the evidence y'all captured?
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
Sounds like this investigation was successful if only every investigation was this successful, also I would like to see your evidence.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
Hummm, where to begin...

Congrats on what sounds like a very successful investigation, I too would enjoy links to any pictures and or other evidence your team collected.

I do have one question about something... Let me quote you before I ask it, that way there is no confusion as to what I am speaking of...

"I turned on my SB7 spirit box and out of it came a torrent of voices. The only words I could make out were "gun", "help", "flower", and "west". I still question why those words were significant..."

Did your group do ANY histroical research BEFORE or AFTER the investigation? These words may make more sense if the History of 'Edgewood' was looked up and compared to the 'voices' heard from the spirit box.

Respectfully,

Rook
TheCavalry (3 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
"However, our most chilling piece of evidence was the full-bodied apparition pushing a chair to the floor." Where is link to video?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: