You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Weird Experience In Williamsburg

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Experience In Williamsburg

 

About a year and a half ago, my family traveled down to Williamsburg, Virginia. It was our average family vacation (August 2010) and we were there to have a good time. It was the Powhatan resort we stayed at, my grandparents had a timeshare. Apparently it had an old house that was haunted by a ghost "Eliza" on the first and second floor, with some other evil entity on the third floor. People had captured odd pictures of orbs, shadows, and figures in the old house. Every Thursday night there was a ghost tour of the place. We went on the ghost tour one night just for the heck of it. The tour guide told us about when her assistant was on the 3rd floor (where their offices used to be) when she heard a loud aggressive voice shout "Get Out" (or something similar). While we were actually on the ghost tour the only thing paranormal that occurred was a flashlight turning and off by itself.

I tried to do an EVP session, but I got nothing. We went home relaxed and to a movie at the pool (it was movie night at the pool). The only feeling I couldn't shake was someone else was with us. I just ignored it. I continued on with the movie, and then later went to bed on the third floor of the townhouse at the resort. Later that night, I woke up sweating, and terrified. I shook it off as a stupid nightmare. Even later I woke up, but wasn't able to move my body, it felt as if something was holding me down. I tried to yell for help to my cousin who was sleeping just 6 feet away, but nothing came out. I was frozen with fear. Whatever it was it let go of its grasp. I knew it wasn't a nightmare because I was fully awake and stayed awake for the rest of the night.

I woke up my cousin and told her, she kind of believed me (she was indifferent, all she asked was if I was OK). For the rest of the night I moved to the floor beside the bed and read the closest thing to a bible I had (left behind, its a book based off events predicted in the bible.)

I don't know how it could have been a night terror. I was on vacation, summer reading was done, all my summer work completely finished, I wasn't in school, there wasn't any family drama. I was stress free and on vacation. And usually do night terrors only happen if you are stressed out? (triggered by a slight touch or something of that nature)? I really can't say it was a ghost or anything paranormal because I am still confused of what happened that night. Well thankyou for reading this.

Other hauntings by Virginia4Life

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Virginia4Life, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sabiyahsdq (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
Hey, so that sense of not being able to move? That's happened to me before, I thought it was paranormal but I looked it up and it's actually called sleep paralysis. It's when your body falls asleep before your mind and you're aware of your surroundings but you can't move, and it triggers a fear sense in your mind. The most common is believing someone dangerous is there with you. I'm really religious, so I just suggest praying and having faith.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Virginia4Life ~ As frightening as it must have been for, the two possibilities of Sleep Paralysis or Astral Projection are very highly possible, It's very hard to make a concrete theory with no witnesses or any other evidence to mull over.

But very glad you came out of it okay 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Virginia4Life: Just because you think you've never experienced astral projection, doesn't mean you never have...It's a pretty common belief that everyone does, every time we sleep... Most of us don't make the conscious effort to so though...

But, what I think happened was a simple case of sleep paralysis...No, you don't have to be stressed out or under any physical distress to have a sleep paralysis episode...
Virginia4Life (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
CrecentBlue03 I don't think it could have been astro projection. I have never done that before, an no one in my family has ever said anything about it. But thanks!
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I think it was your spirit returning to your body after astro projecting. At night your spirit can leave your body and travel then it comes back the only time it dosen't come back is when you die then God keeps it many religions believe this. An example is the prayer Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord my soul to keep if I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take. This is were this prayer comes from. Sleep is also considerd the sister to death because when you are asleep you are close to death because all your body functions slow way down. Not to worry though you don't go back to God unless its you time not a moment sooner at least that's what I believe and so do many other faiths. Your spirit re entered your body all of a sudden so it most likely took you brain a little time to get the rest of your body catch up to what was happening you were most likely in a smesleep state. Cool story Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: