You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Well

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Well

 

I am being in Chennai since my Birth and this story is about a well near my house. We built and moved to the house nearly 20 years back but this ghost is prevailing for many years even before.

Explaining about the Well, it is 30 ft deep, 10 ft in diameter. Steps are available to reach half the depth but further it is rocky and unreachable. It was said to be holding numerous fishes and a big Tortoise. But there is no water in it now. There is a small motor room near the well and now it is unused/abandoned.

It was said that a woman, who was tortured by her family, was unable to bear the pain anymore and hence jumped to her death in the Well. This Well is being used only for cultivation and not for drinking purpose. But after her death, she was sited many times in and around the Well. But as it was away from the village, people didn't abandon the Well but they were cautious. It was used only in during particular timings during the day and never in the night. The cultivation was later stopped and land was segregated and sold. We live in one of those piece of land and there are many houses nearby.

Still the ghost is being sited. Many people have said to hear her cry as she came running and crying and jumped into the well. During Broad daylight, my mom and I saw her sitting in the motor room but when we went near, we found no one in and around that. Once, my brother-in-law, who was new to place, heard her cry and thought someone need help. Many animals have jumped into the well and died drowning.

More creepy is, my street has many Dogs and in every house there is a Dog. All of them will be barking and howling until 12 in the night. But between 12 and 1, the whole place becomes silent and so creepy. As I work in a IT company, I work in shifts and return home during that time. I won\'t find any dogs in the street during this particular duration. Before or after that, they will be running around.

With recent heavy rains, the well is full of water. As it is surrounded by many Big trees, it is keeping its depth and secrets in the dark and undisturbed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, permramaan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-02)
There's something very spooky about wells, isn't it? Deep, Dark, Dinghy places...
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Hi SDS, I sent a request in FB. Please accept so that I can share details.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
Hi permramaan, thanks for your response. I live in Saligramam and am quite used to Adambakkam. Well you can see my e-mail ID in my profile and if you could please inform me where actually this well is located, perhaps I would try to do some inquiry into the aspect.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
Hi all, I am in Madipakkam and ofcourse there was some problems with the rain but I got the house repaired. Since I am born, I was in the neighborhood, Adambakkam and then we moved to this house. No recent sightings or sounds or suicide (animal or human) happen for a while now but nobody knows who committed suicide or who's that lady haunting that place.

When I was a kid, we used to play around the well and when it rains, the well will be full of water. I learnt swimming in that same well! Others who used to swim with me complained that they felt to get pulled downward!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
Hello permramaan! Same concerns as Sds during last few months must had been pretty hard for the people belonging from that part of the world.
Coming to the motive, no doubt that the story which you have shared is quite creepy. Specially when dogs disappers from the street for a certain time period.
That for sharing.

Regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
permramaan... This is an scary story... In my native we also had one well which is haunted (and this is why I hate fetching water from well) ...Thanks for sharing
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
Wow!y permramaan that story is creepy as hell.
I wonder if that well you speak of has a prior
History besides the woman jumping in. The fact
That you and your family have seen this woman
Freaks me out, but what really makes my skin crawl are the barking dogs at night they seem to
Stop barking at one point for a while and then resume ughhhh (Shudders). I hope you don't have to hear that every night.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-01)
Hello permramaan, welcome to YGS. I am also from Chennai. Where do you live actually? Hope your house was not affected or inundated due to unprecedented rains in early December. Where is this well? You said you are born and brought up at Chennai (Madras) but when it came to the narrative, you said the well is outside the village. That is quite confusing. Which part of Chennai do you live and does this sighting happen even now? Apart from the animals falling into the well, was there anything negative or harm done by the spirit of the woman, who died committing suicide?

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: