You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doppelganger Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Doppelganger Part 1

 

I'm a long time lurker in this website and I found this entertaining since I'm a big fan of real stories and experiences with ghosts and any supernatural beings with the paranormal. I decided to share one of my many experiences.

I graduated from one of the oldest universities located at the University Belt in Manila. I have this experience when I was in Junior Year. Way back in August 2007, I was with my friends (5 of them were women, 1 of them was my ex-girlfriend and only 2 of us are guys) and we were student organization officers. We were preparing for a big event (we call it an annual general assembly) that involves the whole institute to welcome the newest class men and this event is being held in the university auditorium. The auditorium is kind of old but was renovated after the Japanese left our country since the building was bombed during the World War II.

Usually, before we go to the auditorium, we need to get the keys from the university security team, which is located in another building. Their office is at the northeast side of the campus. The auditorium is located at the southwest side. So technically, it's like coast-to-coast and a very long walk. At the middle part of the campus there are parking slots, mini soccer field and some basketball courts and even some chairs where students go by during their breaks with big trees surrounding it.

I don't remember the name of the security officer who always gives us the keys but I think it starts with "J" and we just call him by "Kuya". (Kuya is a called to a male that is a few years older than you and it is a sign of respect) so I'll just call him "J".

What we did during the time, so that no one can see our arrangements is, we lock ourselves in the auditorium. Everything's normal until this happened.

So, we got the keys. Usually, Kuya J comes with us so that if we need help. He can assist but this time, he was busy checking some of the rooms in another building so he let us go to the auditorium by ourselves.

The auditorium is a big one. Not that big like in theaters in Broadway but there is an upper level which you need to access by stairs.

We were preparing arrangements and it was around 8:30 to 9:00 in the evening. I think it's still too early but if you're a student, it's kind of late. We were fixing the stage, the props, the curtains, the lights and seats. The suddenly, I and my ex-girlfriend noticed Kuya J was upstairs sitting in the front row seat. We called him "Oi kuya! Andyan ka pala! Ano ginagawa mo diyan?" ("Hey kuya! We didn't notice that you were there already! What are you doing up there?") He didn't answer. Then, the rest of us called him since we needed help but he was just smiling and gave us a wave. We were pretty sure it was him. Then my friends told me that maybe he can't hear us so I decided to go upstairs to call him. The stairs is far at the east side of the auditorium and suddenly, there was a knock on the main door of the auditorium. I opened it first since it's very near to us and to my surprise, it's Kuya J!

We were all spooked. It is very impossible that he's upstairs since the stairs are very far from the main door. We even joked that he was playing us but he was dead serious that he just got there. Then he told us about a story that there really is a ghost there that likes to play to some of the university personnel. He told us that the ghost likes to "be one of them".

That was one of my experiences. I'll share some more soon.

Other hauntings by Venom_Snake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Venom_Snake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Venom_Snake (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-01)
Red Wolf

Hey man, that's what we experienced. Some people in the university say that it doesn't want to hurt the living but "loves" to get attention. It wouldn't interact but it did gave us a wave.
Venom_Snake (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-01)
Tweed

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy the past few months and had to go back and forth all over Asia because of my line of work.

You know what, I decided to visit my old school last week and bumped with "J" and turns out his name is Joseph. He still remembers what happened that night and told me some stories about the doppelganger by the time we graduated.

We're 100% sure it wasn't "J" aka Joseph since me and my friends were alone in the auditorium. We can recognize every personnel inside it because we were all students and wearing our university uniform to identify ourselves. Cheers!
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Hi Venom Snake,

This is kind of similar to something which happened to my Dad in an old hall many years ago. Do you think the man you saw in the theater simply looked like 'J' enough for you all to assume it was him?

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more of your posts. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Venom_Snake

I've heard of some theaters on and off Broadway have reported a person sitting in the audience and would not answer when asked what they were doing there. The "person" would just disappear.

Regards
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: