You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Lighthouse

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lighthouse

 

The following account took place in the late summer of 1982. This is a long story but I felt background information on the history of the location helps create a clearer picture. I wrote down details of these events the day after they occurred which has helped, over the years, to keep the incidents fresh in my mind.

This story concerns, in particular, two events that happened that summer night on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, where I lived at the time. In 1982, Hilton Head, which is now a huge resort island, was largely developed but still retained several undisturbed tracts of wilderness. One of these (where my account took place) was a close to one thousand acre wooded area that stretched from the Atlantic Ocean to Highway 278 (the highway that serves as the main artery of the island). Back then it was only one lane each way. Today it is several lanes in each direction.

This undeveloped area, then as now, has a cast iron "skeleton" supported lighthouse (photos can be found online by typing 'Hilton Head Rear Range Lighthouse' into a search engine). It is referred to variously as The Hilton Head Rear Range Light, the Leamington Lighthouse (the name of the one time plantation the light was constructed on), or to my friends and I, simply as "the old lighthouse".

Hilton Head is noted for its famous red and white stripped lighthouse in Harbour Town a few miles away. That lighthouse was constructed for decorative purposes in 1969. The Rear Range light was constructed in 1880 and originally its beacon was matched up with a front range light (no longer standing) on the beach. When the two lights were lined up, one over the other, ship captains knew it was time to begin their turn into the Savannah Shipping Canal.

The light was deactivated in 1932. The rear range lighthouse is far from the ocean. After the light was decommissioned the area surrounding it became Camp McDougal, a Marine training facility. Thousands of men trained there between 1938 and 1942. After that the area was used for hunting.

By the time I lived on the island (between 1977 and 1983) it was quiet forest and the largest of the remaining undeveloped chunks of land left. There were, of course, "No Trespassing" signs about but for a young teenage guy these meant very little. The one time Leamington Plantation has now become part of Palmetto Dunes Resort and the light now stands guard over the Arthur Hills Golf Course. Six acres immediately around the light are protected from development and in 1983 the old structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

Then, as now, I have always felt a deep connection with the light. I have a painting of it in my living room. Besides the lighthouse there were a few remaining structures --a building that housed the generator for the camp, with the words 'Power Plant' on a plaque above its front doors; the oil shed that housed the oil for the lighthouse lamps; the foundations of the two keeper's houses, which were moved to Harbour Town and renovated; a massive concrete cistern and another foundation where the camps hospital had stood.

The light and the surrounding woods became one of the major hangouts for me and my circle of friends. Endless hours were spent hanging out in the old lamp room, climbing around the outside of the lighthouse on its skeleton frame (not smart I know) and running around the forest. Having a special place like this to go to provided for fresh adventures each time.

Local folklore surrounding the lighthouse claimed that a light keeper named Adam Fripp suffered a heart attack during a hurricane while climbing the spiral staircase of the light to keep the lamps lit. Legend states that his daughter Caroline found Adam dead at the base of the staircase and was forced to tend the light herself. She reportedly dragged her father back to the house and pulled him up step by step as the storm surge pushed the water higher and higher. Exhausted and half crazy, she was supposedly found a few days later only to die soon thereafter.

From that point on her ghostly figure has supposedly been seen on moonless nights walking up the spiral staircase weeping. Well, that's the legend and every lighthouse needs one. She is referred to as either The Blue Lady or The Lady in Blue. The "blue" aspect stemmed from her always wearing a blue flower, dress etc. One problem with this story is that there is no record of a keeper named Fripp ever tending the rear or front range lights.

After talking about it for some time, my friend Billy and I decided we were going to have a real adventure and spend the night at the lighthouse and see if we could see The Blue Lady ourselves. On a rainy Saturday, just before dusk, Billy's mom dropped us off at the old hidden and dilapidated road which led to the light. This road was no longer accessible to vehicles--a large trench cut it off from Highway 278 (as an aside, my mom certainly wouldn't have "okayed" me camping out in such an isolated area at only 15 so I just said I was spending the night at Billy's).

This wonderful old road was our entrance into a time machine of the mind. It wound its way first past the aforementiond "Power Plant" building, then a short distance away the foundations of the keepers houses, then a huge foundation, where I believe, the hospital once stood. Finally rounding a curve in the road the pine and live oak trees would part and the hulking rear range light sprang into full view. Constructed of iron, the slender tube that contains the staircase is supported by a steel "skeletal" framework. In the late 1980s the light was restored but when I used to visit it, rust bled heavily down its sides, giving way only sporadically to the few flecks of the remaining white paint.

Billy and I set up our small two person tent off a small path covered with low hanging Spanish moss covered branches, about twenty yards from the lighthouse and just in front of the already mentioned larger foundation. We had supplies for the night--food, water, flashlights, kerosene lamp, a radio and a couple baseball bats and a pellet gun. After all, we were both fifteen at the time and we were, for all intents and purposes, in the middle of nowhere. After we set up we ventured on to the lighthouse to see the night come.

Neither Billy or I had ever been to the lighthouse after dark and to see it that way was strange. The massive live oak tree directly in front of the light and the brooding presence of the rusting structure in the growing evening shadows was quite eerie. It was also exhilarating. After climbing to the top we returned to our tent as the rain was becoming somewhat heavy. Not only was it raining but it was a moonless night (Billy and I chose it because of the Blue Lady legend), and the whole area was as black as pitch. Anyone who has ever lived in a rural area knows how incredibly dark it can be when there are no lights at all nearby. The thick humidity somehow makes if feel even darker.

In daylight my buddies and I would regularly joke about The Lady in Blue but Billy and I now afforded her legend a bit of respect. To get our minds off being a bit afraid we blasted the radio, ate and told jokes. This worked brilliantly for a couple of hours. However, the first of the two paranormal occurrences was about to transpire.

Billy was laying back on his sleeping bag flipping through a magazine and the rain had lightened up a bit. I thought I would take a peek outside. Unzipping the front of the tent, I peered out. What I saw completely caught me off guard. I could see clearly over the small path we were on, over the old foundation and well into the woods on the other side. It was the light that really took me by surprise and particularly where it was coming from. There was a milky, low lying "fog" which weaved its way around all the trees I could see but didn't actually touch them. It came within six inches or so and then curled around them. Looking directly down I saw the fog or mist did the same thing with our tent. Above it there was nothing. The light illuminating the woods seemed to come from the strange fog itself. Unlike any fog or mist I have encountered before or since. This stuff looked like a thick liquid and moved and undulated very, very oddly.

Billy was by my side now looking at the weird "living" mist as well. We both mentioned how we couldn't see through it--it completely hid the earth underneath. The light was a bluish/white and was surprisingly bright.

Before writing this account I went online to research different types of fog. I was really surprised at how many different types there are but none of them was anything like this. It's important for me to add that the lighthouse was located on slightly higher ground than much of the island (not more than 30 feet or so above sea level) and there were no marshes nearby. So it wasn't some kind of luminescent marsh gas. I lived in the island for six years, my family and I had visited it since 1973 and I have visited it several times since then and I have never seen anything remotely like it.

It struck me that with all the thousands of people who were trained at Camp McDougal, this might have been some remaining "group energy" that, like an apparition, has imbued the atmosphere with a palpable energy, and appears once in awhile when people like Billy and I are caught up in the "apparitional drama".

For the remainder of the night Billy and I were uneasy and (I can't explain why) we didn't look out of the tent again. We had difficulty occupying our time, much less sleeping. It wasn't as though we were particularly frightened by the weird fog, just completely baffled by it. We also noticed an odd, regular pattern of rain that fell on our tent--one, pause, two, three, four, pause, five. I still remember the pattern as it seemed to continue endlessly and being in a thick forest in a supposedly haunted area on a rainy night with a weird fog surrounding us did nothing to dispel the thought, that someone or something was pouring water on the tent in a purposeful manner. It was a bit maddening.

The final (stop already someone screams) paranormal occurrence happened around 5:00 AM. I was finally on the brink of an uneasy sleep when the most bizarre and horrifying scream I've ever heard cut ferociously through the woods. It sounded like a mixture of an infant, a wild pig (there had been wild boars on the island but they were gone by this time) and a possessed man. It lasted for five seconds or so and when it stopped there was absolutely NO sound. The rain had stopped, there was no early morning birdsong, absolutely nothing. I know that sounds dramatic but it is exactly as it happened. Billy and I exchanged glances, stuffed our backpacks, disassembled our tent and as quickly as possible made our way back up the abandoned road. The mist, by the way, was completely gone, which, at least to me, really suggests it wasn't a "normal" phenomenon.

I lived on the island for six years (as I already mentioned) and never again heard anything even close to this scream. It still echoes in my mind thirty four years later. Maybe it was the ghost of a one time light keeper. At least one was buried on the property. Maybe it was the echo of a drill sergeant screaming at some green recruits from the Camp McDougal days. The emotions of the men shipping in and out on a weekly basis and then off to war could theoretically have left an intense impression on the location. I have even considered it being the war whoop of a Confederate soldier. There had been some skirmishes on the island in the Civil War and the "Rebel Yell" was said to be unmistakable.

Whatever it was, The Blue Lady, old light keeper, Rebel soldier, drill sargeant or something else entirely, it wasn't a living person. It was simply too weirdly loud, as if it was somehow amplified. Billy and I both agreed it was the most blood curdling and creepy sound we have ever heard. That still stands for me today. I can't speak for Billy and I haven't talked to him since the late 1980s.

It would be great to read thoughts about these events from the great YGS community. Particularly the glowing, milky mist and the scream. The Leamington Lighthouse is woven into my very being. My wife and I were able to obtain special permission to enter and climb up the lighthouse in 1993. It's not open to the public so it was quite an honor. It was like visiting an old friend. Creepy encounters or not, it remains a very special place to me.

Other hauntings by Manafon1

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Manafon1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-15)
Hi Rex-T--Always great to hear from you. We were definitely close enough to the fog, as it weaved around the tent Billy and I were in. It couldn't have been more than two feet from us as we looked down at it from the tent.

I didn't notice any temperature drop or the formation of any water droplets on my skin but have noticed those things with every other fog I've ever encountered. I refer to what I saw that night as "fog" but it didn't behave or look like any fog I've ever encountered again.

As for Caroline, I agree that the safest place for her to be would've been the lighthouse but most folklore has holes you can drive a truck through so it isn't that surprising that many of the variations on her story has her inside the house as the storm surge hits. There are others, however, that have her inside the lighthouse keeping the light burning for the hurricane's duration.

Thanks for your new thoughts on this old story. The night I describe still sticks with me all these years later.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-15)
Greetings Manafon,

It seems like yesterday when I first jumped on Google Maps to have a look at "the old lighthouse" back in October 2019. The limited view gave me the impression that I was looking at just the steel superstructure and the "guts" of the building had disappeared over time. My latest look was a bit of a wow moment as it seemed to grow out of the trees as I zoomed in and made a lot more sense when viewed in 3D mode.

A tall impressive white lady looking out over the trees and... Golf course? Well, I'll stick with your image all those years ago.

I'll admit that I was once punked by two army guys with dry ice and green smoke flares, out in the bush where the drop bears lurk, but the effect was nothing like what you described with the mist. As a matter of fact, I've always been able to get up close to fog and see a short distance ahead.

One other thing I have noticed with fog, is that once I get close the temperature seems to drop and my skin seems to produce a thin film of water droplets. Did this happen to you guys or do you think that you weren't close enough.

One last thing that struck me is the irony of Caroline's sad story. Hurricane - Storm Surge - Flying Debris - The safest place to be on a night like that would have been inside the light house.

Take care, stay safe and watch out for Delta.

Rex-T
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-13)
Hi Jubeele--Thanks for your fresh thoughts on my old account! I never considered that the rain tapping could have been Morse code. Considering that the land had at one time been a military training facility, it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, that fog was completely bizarre--I've never encountered anything like it again. It really did seem to be somehow sentient. Maybe the presence of Billy and I somehow helped "activate" it. Coo thought Jubeele!

I looked up the Kereon Lighthouse--what a beautiful storm lashed thing it is. It's everything you look for in a lighthouse (sorry Hilton Head Rear Range Light 😉) Great thought provoking insight Jubeele, thanks much. Hope you and Rex are keeping it groovy Down Under.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-13)
Hi Mike

Really enjoyed reading this account again. Great wordsmithing, as always. You brought us along for the ride on that adventure, and what an intriguing experience. Rex and I have two large prints of the Kereon Lighthouse, engulfed by waves off the Brittany coast. I'd lie in bed, snug as a bug in a rug, and look at the lighthouse, standing fast and holding strong against the waves.

As I was reading your account, I got this image of walking through a forest, coming out into a clearing and seeing a half-rusted skeleton staircase. Just standing there. Don't think I'll be daring enough to climb it, not after hearing all the urban legends about the phenomena. Remember my experience with the shadow on the staircase? I believe that staircases can be portals, in the right place, at the right time...

It might be that your teenage selves could have energised some ghosties on that occasion. I've never heard or seen fog behaving like that before, with such purpose. That was spooky.

Had the whimsical thought that the raindrops were tapping out some mystical messages in morse code, and tried to find out what 'dot', space, 'dash dash dash', space, 'dot' meant. But all I got was: E O E. Then again, I probably got the translation wrong! 😆
Https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html

Awesome that you both got to visit the place again and see it from adult eyes. Thanks for sharing.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-11)
Hi Cherubim--Thanks for your nice words about my experiences at the Hilton Head Rear Range Lighthouse. Don't feel too bad for the lightkeeper Adam Fripp or his daughter, as they are local legend as opposed to fact. I first became aware of their story in a book that was originally published in the late 1960s called South Carolina Ghost Tales by Nell S. Graydon, although they weren't yet named. There have been many subsequent variations on this initial story since, usually adding the names of Adam Fripp and his daughter, but research has proven that there was never a lightkeeper of that name who tended the H.H. Rear Range light.

I looked up the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse and read its history--it's a beautiful place. The story you referenced apparently is much like the legend concerning Adam Fripp and there is a name it can be attached to. The lighthouse, like the Hilton Head light, was abandoned for many years and in 1899 a woman named Lischen Miller wrote a story called The Haunted Lighthouse, which concerned a girl, "named Muriel Trevenard who mysteriously disappeared in the lighthouse after returning to retrieve her handkerchief."

In the cases of both lighthouses, the fact that there are are fictionalized stories of the places doesn't mean they're not haunted, merely that those stories have taken on lives of their own and have added to the legends and folklore of them. I know what I experienced was real but there is no doubt that the legend I had absorbed previously added to my unease when the incidents I described occurred! Abandoned places often have a resident ghost, often because it's romantic and just seems like they should, but sometimes the legends allow the "real" ghosts to catch the eye of the curious. Thanks again for your comment.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-11)
I was drawn to this story because I've always been drawn to lighthouses. I grew up on the edge of the Atlantic ocean in North Carolina. I miss the fireflies...

The type of fog you saw would be very scary! The way the rain fell would also be very maddening. Even as young as you were, you realized it wasn't natural. I wrote down the name of this lighthouse and will look it up. I would love to see it. You could "feel" something wasn't right about the area, I can relate to that feeling.

It's so sad about the lighthouse keeper dying from a heart attack, then his poor daughter too! There's a lighthouse where I lived on the coast here in Oregon called the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, it was built in 1871. You can sit in the gift shop and watch a short documentary about how the lighthouse keeper left his daughter with someone else there as he had to go out to sea for some reason. He never returned. Then years later his daughter and friends were goofing around the lighthouse at night, she left something inside and went to go get it, she never came back out?! Her friends went inside after her but she was never found. They boarded the lighthouse up, but reopened it later on.

The scream you and Billy heard sent chills up my spine. It's like it was meant for ya'll to hear it since it only happened once?! 😨 I don't think I could ever go back! You are very brave. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it. ❤
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
Hi LuciaJacinta - Nice to hear from you. You can comment on a story no matter how old it is (although sometimes the person who posted it is no longer around). I have the movie The Fog on DVD. It's a fun flick. The fog I saw wasn't as dramatic but any fog that seems to create its own light from within is alarming!

I listened to the call of the Fisher Cat online - they certainly do have a wild call and I imagine many people have mistaken them for people, or for that matter ghosts, over the years. However, this account took place off the coast of South Carolina on Hilton Head Island, right on the border of Georgia and is too far south to have been a Fisher Cat. Unlike the Fisher Cat which repeats their weird cry repeatedly, the scream Billy and I heard only occured once. I spent a lot of time at the lighthouse and never again heard anything like it. Thanks for your theory though and for reading my account.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
I've been reading over this one for the last few days. Not sure if there is a rule on here about commenting on older stories?

No one mentioned the old 1980s movie "The Fog" have you ever seen this movie? Its kind of a campy oldie but it was one I saw when I was very young that has always stayed with me. I really do think of this movie often. It scared me. See certain things spook me, like others might get scared if a ghost pops out and says boo, but I get scared by things like this, Fog! Come to think of it many horror movies have that fog in it. Fog is spooky!

Now as for that sound... My guess is it was an animal called a "Fisher Cat". Google it. A few years ago, someone saw a Fisher cat in our area. So I looked them up and read up on them. That night one appeared in our yard. It made the weirdest scream I ever heard. They are known for their screams. Their habitat stretches down to North Carolina.

Anyway...could be, or could be a ghost. 😁
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Manafon, I sent you a few emails over the last hour or so. I keep getting a 'return to sender, message failed' message.
I tried sending it split into two emails, six files in one email and two files in the other email.
The six file attachment email said it was 'returned to sender'. But it said it sent and it's showing up in my 'sent' folder.
😕
Stupid emails, I hope it worked!
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Tweed--Thanks for including those links for the prehistoric "bear dog". If that's what was stalking around the old Proctor Mill House, well that would definitely cause a double take! Some of the characteristics certainly fit. Now I want one 😜. The Proctor's (as I'm sure you read) also had, what seems to have been, the ghost of a monkey haunting the place as well. This "monkey" was seen to disappear under a bed on one occasion.

As for the Tasmanian Tiger, it would be a nice gesture for the government to declare the creature endangered to protect any that might still roam some out of the way places. It seems that doing such a thing would effect vested financial interests. Now there is a common malady that is endemic to large chunks of the planet! That and overpopulation--but I won't get started on that.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Manafon, I've just been doing some light reading about the Proctor family and far out, talk about an active location! I couldn't find any definitive indication of the size of this cat, apart from the word 'large'. I wanted to find out how big 'large' is because I found something which resembles a cat with a snout. Except it's not a cat but the prehistoric 'bear dog'. Which probably took up the entire bedroom, let alone saunter through a closed doorway, but anyway:
Http://www.monbiot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Amphicyonid-skeleton.png
Artist's impression:
Http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kMWcdYC-OHo/T66VC56tvEI/AAAAAAAAhhI/Eah5AT6g6Lo/s1600/beardog2.JPG
Another impression, possibly a different variant of the bear dog but still with a cat like face and long snout:
Http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7228/7269914352_d330997083_z.jpg
Colouring and markings of these creatures has got to be educated guesswork by researches combined with closely related animals of today. But if the Proctor family had a prehistoric animal, which was 'white', maybe it was an albino. An albino predator probably found it hard stalking and ambushing prey, so was considerably smaller and thinner than it's pigmented pals.

That 4:11 stuff sounds totally creepy. I don't know if you ever watched True Detective, but that's where my mind went with the details you described. God, I hope I'm wrong.

With the thylacine, I agree there's probably some still roaming around. I can't think of any other extinct animal that gets continued reports. I shudder to think it's inconvenient for some murky corners of society to have the thylacine declared 'endangered'. As something like that would likely prompt the protection of Tasmanian forests, thus preventing certain economic interests, not a nice thought. Deforestation in Tasmania has been a hot topic for years, unfortunately.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Hey Tweed--You bring up some really interesting things. I know that many people claim to have seen the thylacine in the decades since it supposedly went extinct. It's a wild looking creature and it seems at least possible a few are still roaming difficult to access, out of the way places. As for case studies of people claiming to have seen extinct animals, there aren't any reports explicitly detailing animals that supposedly no longer exist (that I have read) but there are occasional mentions of apparitional animals that could indeed be just that.

The quite well known haunting of the Mill House at Willington (which took place between 1834 and 1841 when Joseph Proctor and his family lived there) had a wide array of paranormal activity. Interviewed by early Society of Psychical Research member Henry Sidgwick, Mrs. Hargrave (who was a sister of Joseph Proctor's wife) reported seeing, in the daytime, "a large white cat, with a long snout. It appeared to go through the closed garden door or through the wall and disappear as if it had gone into the fire. It was also seen in one of the bedrooms going through a closed door." The description of this "cat" as having a long snout, suggests it could have been an apparition of some extinct breed. The Proctor's two year old son also saw this apparition and described it as "a funny cat." This might be an example of an extinct animal being seen.

Of course there are endless reports of people seeing a family dog, cat, horse and so on after the animal has died, so it seems possible that there are people in Tasmania seeing ghosts of Tasmanian Devils!

I am presently reading a book (Missing 411: Eastern United States by David Paulides --highly recommended by the way) that details unexplained disappearances throughout North America that have taken place in rural and wilderness areas. There are fascinating parallels between many cases and they regularly occur in "clusters." A common factor is that when people who have been missing are found (if alive) they commonly cannot remember where they were (almost like they were under a spell) and are confused/dazed/delirious, very often with a slight fever. Most people can recall only fleeting images. A common one is that of a man like creature (one boy who was found after three days kept speaking of 'a throbbing giant man' who lived deep in the woods) who watches over the accosted person. Multiple reports of people who were missing in the woods includes a creature collecting berries to feed to the accosted person and also sleeping against them to provide warmth at night. Yikes!

The descriptions of these forest creatures often sounds a lot like a Big Foot type of thing. Of course there are also some VERY creepy reports of "wild men" living in places like The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. These "wild men" could very well be mistaken for a Big Foot. Of course park officials don't want to freak out tourists to the park with reports of wild men occasionally stalking and abducting visitors, so it is kept hush hush. A few retired park rangers have spoken of encountering these "feral" mountain people and it is a really creepy thought.

I have digressed enough, but a short answer to your question (too late), is that I think there are reports of extinct animals in a few ghost case studies but they are usually just described as an anomalous apparitional creature. It's all fun stuff to consider. As everyone knows who frequents this site, the world is full of many things most people don't want to accept as part of their philosophy 😁.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
Hi Manafon, a few days ago I began typing something up for YGS about some small glowing 'orb' type things outside our bedroom window one night. This happened last year, we both woke up to this cluster of lights through the curtain crack. Next morning my husband said they looked similar to fireflies. There's supposed to be no fireflies in the UK. So while typing it up I did some searches and got a few results about possible sightings of fireflies, one in northern Scotland I think it was, and another in Lancashire England. All unconfirmed and so far nothing for Hertfordshire, where we are. I was reading this back and forth firefly dialogue on a nature forum and it reminded me of something:

The Australian equivalent of Big Foot, the thylacine, or 'Tasmanian Tiger'. Unlike Big Foot, the thylacine is a confirmed species. Technically a marsupial, it resembles a large dog with a long tail and stripes down its back. It's been extinct for ages. Trouble is there's loads of continued reported sightings of them.
I remember as a kid, well into my teens, every few years or so someone would take a blurry photo, or film some shaky footage of one, usually at a distance. Nothing was ever confirmed one way or the other, but it usually made the 6 o'clock news.
Like Big Foot, the thylacine has garnered a bit of a conspiracy theory edge. So if someone claims to have seen one, the next question is usually 'how drunk were you?'. While a lot of claims are made by crackpots or people after cash rewards, some do appear genuine, whether or not a thylacine was truly spotted is so far anyone's guess. But all this got me thinking.
With all the paranormal case studies you've read, are extinct animals ever reported?
Either the thylacine is really good at hide and seek, or maybe some of these people have seen ghosts of the 'Tassie Tiger' without knowing it. Now THAT'S what I call a conspiracy theory! 😆
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
I am having some yerba tea with my new calabash gourd. I hope the leaves will not be stuck inside the bombilla (the steel straw used both to steer and sip the tea) like Senhorita/Senhor Jessie here; there is too much going on here, to say the truth.

Sorry for being an amateur trying to follow the comments, just me nothing personal for anyone, Jessie said she had an accident, why can't we give her time? Even if she is the same particular people, what if she really is in a hospital and can't use her smart phone or PC? I wonder how people can just bob into a new field and judge things there, do you know her well enough? (Again, nothing personal)
Maybe I am just being a sugar cane (giving too much chances) or a marshmallow (a sponge full with thoughts, in another word thinking too much), anyone want some snack for this field trip?

Anyhow, the story itself is great! I wish I had chances to investigate places like that too (no,no,I am not an investigator, just a dreamer)

Hey, can someone press the play button on the radio I think someone is recovering Cranberries' "Zombie". (What's in your head~in your head~)
Lovely3 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Thank you for getting back to me! I will share with everyone what's going on 😊
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Lovely3--Your comment almost comes on cue. I would suggest any questions you have about things that are happening to you be posed to everyone here at YGS. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and you have a better chance of getting answers by opening up the conversation to everyone. I'm off to work right now though so will pass the baton to the YGS community.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Thanks for pointing out that story Miracles--I do indeed see the similarities with Jessie's presentation. You know you're in for a credibility straining story when it starts with, "Look I don't care if you believe me or not this is true, okay?" As was mentioned in the comments of his story, you have to really have a rather empty and sad life to try to pass off a fictional account as fact.

Lady-glow--Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you that the Bus is presently hot on Jessie's heels but look, I don't care if you believe me or not, I believe that's true, okay? 😆.
Lovely3 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Manafon-

You have had a really cool experience! I would like to ask you about some things that are happening to me if you don't mind?
Lovely3 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
I'm new here... I read the story and comments and Jessie you are totally lying. There is no need to lie about these kinds of things. 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
manafon - if you haven't read submissions by this o/p, take a gander. This is the one I was talking about the similarities.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18125
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
I just thought I would put the proverbial cap on our intrepid young paranormal investigator Jessie and his "investigation" of the old Hilton Head lighthouse. As expected he didn't post anything on youtube again yesterday and as his story was as full of holes as a slice of havarti cheese, I think it is safe to say he has fled the scene. Not that he won't be back with a further explanation/excuse under his present or future name.

I feel that this is a sort of YGS rite of passage. Thanks for choosing my story Jessie 😜!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-05-19)
Manafon: this is such an interesting and well written story, I really enjoyed reading it.

As for our friend Jessie, I don't know if he really was hit "be" a car... But I am sure The Bus will run over him pretty soon! 😆
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
Wish-Not--Jessie states he's been around the world just like young Zeromaru did. I do think they could well be one and the same. "Jessie's Girl" is totally appropriate Tweed! On the subject of music, and as you mentioned Triumph Rook, their tune "Never Surrender" would fit this situation real nicely 😁.

As far as I'm concerned this thread can remain music and lyric related. At least music is something we can actually hear, and if we go to a concert, see 😆.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
I pretty much expected school was out for summer some where. I thought I smelt something from him on a another story. Just wasn't right. He assured me that he has been out of school for a couple of years. And been around the world.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
rookdygin, Oh I missed that! That was the song that I heard at Santiago with my ex, forgive me lol
OK, enough of that, sorry.

Sincerely

E.Lynx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
roylynx,

The first 'crash lyrics' that come to mind from that SPG album are from 'Fire, Fire'...

"Hope I can make it

Stop it and break it

The doors are all locked down

I'm flying on my feet

Gotta reach that corridor

Sirens are blaring

Screams from the starin'

As they watch him cry

He's holding on as he's ripped from the room

Engulfed in flames, but they'll be out soon

Oh it's such a shame, of all the things to go wrong while out in space

(Chorus)

Fire, fire burns much brighter when oxygen is the supplier
Fire, fire is killing his desire to not be cold as he expires

Oh, burning in space
Oh, burning in space"

Puff 😉

We now return you to your normally scheduled comments...
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
"Well, it doesn't matter those fancy shoes, it's all about the words you choose
It doesn't matter those fancy shoes, it's all about the friends you'll lose
It doesn't matter those fancy shoes, it's all about the toes you'll lose
It doesn't matter those fancy shoes, so why would, why would you?"
From "Fancy Shoe" by SPG

Somehow reading the comments made me thing of this song... I remember there was a crashing part so...

I might want to agree with Miracles51031. Jessie12 please take your time, we are all waiting.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
hahahha, Sorry Rook, I was trying to reference 'Jessie's Girl', without typing the title. 😆 Whatever music fits the moment is cool with me.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
Oh, that hurts Tweed, I am as likely too rock out to Disturbed as I am Triumph (not so much the Rick Springfield). Let's not forget Steam Powered Giraffe. Then of course there is good ol' Amadeus can't forget him Nor Brian Setzer or Rob Zombie. It all depends on just what fits the mood at the time the Bus pulls out of the station. 😉

Right now I am thinking about queuing up...

Staind...'Not Again'...

"Do you feel like you're falling?
You've taken this step
In front of you is further from the truth
You fall apart in front of me again
Again!"

But that's just based on the recent conversation on Manafon's experience...

Puff Bayram (Jammin while washing the Miss Demeanor)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-18)
I'm going to sound a bit two-faced here and I don't intend to so I apologize if this comes across that way. But I want to mention the similarities of this member to another we had a few years ago. The other member kept having these unrealistic accidents/incidents which prevented him from following through with the evidence or whatever it was.

I am just pointing this out because I hope Jessie can provide the requested proof. If not, well another one bites the dust.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: